Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands
$119
$95
QualityInn
Renaissance Meadowlands Hotel(Rutherford)(Great Value!)
$178
Homewood
$100
$90
$199
Fairfield Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands(East Rutherford)(Great Value!)
$125
$116
Hotels.com
$101
All reviewsmedieval timesport authorityfront desknew yorkbus stopparking garagenj transitlincoln tunnelmy family and i stayed hereclean hotelbreakfast buffetmarriott courtyardinto nycindoor poolmin drivemini fridgestarbucks coffee
Reviewed September 22, 2013

we were planning on staying at a different hotel around the corner but did not make a reservation and it was booked. we saw this one and they had a room. it was about $59 more a night but was well worth it. they have a bar which is nice. they also have a very nice breakfast service. you can get the whole buffet, the continental buffet, or order off the menu. it was not include in the room charge but the food was worth the money. all the staff were very friendly. the bed was comfy. there was plenty of hot water. it is located close to highways. would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank goldenlover2006
Bret E, General Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Thank you for the great feedback regarding your stay at Courtyard by Marriott in Lyndhurst.

My team and I are very happy our services and amenities met your lodging needs. It was our pleasure to serve you and hope to do so again in the near future.

From the entire Courtyard in Lyndhurst team, thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

My room is ridiculously small. The carpet in my room is stained. The phone, fridge, ac, lights, sink, have all been or still are broken. The curtains in my room are torn. The elevators are also broken. My truck got broken into during they're repairs and expensive equipment was stolen. They haven't offered to do anything about my complaints, I don't even recall getting an apology. It's ridiculously overpriced for the dive that it is. Customer service was helpful and said none of this should have happened until I was transferred to a supervisor who would ask what have I done about these complaints and would tell me what I should do. She was no help whatsoever telling me I have to call my insurance and talk to maintenance. Like I didn't already know that or haven't complained about the stuff that's broken.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Claire R
Bret E, General Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. While I appreciate your opinion, I would like to remind you of the discussion we had as well as you had with customer service.

You have not reported any of the multitude of issues you claim are deficient with your guest room, my maintenance, housekeeping team and Executive Housekeeper have inspected the room, therefore we are unable to fix problems that are not reported or do not exist. The 2 issues that were reported an A/C unit and a light bulb were both fixed the moment they were reported, these items are also reported on our internal guest recovery logs. Being an extended stay guest I can assure during the length of your stay light bulbs will burn out and can reassure you, we will replace them as they are reported or found.

We will not be offering you a discount during your stay as there is none warranted. The Courtyard is best suited for travelers with a length of stay 1 - 5 nights. Our Residence Inn Brand is better suited for your length of stay and needs.

With regards to your vehicle, upon you notifying me my first response was would you like for me to call the police for you, at which point you told me you would handle it. When I informed you I was calling the authorities you mentioned you were on other calls and did not have time to speak with them. To date and upon my speaking with Lyndhurst PD you have still not filed a report.

I would like to thank you again for the feedback, I am sorry you took to this outlet to voice your discontent, I can only assume you are not happy here, but again can assure you if there are any deficiencies in a guestroom we will work diligently to make them right.

I am at your call if you would like to relocate or need assistance with lodging recommendations that will better suit your extended stay needs.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

My boyfriend and I wanted to go to Medieval Times for our Anniversary this year and didn't want to commute back home when the show was over. I saw this hotel was about a 2 minute walk from the restaurant, so it was a perfect choice. It is also located just minutes from shops and restaurants in Rutherford.
When we arrived the people at the front desk were very fast and helpful with any questions we had. They offer free parking and there is a cute little bar and buffet area right when you enter. We were given a room on the 6th, top, floor with a nice view of the New York Skyline. The room and bathroom were lovely and very clean. I have no complaints about noise either, our night sleep was peaceful and quiet. This is definitely the best 1 night stay experience I have ever had and it was a great value for the price!

Room Tip: I would definitely ask for a room on the 6th floor because the noise level was very low.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Bret E, General Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Thank you for the great review of The Courtyard by Marriott, Lyndhurst NJ

My team and I would like to thank you for the opportunity to serve you. We are very pleased our services and accommodations met your needs. The 6th floor is very popular and sought after due to the fantastic view of the NYC Skyline, I am happy the guestroom added to the special time you spent here.

Thank you again we look forward to you visiting us again.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

On August 30 to September 02, we had a Wedding party group of 35 people from Toronto. We booked a private party room for breakfast and found the food was not fresh, bread is hard and dry, banana is kind of rotten. The worst part is the waiter in the conference party room, he is so rude and impolite. Reluctantly doing anything for us like getting an extra chair or utensil. I guess all because the tips is included in the bill and he simply don't care. The other problems are very standard for this hotel as the other reviewers already mentioned. Like only one elevator is working, wall sound insulation is bad, washroom water leakage etc....

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Bret E, General Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank you for your review.

I apologize for the service disconnect you experienced with your banquet. I can assure this does not exemplify the high quality of service that our guests have come to expect from us.

We are taking aggressive actions to ensure al mechanical issues such as the elevator are quickly rectified when reported. I can not confirm any leaks in the room, upon inspecting your guest room we found no leaking or plumbing deficiencies.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard in Lyndhurst over the weekend, and I had a great experience. There really was not a single thing to complain about. The lobby and room were both clean and well-maintained. The in-room WiFi, which was important to me, worked fine and was easy to connect to. The exercise room and pool are often places that hotels let fall behind in terms of maintenance, but these areas were also fine. I ate dinner right at the hotel. At first I felt a bit intimidated about dining there because there was only one other table of diners. However, I'm glad that I ate there anyway because everything was very good. (The restaurant really deserved more business. In my opinion, it was a better value than the nearby alternatives.) Breakfast the next morning was much more crowded but also good. Every staff member I encountered was friendly and helpful. As I said, there really wasn't anything wrong.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Bret E, General Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Thank you for the great review of The Courtyard by Marriott in Lyndhurst NJ.

From the entire team we thank you for giving us the opportunity to be your choice hotel when visiting the Lyndhurst area. I will pass the very nice feedback you gave about our service, relay your comments to the restaurant, the Chef and our entire F&B team.

Thank you again for choosing us, it was our pleasure to serve you.