“Nicola is Back!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main St.
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Nicola Moncada used to own Due Nicola in Little Falls, NJ and then Il Cinghalle in Little Ferry. His newest spot is this terrific BYOB in Madison, NJ. You can always count on him to provide fresh and delectable dishes, many based on his native Sicily. Spaghetti Carbonara, Spaghetti con Lentiche (lentils) are but two of my favorite pasta dishes. His wild boar, be it with pasta or roasted is always a treat.

1  Thank mscudiery

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Benissimo Restaurant located at 4 Park Avenue, Madison, NJ is a pleasant new addition to the large group of Madison restaurants. This family owned business moved here from Bergen County where their former restaurant fell victim to Hurricane Sandy. From the moment we entered the restaurant we were warmly greeted by the owner Nicola, his daughter and son. We were a group of six for dinner. We shared 2 rice balls, baccala salad, and special fried sausage, onions peppers and potato appetizers. For my main course I selected the Risotto with grilled shrimp and asparagus. My wife had the Veal Ossobuco. All of the main courses were outstanding. We went on Saturday evening so it was busy. On Wednesdays there is live jazz playing. I recommend that you call for reservations.

1  Thank Adjuster1986