“Not as Good as Panera Bread”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Atlanta Bread Company - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Atlanta Bread Company
New York
“Not as Good as Panera Bread”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2008

Atlanta Bread Company is essentially a grimey, low-quality, Burger King-ish version of the fresh, innovative Panera Bread. Atlanta offers a similar menu, but with less interesting options.

My panini with melted provolone and roasted vegetables was decent, but was only offered with a side of chips. I asked for another option, which turned out to be the slightly healthier bag of pretzels. Panera at least offers an apple, and Cosi a bag of mini carrots. I also had initially planned on ordering a soup, but was denied any low-fat options, while panera usually has several available each day. I do not mean to sound picky, but if I am going to run into a casual restaurant like this, I would prefer it to have leaner choices.

In sum, if you plan to grab a quick, healthier fast food meal, you can do better than Atlanta Bread Co.