$95
Renaissance Meadowlands Hotel(Rutherford)(Great Value!)
$152
  • Pool
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $174/night.

$149
$90
$196
$179
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $210/night.

Fairfield Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands(East Rutherford)(Great Value!)
$111
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $129/night.

All reviewsmedieval timesport authorityfront desknew yorkbus stopparking garagenj transitmy family and i stayed herestandard courtyardbreakfast buffetlincoln tunnelclean hotelmarriott courtyardinto nyccomfortable bedsindoor poolmin drive
Reviewed February 20, 2011

Everything was fantastic...the only aspect that really deserves bad service is Internet and the engineer response.

I get better dial-up speeds back home in India than the so called 'High Speed Internet" at this property, I agree it was intermitent but painful enough to hinder with my work.

The engineer couldnt do anyting about the slow speed and looks like I am not the only one who has experiences this..a few other reviews in the past also talk about bad internet connectivity.

It is surprising Marriot hasnt fixed this in 6 months....my past experience with Marriot is very unlike this. The hotel during my last stay actually replaced the Kitchen utensils to non-stick based on feedback within a week.

Internet connectivity is a must for Business travelers...either improve the current service or provide a paid option with gauranteed speeds.

I am writing this review while I am still at the property....hoping someone will pick this up in the next 2 weeks and address it. I am in no mood to change the hotel simply because there isnt anything else better than Marriot which is closer to where I will be working.

Thanks
Anand Agarwal

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 27, 2011

I was traveling for business and my husband came along too. We wanted to stay at the Renaissance Meadowlands Marriott across from this hotel in Rutherford, but that hotel did not have availability because of the big NY Giants game that weekend. When I was in NJ last on business, I had such a great experience at the Renaissance Marriott and expected the Courtyard to be different, but I did not expect a totally opposite experience. First, we arrived at the Courtyard at the very early end of the check-in period and were given a room at the end of the hallway that looked out onto a very unattractive site. I went back down and asked if we can have a room that had a better view and they were very accommodating. So far, I was having an okay experience. Well, when we arrived to our room; I noticed that the room did not have a clean and fresh feeling. Anyway, we unpacked a little, had dinner in the restaurant downstairs. The customer service in the restaurant was poor. There appeared to be some sort of "drama" going on and the waiter was busier chatting about the drama than waiting on us. We had to wait and wait for our salads, beverages, etc. I had to call him over from his conversation he was having with another hotel employee. We left dinner feeling terribly disappointed. We went back to the room and off to sleep we went. I got up around 3am to visit the restroom. When I went to the sink to wash my hands, there was bowel movement filled up to the top of the sink. I did not just do that....where did it come from? GROSS, GROSS, GROSS!!!! For a minute, I thought I was having a horrible dream; I began to yell and woke up my husband. We called the front desk and the said that we can move into a new room. I realized that I could not sleep there again. I got on my laptop and believe it or not, there was an opening across at the Renaissance at a discounted rate I might add and we were out. The ONLY thing the manager on duty offered us for our trouble was FREE buffet breakfast...WHAT?

The word on the street is that the owners refuse to do the necessary upkeep and that my experience was not the first and the pipes really need to be repaired.

To the Courtyard Management Team, fix your facility! Our room rate should have been refunded, which in turn, would have been refunded to the company that paid for my hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank GetawayGirl001
Reviewed January 2, 2011

We are a family of 5 (kids aged 20, 19, & 16) and wanted to spend New Years Eve in Times Square. We drove from Burlington, Canada. We needed a place to sleep and eat breakfast in the morning. The parking is free, you do not need a car in New York City (I can't imagine who would want to drive there). It is very easy to get to the city; the bus picks up right outside the hotel. Buy a return ticket for $8.50 (adult) from the bus driver as the return buses will only take tickets not cash. Our hotel package included breakfast for 2 and we bought the buffet option for the other 3. The buffet breakfast is great, something for everyone can be found. We made ourselves a snack for later in the day. The first night we arrived at 8:00 pm and decided to skate at Rockefellar Ice Rink. We took our own skates and waited 1 hour to get on the ice. We skated from 10:30pm to midnight and on our way home, missed the last bus back to New Jersey. We went to the bus station next door, and found a bus that took us to New Jersey. We got back by 3:00 am. On New Years Eve there were MANY extra buses running and returning to New Jersey was no problem.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 22, 2010

The best thing I found with this hotel was about their location. It is really calm & quiet.
The room and other facilities was fine. In fact, my plan to stay in this location about 3 nights, but unfortulately I had to vacate the hotel after the 1st night due to making the booking for 1 night only. They did not allowe me to stay more as they were over booked.
I did not see the pleasant or smiling faces while welcoming the guest over there. It was written in the room "Complimentary breakfast & internet connection". The internet connection was not working in the room, then I had to use my own Boingo wifi connection. Also I had to pay for the breakfast as understood from the waiters at restaurant that my room rate was NOT including the breakfast althought it was mentioned in the room. it is better to make sure about it while check-in.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 24, 2010

We had to book this room last minute for a family event. We went to priceline negotiator and was given a good price. The front desk staff were great. Check in and check out took 2 minutes max. The room was clean and very comfortable. More spacious than I thought it would be. The bathroom was very clean, so housekeeping staff does an excellent job. We were only there one day so I did not have a chance to experience any of the amenities but the restaurant/bar seemed nice enough. We would stay here again and I recommend it to others.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple