“great service,location,atmosphere”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lyndhurst
StephMerrr
“great service,location,atmosphere”
Reviewed February 3, 2010

i went with a few of my girlfriends to the hotel because we were planning on a trip to NYC because we are from Florida, and honestly, these reviews that Im looking at are just from people who's expectations were way to high. The restaurant was one the best deli's I've ever been to the service was speedy and the help was so friendly and considerate. Especially the owner of the Hotel, Denise. She was nice kindest woman I have ever met. When we were all there never once did I hear a complaint from a guest the guests that i did get a chance to speak to said that they have stayed there once every year to go to NYC. If I ever when to NYC again I would definetly stay there. They could have cleaned the rooms better but this beds were comfortable and the room was so cozy! My friends and I never had a bad nights sleep there. this hotel was no ritz carlton but the price I paid was even more than worth it! THANK YOU DENISE !!!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed May 11, 2009

Stayed at this hotel for Mother's day weekend. The room was over priced $166 (including tax) and smelled stronlgly of mold. Dropped our luggage off in our car before going into the contiental breakfast they had for 15- 20 minutes. Came out to find our car window SMASHED and my daughter's bag stolen. NO video cameras in the parking lot. "Too expensive" sneered the snide and uncaring female manager on duty! While I certainly don't blame the hotel for the scumbags who broke into my car I blame the staff for being uncaring. Nobody said, "i'm so sorry this happened in our hotel parking lot" A little security would have been nice too! What a rotten Mother's Day! Pick another hotel!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Lyndhurst hotels

Dunkirk, MD
Reviewed August 8, 2008

This very basic hotel has plusses and minuses. My son and I used it to visit 3 colleges in the NYC area. We stayed in a room on the first floor. Given the same set of circumstances, I might stay there again. It's a relative bargain, but you get what you pay for.

The room was mostly clean, but smelled of cigarette smoke. All the electrical fixtures worked. The beds were somewhat lumpy. The air conditioner worked all right, but its fan was loud.

The bathroom had cracked tile and dings on the tub. The bathroom sink seemed to have a plumbing connection problem. I could never be sure if I was going to be scalded or not. Its drain also ran very slowly.

The pool area had some frayed artificial turf carpet.

The TV had an audio distortion problem on TV channel 3.

We could not get wireless internet to connect in our room. It did work well from the lobby.

We experienced no noise problems during our Monday to Friday stay.

Breakfast was basic continental, self-served with all plastic ware. By Wednesday, the bananas were looking very ripe. By Friday, they were banana bread quality. When you check in, you get sufficient paper tickets to give the attendant when you enter the breakfast area.

I did not eat at the hotel otherwise. My son had a pasta dish one night which I thought was a little expensive.

The restaurant claims that it has the world's largest pickle bar. I do not know why this is a useful boast.

The hotel is adjacent to a bus stop (300 feet from lobby) for NJ transit which is a very convenient way to get into NY City. The lobby has bus schedules which, if one takes the time, can be deciphered with only minor difficulty. Cost for 1 person 1 way to Manhatten is $3.40 (3 zones). Some buses are local, others go straight to NYC at 41st Street and 8th Avenue. I did not investigate whether there were any multiple trip deals.

• Liked — located near a bus line
  • Disliked — the material condition of the bathroom
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank edwardzumstein
Chicago
Reviewed July 25, 2008

Spend the extra money and stay somewhere nice. You get what you pay for.

The internet never worked. There was a gas smell in the room. We had to beg housekeeping to even come empty the garbage. The tub drain was broken and clogged and there were so many cracks in the tub floor it would bounce when you moved. Several electrical outlets were broken.

The place is very run down and unattractive. It's almost impossible to get the desk or housekeeping to answer the phone.

At 2:50 A.M. the fire alarm went off. We wandered around the parking lot for a half hour with no fire trucks in sight. I went into the lobby just in time to overhear the police asking the manager why he waited 30 minutes to call them.

I checked out the next day. I simply didn't feel safe there.,

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — unsafe
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
detroit
Reviewed March 23, 2008

I recently stayed at the Quality Inn with a group. The location was ok. There is bus right outside the property that drops you at the port authority at 41st and 8th. I would stay here again but the rooms and resturant are terrible. If I had not been with a group I would have left! The hotel description said recently remodeled that clearly means they bought new bedspreads and carpet, everything else in the room was old and dirty. There were holes in my bathroom wall that someone and stuffed with toliet paper! Also two of the three days I stayed I did not have hot water, actually the water was bearly warm! I would not recommend this hotel to anyone! Stay across the street at the courtyard! I wish I had taken pics of the hotel room it was that bad! I don't know how this hotel recieved any average ratings! I have traveled much and stayed in a wide varity of places this is the first time I have taken the time to write a bad review because I want others to be aware how bad this experience was!

Stayed March 2008
1 Thank runningthrucities
Montreal
Reviewed January 7, 2008

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights, 4 people. The hotel is very near the city (New York). There are 3 or 4 bus lines just by the corner, that goes directly to Port Authority bus terminal.

There is a restaurant (deli) in the hotel, it's very good. In the morning there is a continental buffet, it's good for the price (included).

The staff is polite, room service is good.

This hotel is perfect for people who don't want to spend all their money when they go to New York. It is clean, confortable.

• Liked — It is near New York and not to expensive
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with friends
Sweetwater, TN
Reviewed January 2, 2008

Wow! I'm surprised at how awful the reviews are for the Quality Inn in Lyndhurst. I've been coming to NYC and staying in this hotel twice a year (for a week at a time) for 7 years now. And I have zero complaints. I'm guessing that some of these people were wanting upscale, "Hilton" type service. If so, then yes, you will probably be dissapointed. This is a mid-priced budget family hotel (like all Quality Inn's are). It's not overly fancy, but it is certainly adequate. My rooms have always been clean and I've never had one problem with security (in either my room or the parking lot). Also, the staff have always been friendly and helpful.
Also, there is NJ Transit bus service to NYC directly in front of the hotel (It's NJ Transit Route #192 and is currently $3.40 to the Port Authority terminal in NYC).
So as far as I'm concerned, I highly recommend this hotel for the average middle class person who wants a budget hotel near NYC. And really that's all I want. After all, the only reason anyone would stay in this area anyway is to visit NYC. And if you are like me, you probably will be leaving early in the morning and not returning till late at night. So really a decent bed, and close proximity to the bus stop are all I ask for, and this location delivers that. I'm sure the Marriott Courtyard nearby is much nicer and more upscale if that is what you want, but who wants to spend time at the hotel anyway, when you are 3 miles from the greatest city on earth.
As I said, when I visit NYC, I typically am in the city from 10AM till about Midnight everyday, so all I ask for is a comfy bed, easy bus access to the city, and a safe location to leave my car and valuables. And this hotel has always more than satisfied those needs.

(My only downside would be that the price has continued to go up a bit over the past few years. It has gone from about $90 three or four years ago to around $120 now. But I guess with gas prices, inflation and so forth, that is the norm everywhere.)

• Liked — Safe location with easy bus access to NYC at a good price.
  • Disliked — Price has increased about $30 a night over the past 3 years.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank BrianH1016
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lyndhurst
Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands
Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#2 of 3 in Carlstadt

Been to Quality Inn Meadowlands? Share your experiences!