All reviewsmedieval timesport authorityfront desknew yorkbus stopparking garagenj transitmy family and i stayed heremarriott courtyardstandard courtyardbreakfast buffetlincoln tunnelclean hotelvisiting nyccomfortable bedsindoor poolmin drive
Reviewed September 22, 2010

The best thing I found with this hotel was about their location. It is really calm & quiet.
The room and other facilities was fine. In fact, my plan to stay in this location about 3 nights, but unfortulately I had to vacate the hotel after the 1st night due to making the booking for 1 night only. They did not allowe me to stay more as they were over booked.
I did not see the pleasant or smiling faces while welcoming the guest over there. It was written in the room "Complimentary breakfast & internet connection". The internet connection was not working in the room, then I had to use my own Boingo wifi connection. Also I had to pay for the breakfast as understood from the waiters at restaurant that my room rate was NOT including the breakfast althought it was mentioned in the room. it is better to make sure about it while check-in.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 24, 2010

We had to book this room last minute for a family event. We went to priceline negotiator and was given a good price. The front desk staff were great. Check in and check out took 2 minutes max. The room was clean and very comfortable. More spacious than I thought it would be. The bathroom was very clean, so housekeeping staff does an excellent job. We were only there one day so I did not have a chance to experience any of the amenities but the restaurant/bar seemed nice enough. We would stay here again and I recommend it to others.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2010

Nice hotel.
New building, nice furniture and decorations.
Clean, quiet.
Fast check-in (we arrived late (1:30 AM)). Did not interact with the staff much.
Quiet neighborhood, good for walking.
Comfortable beds.
Not sure if buffet breakfast is worth $11 - just standard breakfast plus fruits. The "Subway" is in the next building. Free coffee/tee in the lobby.
Close to Manhattan (less than 20 minutes of driving). Free parking.
Good value, pleasant stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2010

I searched and searched for the right hotel to stay at for my Memorial Day weekend trip to NYC. I've stayed in the city multiple times, and though it is fun, it is always very expensive for a less than average room. Everyone told me to stay in New Jersey and just take the bus in. I wanted to find a place in a good neighborhood with a quick bus ride into the city, and this hotel is just that! The hotel itself is beautiful, and the bus stop is literally right outside the front entrance, so you don't have to be worried about walking at night. I was with my family and friends, but I would have felt completely safe walking alone. The bus costs $4, and takes about 15 minutes to get to Port Authority in NYC, which is a block away from Times Square and Broadway. I will definitely stay at this hotel again! Plus the breakfast is delicious!

Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
dheinlein, Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2010

Thanks so much for your review; hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 12, 2010

I booked this hotel with my fiance after getting a great deal with Priceline Negotiator for $75 a night. I checked the reviews and they were stellar but my experience at the hotel was less than what other people have experienced. The hotel room itself was great. Very nice and clean. Whoever said you can get a view of the city must have been joking...the hotel is much too far from the city for a view. My fiance and I booked this hotel to have a nice experience in and out of Manhattan. After a long day in the city we came to the hotel restaurant for dinner and drinks. Both him and I are well above the legal age to drink but the older hostess was very rude to us and asked us several times for our ID before she would even talk to us about the menu or specials...we were just fine with showing her our ID...no problem, we understand they have to card younger looking people. While I understand they were apparently "under staffed" as the waiter stated, we received the worst service out of anyone else in the room. First off the server told us the wrong prices for our drinks and when it came time to pay he just verbally told us what we owed...no paper bill...we were just supposed to take his word for it regarding the "slip up" on the price of drinks including the $1.00 NJ tax on alcohol he added they supposedly have. After waiting around for a refill on our drinks...which never came...we tried getting our bill from the hostess...again, a bad attitude. She said she couldn't help us, the bill was the waiter's job...but again we never even received the bill who knows how much the drinks even cost. Maybe this hotel is not used to having professional young adults stay here as everyone we came across was in their 50's but we still are paying customers and still demand to be treated with respect. Honestly, I would recommend staying closer to the city in Secaucus Meadowlands at the Holiday Inn or other hotels in the Meadowlands area that actually do offer city views, cheap food and drink, and better treatment from staff... that is if you are under 40. If you are an older customer you will get the best treatment a customer could possibly get. If you don't plan on using the restaurant or internet (which also doesn't work very well) then this is the place for you. Don't expect the hotel staff at the desk to be overly friendly either to out of state travelers. Over all, it was a steal on the price but I would never ever stay here again. Maybe in another 10 years or so when good treatment is apparently "deserved".

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
dheinlein, Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, your feedback is valuable to us and evidence that we have work to do. Please accept our sincere apologies for the level of service you received; it’s our goal to exceed expectations with every guest, every time, and we regret that wasn’t the case in your experience. Be assured that a refresher in customer service will be conducted, thanks once again for your comments.