All reviewsmedieval timesport authorityfront desknew yorkbus stopparking garagenj transitmy family and i stayed herestandard courtyardbreakfast buffetlincoln tunnelclean hotelmarriott courtyardinto nyccomfortable bedsindoor poolmin drive
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Lyndhurst in April 2013 and was quite impressed. The hotel was located in a small town in New Jersey with a convieniently located bus stop outside the hotel. The bus took only 20 mins to get to New York with the stop located next to Times Square.

The rooms were spacious and comfortable to live in and had a good vibe to living there. The hotel was both safe and peaceful. The view out of the window however was not a New York skyline, but a multistory car park. Not really a view you would want to wake up to in the morning.

The breakfast that we had was very disapointing. All there was, was a few pastries, bagels, cereal. And for the hot breakfast there was only undercooked scrabbled egg, sausages, bacon (on two of five days) and some little potatoes! I was really let down by the selection and expected a bit more from them!

The staff were very curtious most of the time apart from one day where we came back to our room still a mess and not been cleaned.

If you are looking for a quiet getaway from new york with an easy ride to the city, then this is a good hotel to pick. Just make sure you have enough money to buy some extra breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Jordon C,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at Courtyard Lundhurst. It’s great to know you enjoyed your stay, our comfortable rooms and the easy bus ride to the city. I apologize for your disappointment with the breakfast and appreciate your feedback to help improve our guest experience. We’re glad you chose to stay with us while visiting New York and we hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here around 10 times for work and never had a bad experience. The rooms are good and very clean and the staff is very helpful. Since I never have a car I normally relax at the bar and Tom is the best bartender anyone could ask for.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Colbype
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Colbype,
Thank you for taking a moment to write a review. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us at Courtyard for business. It's great to know that you’ve enjoyed our clean and comfortable rooms as well as our helpful staff. I'll make sure Tom receives a special commendation for his excellence in service. Please plan to visit us again the next time you travel here for business or pleasure. Thanks again.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We took a package that included breakfast - this is no skimpy continental breakfast - definitely worth the extra we paid. Room was quite spacious given that we were 5 people and was comfortable enough for the amount of time we actually stayed in the room. The pool was an added advantage that allowed for the kids to wind down after a long day in the city. My only complaint is that there was a weird smell emanating from outside the hotel (sewer maybe) and it managed to infiltrate our room (we were at ground level). It was a little nauseating but no worse than walking through Port Authority at 11pm on Friday. All the staff were incredibly friendly and accomodating especially Nicole who should be recognized for her little personal touches. They don't go unnoticed.

Room Tip: Perhaps the rooms higher up on the east side would have less "smell".
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TPats00
ConcordHotels, General Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

TPats00,
It’s great to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us at Courtyard Lundhurst. We're delighted to have had you and your family stay with us, and we're happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit. I'm pleased to know that the kids had a good time winding down at the pool after a long day in the city. We have a great staff here and I appreciate your wonderful comments about their excellence in service. I will make sure Nicole receives a special commendation for her outstanding service and added personal touches. I apologize for the unpleasant smell you experienced during your stay and greatly appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope you'll have another opportunity to visit us again for more family fun. Thank again for writing.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

This hotel was at a convenient location , very close to NYC, and it had free parking. The rooms were clean, and the staff was very helpful and friendly. The food was decent and the bar area was nice. Tom at the bar went out of his way to take care of his customers, which is why I decided to write a review. I think it's important to recognize good service.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Nicole T,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us at Courtyard. I'm delighted to hear of your pleasant stay with us and your appreciation for our wonderful staff. I’ll definitely make sure Tom receives a special commendation for his outstanding service. We value you as our guest and hope you’ll have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Great property, with free parking, and convenient to the bus to NYC.

Staff was very friendly, and very accommodating. They suggested a wonderful diner, and even recommended the French Toast there. Staff was also helpful with answering our other questions, and accommodating our special requests.

Room was spacious and comfortable. The double rooms have a sleeper sofa, so they are great for larger groups. Room also had a fridge and a great shower. Only major complaint, which I didn't end up mentioning upon checkout was the very loud HVAC unit in our room. If I was a light sleeper, it would not have been good. Hopefully the other rooms are better, and ours was just a bad unit.

Overall, aside from the loud heater, it was a great stay, and the staff was wonderful!

Also, Kudos to the staff for their great job dealing with all of the high school students there this past weekend!

Stayed: March 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

sxl95,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands. We appreciate you staying with us, and we're glad you had a nice, pleasant visit. I apologize for the loud HVAC unit, and I'll make sure to review this with our maintenance team. I appreciate you mentioning our tremendous staff and their hard work and dedication to guest services. If you plan to return to NYC, please visit us again. We enjoyed your company and hope to see you soon.