Lowest prices for your stay
Courtyard
Free cancellation until 01/28/22
Expedia.com$129
Priceline$129
Hotels.com$129
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 10, 2018

We stayed at this hotel on a bus trip to NYC. When we arrived on Friday night we were told that the city had a water main break and they weren't sure when the water would be back on. My tour guide was furious that they hadn't called us during transit and arranged a different hotel. I personally was glad that didn't happen because i had researched transportation to / from the city from the hotel. They had plenty of bottled water available and maintenance on call if you needed your toilet flushed. Since we arrived at 11:00pm I didn't really care about the water. My daughter and I used the bottled water to brush teeth and went straight to bed. There was water in the morning but it was tepid at best as the water heaters hadn't had time to kick in yet. I don't feel this is the hotels fault if the city had a break. We are adaptable we weren't about to let it get in the way of enjoying our trip.

By about 4:00 Saturday our trip coordinator called and the hotel still didn't have water. They were gracious enough to do the legwork to move our whole tour to a different hotel. My daughter and I had theatre tickets and had planned on staying in the city late. We took a bus from the port authority station downtown NYC to right in front of the hotel - not returning until midnight Saturday. The front desk staff was exceptionally accommodating to arrange transportation the following morning for us to meet the rest of the group. The water was on when we got back and was steaming hot in the morning.

In the morning the front desk informed they they had called a car for us and would be paying for it in order for us to meet up with our tour. They got us a town car to go the 45 minutes to the other hotel. It would have cost me at least $40 for a Lyft so i was grateful they covered the cost.

There was free coffee in the lobby beside the Starbucks and ample seating to have some breakfast. Rooms were freezing upon arrival but warmed up quickly enough.

What really bothered me was the religious message on my pillow when we got into the room. I found it terribly offensive and not appropriate from a large corporate hotel. It was inappropriate and not necessary.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Bret E, General Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2018

Thank you for your wonderful review during such a challenging time for our guests and team. I appreciate you taking the time to write this and will be certain to share this with our hardworking assocaites.

Reviewed December 3, 2018

I practically live in hotels in my job as a professional pilot and the Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands is one of the hotels we stay in quite frequently. The service here has always been good but every so often someone just goes above and beyond what you would expect.

This morning started late due to a late flight in last night and after waking up late the breakfast area was closed, breakfast service ending at 10:00am. I called down to the front desk and spoke with Mark, asking for the shuttle to take me to a local coffee shop for something to eat and coffee to drink.

Mark immediately set about trying to get me a ride to the coffee shop then "changed gears" and went so far as to get me something to eat from the hotel cafe and made me an espresso drink. The exact things I was going to travel to the coffee shop for, all right here in the hotel.

The commitment to customer service at this hotel is always evident. However, sometimes someone just takes the time out of their day to make your day better. And THAT is what takes a typical customer service experience from ordinary to extraordinary.

Kudos to the staff, management and Mark at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Bret E, General Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2018

Thank you very much for your great review! Mark came to us as a new hire with no experience and has proven to be a valued addition and asset to our team and guests, thank you for recognizing him.

We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed October 11, 2018 via mobile

We currently live on Durham, NC but formerly lived in NJ. We frequently go back to visit family and friends. We always stay at this property for its location, service, hospitality, and amenities. This is our choice hotel when visiting New York City, and North and Central New Jersey. It is conveniently located close to the New Jersey Turnpike and and Garden State Parkway and only about 15 to 20 minutes from Newark airport. There is also a bus stop right outside the hotel that has numerous buses to take you into Midtown Manhattan for a very reasonable price. We highly recommend this property for your next trip to this area.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family

It is always my pleasure to have you and your wonderful family stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to write this review!

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

The Marriott Courtyard was ideally located for our sightseeing trip to New York. A bus was literally a few steps away and took us straight to Times Square. The hotel was clean and the staff was excellent! Nice they provide a shuttle if there’s somewhere you want to go within a few miles.
Overall, we had a fantastic experience here. Highly recommend!!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Cathy W
Bret E, General Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2018

Thank you for the great feedback regarding your stay with us at the Courtyard by Marriott, Lyndhurst. It was our pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed August 31, 2018

I've stayed at several Courtyard properties in the past year. The Courtyard in Lyndhurst was probably the worst. The carpeting in the hallway seemed worn, the room furnishings were not in good shape, the air conditioning was very noisy. The lobby looked like it had been updated recently, but that's where the updating appeared to end. And I feel compelled to mention a laminated card that was left on the pillow that contained what I consider to be an inappropriate message for a hotel catering to the general public. The message read:

Welcome

Our prayer is that your stay here will be restful
and that your travels will be fruitful.

May the Lord bless and keep you, and make
His face shine upon you.

All Grace,
Moody National Management

Regardless of one's faith, I don't consider that to be an appropriate message to leave for hotel guests.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Bret E, General Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. All corridors and public spaces were renovated in 2015. We are an award winning hotel for cleanliness and continuously exceed Marriott Brand Standard Quality Assurance reviews. We are sorry we were not the correct choice for you.
The blessing cards have been met with wonderful feedback, I am sorry you did not approve of it, but can assure it is easily removed upon request, overlooked or simply turned over should any guest disapprove of it.

Thank you again for your feedback we wish you the best.