“A Clean, New Property in the NY Metro Area” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lyndhurst
Manlius, New York
“A Clean, New Property in the NY Metro Area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

I’ve done a lot of business in north NJ over the years and have stayed in many old, tired hotels. It is refreshing to find a new, fresh property with very nice rooms and service, although it is a very Spartan, basic business hotel. I stayed here twice in the last six months. On the most recent trip, I noticed that the plumbing in both my room and adjacent rooms is unusually loud, and that room walls appear to be a bit thin. This is a nice new property but I may try something else next time in the area to find something a bit more quiet.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Bret E, General Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at The Courtyard in Lyndhurst, NJ.

My team and I love to hear from guests who have stayed with us several times. The feedback assists us in our mission to continuously improve. I am sorry about plumbing disturbance you experienced, given the opportunity we would be happy to relocate you to another room that may be more to your liking. My team and I are here to assist and ensure your stay is worry free.

Thank you for the opportunity you extended us, we hope to see you again soon.

Bret Esbrandt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Korean first
Waterbury, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

This hotel is phenomenal! We stayed here November 24th, 2013. We went to the NY Giants, Dallas Cowboys game. We checked into the hotel and the front desk staff was very nice and courteous. We got there and found out they offered a shuttle to the game, and it worked out great. I feel kinda bad about not getting the name of the nice lady at the desk when we checked in but she was great! She should get a raise. Wonderful place to stay and the rooms were very very clean. If I ever travel to NJ we will for sure stay here. By the way GO COWBOYS!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TammyLittleOne1977
Thank you for the great review of the Courtyard by Marriott in Lyndhurst NJ.

I am very happy our team and hotel met your needs while visiting Giant stadium. Our location makes us ideal for football fans from all over to stay in a convenient, friendly location.
Being from New Jersey I can not share your Cowboy enthusiasm, especially after beating us, however, I thank you and other Cowboy fan's for staying with us, we truly appreciate you and the feedback.

Thank you again!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

We stayed here one night. Rooms were spacious and clean and bed very comfortable. Very quick check-in and friendly staff. Hotel provided shuttle to and from reception. Staff happy to give many of us a 2:00 pm check-out. Breakfast was extra but it was good. Only problem is that a taxi to EWR is $70 !! Next time we will try Uber! Enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the nice review of The Courtyard in Lyndhurst, NJ.

It is always our pleasure to be part of a special occasion like a wedding day. My team and I thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us and are very happy our facilities met your lodging needs.

Thank you for the opportunity, we hope to see you again soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

I travel often for work and this was a great place for ease to NJ business locations. It has restaurants close by and the service is very good. I enjoy Marriott locations and this is a solid hotel. I also enjoy the clean rooms and the location off the highway.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Bret E, General Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for the great feedback regarding your stay at the Courtyard in Lyndhurst, NJ.

My team and I thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It is always a pleasure to hear positive feedback and rewarding to know we met your lodging needs.

From the entire Courtyard team we thank you and hope to serve you again soon.

Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

We planned a group trip to New York City which was, mostly, all-inclusive...including hotel with breakfast. The hotel was very clean, comfortable, and spacious (king-sized bed). Shower was AMAZING! Hot buffet breakfast (usually extra) was delicious and staff were pleasant and inviting. Only a short bus trip to Port Authority Terminal & Times Square. Would definitely stay there again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for the great review of The Courtyard by Marriott in Lyndhurst NJ.

We are happy our location was convenient for your visit to NY and our services and facilities exceeded your expectations.

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest, we look forward to serving you again soon.

New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

We had several guests staying at this hotel for a local wedding. We knew beforehand that the free shuttle service provided by this hotel was limited and would not accommodate everyone. The cost quoted for additional services was ridiculous so we hired another vendor to supplement the transport to insure that no one was left stranded at the venue.

Check-in was fast but the first elevator on the left was not working properly. As previously noted, it kept sticking and bouncing between floors and refused to go higher than 3! When we finally landed ground level we all got off and used the service elevator instead. This is a Marriott hotel - I really do not understand why this elevator issue continues to be an issue!

We considered hosting a breakfast the next morning, but due to the reviews of this hotel on TA and our interactions with sales re: shuttle services, we opted not to. I'm glad we did not pursue this because the breakfast buffet wasn't worth the price.

When I returned home that day I realized that I left my cell phone in the bathroom. I called the Marriott and of course no one turned it in. It's not their fault that I was careless so I won't drop my rating for this but it does make me question their hiring standards.

On a more positive note... our room was clean and our bed was very comfortable. The lobby coffee was good. The bar area, while small, was reasonably priced and accommodating for our after-party group. And I'm sure that everyone appreciated the 12pm check-out.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Bret E, General Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for sharing your opinion of our hotel.

Every week we are privileged to host a variety of guests that are part of wedding groups. We come recommended by local reception venues with rave reviews and are honored to participate and assist in such a special occasion.

Our sales team communicates all of the service options available to ensure all requests are met up to the date of arrival. Shuttle service being a very important one, which we outsource and offer, as you mentioned, complimentary depending on the number of people attending. I am sorry the cost for the additional service requested did not meet your expectation.

I am not certain I understand your mention regarding the reviews of this hotel and how they would influence your breakfast expectations, the mass majority of our guests have posted more than favorable feedback regarding our hotel and services. Our breakfast is superior and inline or below in cost to hotels in the same category in this market. As mentioned we are honored weekly to host multiple wedding parties who use either our breakfast buffet or request a dedicated breakfast for their guests.

Upon my taking over the hotel 3 months ago, it was brought to my attention the elevators were in need of repair. I have since taken a hardline approach in ensuring the repairs, some of the parts needed were special order which took up to 30 days to receive. I am happy to say the elevators are not only repaired and operational but will also begin a total modernization very soon.

I am sorry you lost your cell phone. Our onboarding of associates includes extensive background checks and our corporate motto is hire the best of the best which we exemplify by the minimal turnover we experience.

I am happy you enjoyed your room. Again, my team and I respect your opinion and thank you for the opportunity you extended us.

Rockville, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

We recently made a trip to NYC to visit our daughter. We got a 50% off deal on this hotel, making our stay here an excellent rate. Getting to the hotel was a breeze...straight out the Lincoln Tunnel and then cruise down the highway for about 10 minutes. There is plenty of free parking. The front desk staff were friendly and competent. Our room was clean and a nice size, with a comfortable king bed. The view out our window showed the Empire State Building and the Freedom Tower off in the distance...lovely. We stopped down to the lounge for a drink and ordered some sliders to bring back to the room. The food was tasty and hot. There is an indoor pool which we didn't visit, and a breakfast buffet which we also didn't try, so we can't really speak to either of those. However, as other reviewers have said, this place is a good alternative to staying in the city itself, especially if you've traveled by car!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for the great review of the Courtyard in Lyndhurst.

My team and I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve your lodging needs. We are an affordable alternative to the high prices of NYC. With the local bus service to NY stopping right at the corner of the hotel not only are we affordable, but extremely convenient, which adds to our appeal.

Thank you for mentioning the service our team extended you, they are guest ready and want to ensure your stay is positive and memorable.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Bret Esbrandt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lyndhurst
Renaissance Meadowlands Hotel
Hilton Meadowlands
Hilton Meadowlands
#4 of 5 in East Rutherford
Homewood Suites by Hilton East Rutherford-Meadowlands
Extended Stay America - Meadowlands - Rutherford
Hampton Inn Carlstadt-At The Meadowlands
Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands

Been to Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands? Share your experiences!