Quality Inn Meadowlands
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lyndhurst
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I will start with the only good things we can say about the place, the restaurant/deli is awesome the food at dinner was great and the portions were huge and the overall quality of the food was very good. The pool was good though the turf around it really needs some major cleaning now onto all the bad. When I arrived we found out that the hotel is not truly handicap friendly when entering the entrances double doors the first door opens automatically but the second door does not. We arrived on June 29th at 2:35 for my 2pm check in I was told the room would not be ready for 15min I then began to question why since I had called in at 10am hoping to check in early and if my requirements were met in other room (needed a fridge) and I was informed the party staying the night before was staying over and before she could truly make full explanation a women from back room SCREAMED out quite rudely that yes all was the same and that the room would be ready soon. I then went out to get my husband from car, as we waited in lobby he asked that since our room was not ready could we have a little later check out the next day the same women from back came storming out and basically said that we had only been waiting 8 min (she did not seem to get it that first the customer is always right and two the room was to ready at for check in at 2pm weather we were there or not) after her tirade we basically sat and waited for our room after another while we were told our room was ready and given some very ambiguous directions go down this hall follow wall around keep pool to your right..... well after going right for two hallways and only seeing even numbers we then went left for two halls also only even numbers so we had to call front desk and they had to come FIND us and take us to room we finally got into the room about 3:15 after hobbling around (OH YEAH ME AND THE HUSBAND ARE BOTH HANDICAPPED AND WERE USING CANES)... BED was horrible it was very hard / AC would not go below 66 even though it was to 61 and it took until 2am to get to 66 (I get hot flashes so 66 was not cool enough at all) / BATHROOM just way too small, toilet ran all night had to hold down handle for very long time to get it to go down and the toilet seat was a joke all chipped and flaked and just plain nasty / Continental breakfast what a joke all the pastries and bagels croissants muffins tasted of the fridge and some were stale coffee was bitter. Our final annoyance came as we were leaving (oh yeah we were out of there by 8:30 did not even want to stay till 12) we noticed that there was actually a door not 20 feet from our room to which the front desk should have directed us especially after seeing us both with canes on final not signage needs improvement so does the directions because had we been told to follow even numbers around and then we would see odd numbers it would have helped and the when leaving we say signs with room numbers but they are way too high and we were not informed to look out for them… will be look for a new place…

Room Tip: Not for the handicapped
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Marilyn C

Reviewed May 31, 2012

We stayed in this hotel, because it was very good located for visiting new york. hotels in this price range in new york had no free parking and always a shared bath. I wanted to avoid that.

the bus stop is just as few feet from the hotel. it took us about 20 minutes to go there. One way was 4,25 Dollars.
parking in front of the hotel was free, so it was quite a good deal for us.
the last bus back was about 11 p.m.

the hotel itself was ok. not spectacular, but absolutely ok . staff was nice, our room clean.
I could sleep very well there.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank apiaWiesbaden
Reviewed April 17, 2012

The hotel reminds me of the movie, "Joy Ride". The hotel reminded me of the hotel in the movie. It was scary. But I eventually got used to it. The bed was somewhat hard. But it was ok. I only could stay one night. I couldn't stay longer than one day.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2011

Although the hotel is not very close to New York itself, the access to NY Port Authority by bus 190 and 192/199 is excellent. Takes only 30 minutes and you pay 4 dollars one way.
The hotel is basic, simple, things work, even the wireless.
Rooms are clean, staff are slightly distant, sometimes I felt like I was just seen as a bother to them.
Breakfast is minimal, hate plastic plates, cups and forks. Coffee is nothing more than brown water. But ok, you get what you pay for.
I turned down the volume on the annoying music myself, don't need a disco noise at breakfast.

Room Tip: All rooms on the outside are quiet, separated from then outdoor by a glazed corridor. There is a po...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Frans M
Reviewed November 2, 2011

Yes the Quality Inn and yes it is dated. Found the staff friendly and helpful. Room was dated as all the Q Inns I have been to but then that is what I expected so no complaints here. Had breakfast in the hotel Restrauant (called Harolds) and opted for the "I pay" vs "what the hotel provided with coupon". Found the food good and priced right!

Only issue was had to jiggle the TV cable to get a picture.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank RobGeorgia
Reviewed October 20, 2011

Traveling in North Jersey, you'd expect to pay a lot for a hotel. This one offers a surprisingly nice experience for the competitive price. The room is quiet and clean (even though it's an older design). The fan runs constantly, which helps lull you to sleep. The coffee maker works well. The shower is strong and hot. The front desk acts like they're happy to see you. What more could you want?

If you need fancy & modern, go somewhere else. If you like clean, quiet and very functional, this is your place.

Room Tip: Fronts on to Polito RD which is a little busy, but not too bad.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank PAMan804
Reviewed October 9, 2011

We like to stay at Choice Hotels due to their Choice Privileges. We went to a NY Giants game and this hotel is in a great location for MetLife Stadium. Unfortunately, that is the hotels best asset. Although the staff at the front desk were very polite and accommodating, they were having trouble with their software and check-in took quite a bit of time. No big deal and probably a one-time incident.

Our reservation was for a non-smoking king room. When we got to the room door, there was a no smoking sign by the door. Apparently, a previous guest didn't see that as the room wreaked of cigarette smoke. A call to the front desk resulted in maintenance man bringing an ionizer to the room in about five minutes. We appreciated his promptness, but after letting the noisy machine run for over 30 minutes, it didn't do much to rid the room of the stench.

The bed and pillows were fine, but the bathroom was gross and badly needs some renovation. The caulking around the shower was gobbed on, the anti-slip adhesive strips on the bathtub floor were peeling off and bordered by black, which I assume is dirt or mildew from a lack of routine proper cleaning. Going w/o a shower during our stay was a better option than getting in the shower.

The Continental breakfast was so-so. Downside - white bread only and white bread only bagels were already toasted, sitting cold in a pan next to the toaster. There was small containers of yogurt, hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit, cold cereal and hot oatmeal available.

Overall, I will look for other options for accommodations if we return for a Giants game next season.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ADKTraveler12
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lyndhurst
Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands
Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#2 of 3 in Carlstadt
Extended Stay America - Meadowlands - East Rutherford
Fairfield Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands
Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands

Been to Quality Inn Meadowlands? Share your experiences!