“great customer service, location”

Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lyndhurst
Reviewed August 13, 2008

Second time we have stayed here. The staff always goes out of it's way to greet you and be helpful. My son left his cell phone in the room and we called on our way back home and they went and found it in the nightstand drawer and shipped it to us FEDX!

Great location to get to NYC. Bus out front, 15 min to NYC. Very nice workout room with flat panel tv screens attached to treadmill, etc. Large pool, decent restaurant and separate snack room open 24/7 with fresh fruit bowls, sandwichs and salads to buy. Cookies or fresh fruit for guest at the front desk. well organized with directions printed out for everything local, bus schedules, etc.

Comfortable room with nice beds, flat panel tv, frig and we got a microwave upon request.

• Stayed: August 2008
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands

Reviewed July 2, 2008

On the spur of the moment, my three children, my niece and myself ended spending a great weekend from June 27-29, 2008.
We live in south Jersey and I wanted to take the kids to Six Flags Great Adventures and just spend a weekend away while my husband stayed behind because of his job.

I wanted to stay in Lyndhurst because I was planning on taking the kids to Medieval Times on Saturday. I knew about this hotel because when I visitied Medieval Times the first time I saw that it was right next door to the hotel. I used Priceline to book a hotel and was elated when my offer of $90 per night was accepted by the hotel. I was bouncing off the walls.

After a long day at Six Flags Great Adventures, I called the hotel to request a room with two beds. I explained to them that I had booked through Priceline but I needed two beds because there was 5 people checking in. I was transfered to reservations and a person named Logan told me that I was already booked in a room with two beds. I asked him if I could request a roll-away bed and he told me that it depended on each individual property but that I could ask when I checked in. I also asked for a refrigerator and he put that request in my reservation.

After driving for an hour from Jackson, New Jersey to Lyndhurst, all the kids were dragging their feet and I was about to drop when we got to the hotel. When we walked into the lobby, my oldest daughter's eyes popped open and commented how nice the hotel looked. We got there on Friday at 11:30 p.m. and the front desk was busy with people checking in.

I told the person checking us in that I had requested two beds and he said that the room had two beds. I got the key to room 433 with the kids trudging behind. When we got to the room I was very, very pleased with the beauty and the fresh scent of the room. But, there was a huge problem. We were checked into a king size room. I told the kids not to touch a thing and we trudged back down to front desk. I told front desk what my dilemma was, but they had absolutely no doubles available. The front desk manager tried his best but there was nothing available so I asked him if they had anything available for Saturday and he said they did. I told him we would stay the night in the room and then change rooms the following day. I asked for a roll-away but they were all out. I told him that it was okay. I was sooooo tired I just wanted to get a room and settle the kids in. I asked for an extra blanket, pillow and sheets and went back to room 433. The room was ultra clean and I was pleased that it had a refigerator and a flat screen T.V. The room also had an iron and board and a coffee maker.

My youngest daugher, my niece and I slept in the bed and my oldest daughter made her bed on the floor, and my son made his bed next to the air conditioner. I thought that spending an entire day at an amusement park would make my teenage kids tired but I was wrong. At the hotel, they just started acting so silly and laughing in the dark for silly things. There was no way I could shut my son up, but it was fun seeing them having fun. They didn't fall asleep until after 2:00 a.m.

I woke up Saturday morning with every muscle in my body aching, but I took a shower, dressed and went down to the lobby while the kids still asleep. I spoke to the young lady at front desk and explained what had happened the night before and how I needed two beds. She told me I could change rooms at around 10:30 a.m. To make a long story short, we were switched to room 619 with two beds. I asked for a roll-away bed but I couldn't get it because the room had two beds. Well, I might as well should've stayed int he king size room because I still had two kids sleeping on the floor. I slept with my yougest daughter, my son slept in the other bed, and my niece and oldest daughter slept on the floor.

My kids used the swimming pool which was great because the pool's enclosed with glass like a solarium. It has a sliding door that leads to a patio with wrought iron chairs and tables. The hotel has a very small gym with some treadmills, stationary bikes and some other machines. It was very hot in the gym and in the pool, but the kids had a blast. The pool's not that big and goes from 3 ft to 5 ft.

The hotel also offers a buffet breakfast for $10.95 or $7.99 to order from the menu. I figured that for 5 people that was a bit too steep so we kinda skipped breakfast and just ate the junk food I had bought the day before before driving to Six Flags. We walked next door to Medieval Times, ate, watched the show and then walked back to the hotel. My kids were stilled wired up and got back into their swimming suits and went back down to the pool. I was so exhausted I crashed but they splashed water to their heart's content.

We checked out on Sunday and I was very pleased that I was able to take the New Jersey Turnpike right on the corner. It was a lovely, lovely, loveley stay.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2008

I had a business trip planned and I suggested to my customer that they switch hotels as I had negotiated a better rate with the Courtyard. Granted it was a verbal agreement but I spoke not only to the front desk chap but also with their sales staff to verify our understanding. What bothers me the most is that the clerk lied to me; he was coaching me to accept non-refundable terms knowing well that he had no plans to honor our agreement. I have stayed in different Marriott’s for over 200 days and I never seen the tactics this hotel had. Upon speaking with management they made no attempt to remedy the problem or honor the agreement that I had made 2 days prior. This is not a detail report, but just the highlights. It was very embarrassing for me as I had involved co-workers and a customer. I was glad that I called to check on my coworkers reservation and catch on else it would have been a total disaster upon arrival. I was able to cancel the initial reservations and book the 30 days elsewhere.

