“Loved it in Lyndhurst”

Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lyndhurst
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My wife and I had a great stay this past Valentine's Day weekend. Checking in, with Canesa, was smooth, the room was spotless, and we enjoyed a very good dinner at the hotel. We slept well, and woke up to a view of the Empire State Building which was straight ahead with MetLife Stadium a little to our left. The exercise room was sufficiently equipped which was adjacent to the swimming pool. Our drive to NYC was a mere hop skip by car, while a bus to Port Authority was avalilable at the door step. We enjoyed the continental breakfast with fresh, tasty fruit. Even Honey Nut Cheerios tasted better here, as did the crumb coffee cake. The dining room staff of Maria, Ingrid and Judy were all helpful, friendly and welcoming. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and the outstanding staff played a big part in it.

Room Tip: We were fortunate to park close to the building on our first two nights. One night we parked in the...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank VermontCapecodder
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

VermontCapecodder,
It is a delight to hear from you. We appreciate you staying with us at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands. I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and especially our wonderful staff. I will make sure to give Canesa, Maria, Ingrid, and Judy a special commendation for their outstanding service. I hope you enjoyed your Valentine weekend, and I hope you'll visit us again next year for another exceptional visit.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Tom the bartender always remembers me and what i order. the check in is great - they try to give me the same room everytime. as business travel hotels go it is a great value. you might want to soak your company for every dime, but if you treat the money like it was your own, this is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: I like 524
1  Thank Karen J

Karen J,
Thank you for your review. We're pleased to have you stay with us at Courtyard. I'm glad you like our hotel, and I'm especially pleased to know that Tom provides special attention to you during your visits. We appreciate you and hope to see more of you this year.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Very nice rooms. Everything was very clean including the bathrooms. Arrived Very late with no reservation and the staff was friendly got us into a room with no fuss. Did not get a chance to try the restaurant.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Mike F,
We appreciate hearing from you and learning of your pleasant stay with us at Courtyard. I'm glad you liked our clean, comfortable rooms and warm, friendly staff. Please plan to visit us again. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We are staying at the Courtyard everytime we go to NYC as the location is great (we use the bus next to the hotel that goes to Port Authority in 20 mins). The Courtyard consistently delivers great service and excellent value. The last stay in early January was again great, we had breakfast included with our rate and it seemed improved over the previous stays. A special mention on the breakfast omelettes, great taste and perfectly cooked, and I'm picky about that! Good coffee, and great buffet overall, varied pastries, cold cuts and cheese, yogurt, fruits, waffles, cereals etc. The room was perfect for us, we really appreciate the queen beds. All the hotel personnel were great too, Nicole at the front desk, Ingrid in the breakfast room, and everyone else, thanks for everything! We will be back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Montreal_traveller09,
Thank you for your wonderful review. We're thankful for your patronage, and we're glad you enjoy staying with us when visiting NYC. I'm pleased to hear that you like our improved breakfast selections and that you continually enjoy our tremendous staff. Please keep visiting us as we enjoy your company and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

The entire staff at the Hotel is excellent. tom, Bartender always has a smile and inquires how the day went. Extremely friendly and a great Ambassador for the Hotel.
Nicole, Helsey,Cadea, and Darlene are super at the front desk and very personable and attenetive to the needs of the guests. Ingrid in the Dining Room always has a smile and friendly greeting no matter how busy she is!!

Room Tip: Facing the New Yourk City Skyline!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Bill B,
It's great to hear from you. We appreciate your kind review, and we're glad you always stay with us at Courtyard. I appreciate you highlighting some of our special Associates who work hard to provide great service. I'll make sure to give them a special commendation for their outstanding work. We enjoyed your company and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

There are 2 Marriott properties across the street from each other in Lyndhurst. While the price difference may guide you to choose one over the other, the thing that brings me to the Courtyard Lyndhurst is the staff.

I've been staying in Lyndhurst for an extended business project for the past 6 months. Within the first few weeks, the front desk staff learned my name, room preferences, and my daily schedule. Now, every time I pass the front desk, I get a warm welcome - by name - and they are always eager to help me in whatever way possible.

There are plenty of great restaurants in Lyndhurst, especially pizzerias. But my day would not be complete without seeing Tom, the bartender at the restaurant in the hotel. He is incredibly friendly, hospitable, and is constantly all smiles. No matter how busy the bar area gets, Tom always makes sure I'm taken care of. Knowing that I'll get guaranteed excellent service keeps me dining with Tom at least twice a week.

The rooms are exactly what you'd expect from the Courtyard Marriott brand. They're clean, decently spacious, and have nice televisions sets. But it's the people at this hotel that set it apart from the others. They make extensive travel easier, enjoyable, and relaxing.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms have a view of the NYC skyline on clear days.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Michael M,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at Courtyard. We're glad to have you as our guest, and we appreciate your kind compliments about our hotel and staff. I'm glad to hear that Tom provides a little added companionship to your visit, and I'm very pleased to know that you feel well taken care of by our staff. We enjoy your company, and we hope to continue to provide great service and friendly smiles.

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant has a new menu which is very good. Try the filet mignon and the homemade potatoe chips at the bar are amazing. The rooms are clean and the staff is very nice. Great for a quick business trip.

I will be staying here again.

• Stayed: January 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

flightattendant77,
Thank you for writing a review and letting us know of your pleasant stay with us at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands. It's great to know that you enjoyed our clean, comfortable rooms and friendly staff. I'm glad you enjoyed a delicious dinner as well! Please plan to visit us again the next time you're in Lyndhurst. We look forward to it.
Michelle Giovanni

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lyndhurst
Homewood Suites by Hilton East Rutherford-Meadowlands
Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands
Fairfield Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands
2 mi away
Hampton Inn Carlstadt-At The Meadowlands

Been to Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands? Share your experiences!