“Poor customer service”

Quality Inn Meadowlands
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lyndhurst
Reviewed December 20, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed here on 12-7-13. When we went to sleep at night we turned the heat on which never worked. We woke up at 2:00 am freezing. My wife went to shower the next morning the water was lukewarm .

When I told the front desk about it they stated I should have informed them. I said I couldn't due to it being 2:00 am and we had to be up by 5:00 am. It would not have been much sleep by the time we waited for another room.
I asked for money back but they said I had to speak to the owner . She never called me. I called her four other times until I got her. She would not call me back with at least a courtesy call.

When I finally spoke to her she gave me the same line as the front desk people did. She wasn't going to give my money back or do anything for me.

I said I have been a member of choice hotels for 14 years without a problem until now. It did not matter to her.
I filled an online survey provided by choice hotels detailing the issues listed here and the owners brother basically said the same thing as his sister did.

I lodged a complaint with the corporate headquarters of choice hotels who agreed something should have been done by the hotel . They did take care of me.

The best advice I can give is to take your business across the street to the Marriot . For a little extra money you won't go wrong.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gary S

Reviewed November 12, 2013

We were warmly greeted upon arrival. Date decor is being renovated but room 244 was alright. This is probably the lowest grade hotel I would stay at. Paid a little more than I should have but other options were much more expensive. Breakfast was passable.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank smrtcar
Reviewed October 13, 2013

This hotel is being fixed up, but has a long way to go. Old hotel that needs more than a makeover. Bathrooms are tiny and dated. Beds were ok, breakfast was horrible. Priced way to high for such low standards.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank scott g
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I concur with every negative comment on this site because its the truth. Rundown property, Dark hallways, door did not lock properly, smelly room......i did not feel safe with my child and checked out. My card was not charged, thankfully. However, Harold's Deli is fantastic, as good as a NY deli. I've eaten there before and don't associate it with the hotel at all. Not cheap but HUGE portions and great pickle bar. My suggestion, eat at Harold's but stay at the Marriott or Renaissance across the street.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank nnjpeach
Reviewed August 7, 2013

The worst of the worst hotel / Inn we ever experienced ! What its web-site says about the services etc are bunches of lies; here is the summary: 1) Locating our room was a real hell. The room layout map at the front was garbage as it didn't specify that those odd-numbered rooms were only accessible through the restaurant ! 2) Interior corridors and stairwell were super dark ! 3) Curtain was not big enough to completely shield the window. No privacy ! We were literally on display as other guests walked pass the interior corridors. 4) Room was disgusting: hair in bedding, hair on bath tub, hair on toilet seat, bathroom tissue was unwrapped & left-over from previous guest. 5) Taking a bath was torture ! The shower was either burning hot or icy cold ! 6) Loud & non-stop noise of water tank / pipes kept us awake ! 7) Cleaner ignored the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door while we were away ! Moved our strategically placed luggage, took away all soap, no new towel replaced. 8) Horrible restaurant service: 1 non-English speaking restaurant guy ordered us to surrender our breakfast coupons as soon as stepped in; another 2 non-English speaking restaurant guys stood next to the food bench guarding the salty-watery hash brown, scramble egg, greasy bacon & stale buns. We didn't expect anything great from this type of 2 -star inn, but our experience with this below-zero QUALITY place turned out absolutely awful !!!!!!

Room Tip: We don't expect anything good with this sub-zero QUALITY place.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Frank T
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My family and I tried to stay here last weekend and worst experience I have ever had a hotel. Rooms are extremely small and dirty and dusty. Nothing how the website describes. Room was on second floor and there is no elevator to take bags up especially when you have a family with 2 bags a piece that was very annoying. Got to room and bathroom was dirty, and electrical stuff was hanging out of the wall where hair dryer is suppose to be plugged in. Asked to speak with management regarding the room situation and they were not helpful and very rude. Spoke with the owner and now I know where the management gets it from. She should not be in a customer service based industry. One of the rudest women I have ever met in my life. Did not want to do anything to reconcile the situation with her hotel. She basically gave us the oh well i dont care line. My family and I walked across the street to the COurtyard and they were wonderful. Def spend the extra money and stay across the street. Breakfast at quality Inn is a joke. Warm yogurt, stale muffins and bagels and restuarant has holes all over in the ceiling and water spots. JUST RUN FROM THIS PLACE!!!! OWNER IS RUDE AND MOST OF HER STAFF IS AS WELL THEY DONT DESERVE YOUR BUSINESS NOR DO THEY TREAT THEIR CUSTOMERS WELL!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Jennifer K
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Decided to stay here in May for an event I was attending in NY. Booked 2 rooms, and arrived late (after 11pm.) The man who checked us in was very rude. He had a horrible attitude (& no name tag). I've had better attitudes from the drive-thru people at mcdonalds... he only keyed the key cards for one night (I had clearly booked 2 night stays for each room). He was not helpful and very unwelcoming. The service was just horrible. The housekeepers did a decent job in the rooms but the AC unit didn't work in one of them (so my other half of the party was moved). Breakfast also lacked a lot. If you can, just stay across the street. Staying at this hotel was a huge mistake.

Room Tip: Don't even stay here unless you're okay with grade F service.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank baberanza
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lyndhurst
Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands
Hilton Meadowlands
Hilton Meadowlands
#4 of 5 in East Rutherford
Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands
Extended Stay America - Meadowlands - Rutherford
Homewood Suites by Hilton East Rutherford-Meadowlands
Extended Stay America - Meadowlands - East Rutherford

Been to Quality Inn Meadowlands? Share your experiences!