I strongly recommend that you find another hotel there are plenty of them that cater to the business community.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank xardinita
Reviewed January 25, 2008

We had a terrible experience at this hotel, and will never stay there again. We arrived very late at night and desperately needed a good night sleep. We found ear plugs on the night stand and thought it was strange that a hotel provides them. When we tried to sleep, we knew why they were there and I had to use them. The air conditioner was so loud whenever it tried to pump heat. It woke me up everytime without fail. We were so tired and miserable by the morning due to lack of sleep. Even though the size of the room and overall condition were good, we will never never go back there again!

Stayed: January 2008
1  Thank JillDBaltimore
Reviewed January 1, 2008

This hotel was perfect for me and my girlfriend on New Year's. For only $142 per night on such a big NYC holiday was great. Enjoyed the city with minimal travel and much less expenses as opposed to staying in the city. If you are looking for a relatively cheap hotel with access to NYC, this is perfect for anyone.

It was exactly what we needed. I am very careful about places I stay; I need to be comfortable and feel safe and this hotel provided both. It is newly renovated and you can tell it is well kept when you walk in.

The staff was very friendly and helpful (only complaint was faulty bus information from NYC). The biggest convenience of the hotel was the bus stop (NJ transit) is right outside of the hotel on the corner of the street. Everyone who needed the bus from other hotels had to walk down to the stop, but it was right there. For $3.60 per person, the bus takes you right into Port Authority in Time Square where you can pick up the subways. (Bus ride was about 10-15 mins max).

The room we stayed in was very nice. The view was awful (looking out the back of the hotel at a moving company headquarters), but we did not book this hotel for any views of Lyndhurst, NJ. It's a nice town and all, but nothing special. We booked the standard King Size room. It was nice and cheap. Medium sized plasma TV's, good sized bathrooms, good water pressure in shower, comfortable pillows (need a better comforter though; we had to use the extra blanket in closet which was fine.) Each room had standard hotel info in rooms, but the book provided in this one was very useful. Complimentary newspaper in the morning (should switch this to breakfast, but oh well)

I did not use the pool or fitness room, but checked them out of curiosity. Pool is small but looked clean and well kept; not bad at all if you have kids. Fitness room was surprisingly nice, good size for a hotel fitness room.

The hotel had a small market open for what seemed like 24/7 that had anything you may have left at home, juice, soda, snacks, a microwave, etc. Very convenient.

I did not use the restaurant or lounge but people seemed to be enjoying themselves when we walked by in the morning. (I think it's $10.95/person; it should be complimentary).

The cleaning crew were very friendly and made you feel good about leaving your stuff in the rooms when you were gone (maybe this is their trick) just kidding. We did not come across one rude person at the hotel, and we are two people that get easily annoyed.

I know my biggest fear, not being much of a traveler, was safety in New Jersey and cleanliness. When you pull up to this hotel, you will immediately notice the newness and cleanliness of the hotel, and the cameras all around the outside made me feel safe (and we were on the second floor).

Also, it is conveniently near Route 17 which is filled with your standard shopping centers, grocery, and restaurants (Chili's, Friday's, Olive Garden, etc). Also very very close to Giants stadium if this is your reason for travel (5 mins away)

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Mike9902
Reviewed November 20, 2007

Hotel was neat and clean. Breakfast buffet was not fancy but very adequate. Very convenient to highway. Only one problem -- watch the events at very nearyby Giants Stadium.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank BigCJ65
Reviewed November 16, 2007

I booked my stay at the Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands on the Marriott website. I'm not sure I'll be booking through the website again. On my way into town, I called the hotel to let them know I'd be arriving late, and they claimed they had no record of my reservation! Excuse me, my card was charged, and you're telling me this?! Panic ensued.

Of course, it always pays to be polite, and after a very polite conversation with the desk clerk, I had a confirmed room waiting for me. I was very impressed with the time and care that the desk clerk gave in rectifying the situation.

Upon my arrival, check-in was mercifully quick, and I found myself in an incredibly comfortable room with a view of some apartments and the beautiful Manhattan skyline in the distance. The king-sized bed was wonderful, one of the best I've slept in at a hotel. The bathroom was spotlessly clean and offered the standard shampoo-shower cap-lotion.

The hotel had complimentary wireless access, but I found that the signal didn't pick up so well in my room. The signal was strong just outside the front entrance and in the restaurant, so my internet needs
were met.

Food options are somewhat limited at the Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands. There is a restaurant that serves up a tasty buffet breakfast, and there is a convenience store-like nook where guests can buy sundries, drinks, and light snacks, but if you want something different, there are no food establishments within walking distance of the hotel. This was a bit discouraging, since I was craving a caramel macchiato from Starbucks.

Check-out was a breeze, and when I followed up with my bank, the hotel
had not charged my card a second time as I'd feared might happen in the case of the mix-up.

Overall, my experience at the Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands was a good one, and I would stay there again. The staff is extremely professional and friendly, and I appreciate the large part they played
in making my stay so pleasant. The nice view helped a lot too.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled solo
4  Thank poetrypartners
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lyndhurst
Hampton Inn Carlstadt-At The Meadowlands
Homewood Suites by Hilton East Rutherford-Meadowlands
Hilton Meadowlands
Hilton Meadowlands
#4 of 5 in East Rutherford
Renaissance Meadowlands Hotel
Extended Stay America - Meadowlands - Rutherford
Fairfield Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands

Been to Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands? Share your experiences!