Lowest prices for your stay
Courtyard
Free cancellation until 01/28/22
Expedia.com$129
Orbitz.com
Hotels.com$129
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 3, 2019 via mobile

We’ve stayed at this hotel a few times now while visiting NYC. I’m so glad to see that they have kept up-to-date throughout the years. The hotel is modern and contemporary. I love that the room smelled clean upon entering. The front desk staff was welcoming and friendly. We used the NJ transit bus right outside the hotel to get into NYC. It was cheap ($4.50 each way) and came frequently. It was more difficult finding the correct bus to ride back out of NYC so we just used Uber. It makes for an easy stay and so much more economical while traveling to NYC. I highly recommend!

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Y8611RTmichellep
Reviewed July 2, 2019 via mobile

Choose between the parking deck or the parking lot.
A lobby that is very welcoming and stylish.
If the food at the Bistro does not interest you. There are several places to eat within walking distance.
Room was clean and spacious.
A very nice hotel.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Bret E, General Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2019

Thank you for the great review!

This review is very informative and will hopefully assist future travelers who visit us.

Thank you again!

Bret Esbrandt

Reviewed June 25, 2019

I have been to this hotel a few times for business stay. It's a great place - convenient location from EWR, easy access to the highway system. There are also plenty of restaurants at Rutherford, which is just a couple miles away. It does get busy with tour buses parked outside in the evenings every time I stay there. They are also a popular place for the flight crew. One thing would be helpful for everyone at check-in - ask for the room on the front side of the hotel. The opposite side is next to a trucking co. and logistics company. Their trucks start operating 3-4 am. It bothers me a little as I am a light sleeper.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for your review and the information you provided.

This will definitely assist our future guests in having a comfortable stay.

Bret

Reviewed June 16, 2019

We're a repeat visitor to this property due to quality of the facility and ease of access for us to visit with friends and family. As usual, have great counter staff who always great you with smiles and pleasant demeanor. Accommodations were great - overlooked NYC this time! Hotel can be a bit busy, at times, with tour busses and their visitors. Yet, easy to get around and no inconveniences that one would have. Great stay and will use again when the occasion is needed!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank PatrickL660
Reviewed May 26, 2019

Fairly standard Courtyard hotel that met my expectations. It was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and efficient, and accommodating to my spouse and I arriving at different times.

While I'd agree with other folks that the air conditioner seemed a bit bursty on the temperature, it did keep the room cool on a warm day. Turning on the continuous fan resolved the changing temperature issue for me and is a nice white noise feature in general.

I didn't have trouble parking, and the minifridge in our room worked fine for what we needed. I didn't get a chance to test the wifi because I had remarkably good T-Mobile reception there. There were outlets on both sides of the nightstand, which is always nice.

The Bistro breakfast food wasn't the best or worst that I've had, but it's certainly better than most free breakfasts I've had at properties in this category, and can't be beat for the convenience. The Starbucks coffee is on par with a corporate-owned location. It's not complimentary (at least for Gold Elites), which isn't a surprise.

There's still a combination bathtub / shower in the room, which is nice for folks that like baths.

Things that would make this property perfect for me: A way to get fresh air, such as an operable window or door, and electric vehicle charging.

All in all, I'd happily stay here again if I was traveling through town.

Date of stay: May 2019