“Super convenient location close to Manhattan”

Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lyndhurst
Cleveland, Ohio
“Super convenient location close to Manhattan”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Can't beat this location if you plan to visit Manhattan. The bus stop is right at the corner and you are in the city in less than 15 minutes for under $5.
The rooms are spacious, clean and modern. The staff is all very efficient and friendly. The food is great as well. Only tried breakfast - not dinner - but the two breakfasts we had there were excellent. Free coffee and tea right by the elevators was a nice touch as well.
I'd definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: You're a safe distance from the highway so all rooms should be quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelWriterDB
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
TravelWriterDB,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your stay with us at Courtyard. We're pleased to have had you as our guest, and we're delighted to hear that enjoyed your visit. I'm glad you liked our friendly staff, spacious rooms, and delicious breakfast. We hope your travels will bring you back to us and we'll see you again soon.
Michelle Giovanni, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Korean first
Dover, Delaware
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We stayed at this property using Marriott Rewards points and were issued a double queen w/ sofabed room that was clean and spacious for our family of four. Our early check-in was accommodated allowing us to head for the adjacent bus stop for a day in the city for-- you can purchase a round-trip ticket for $8.50 or $4.25 one way). (Hint-- several buses seem to go into NY from the stop, but not all of them return back. We were able to return on the 191 and 199). Service was friendly and efficient.

Complimentary in-room wifi and parking are offered at this hotel. Breakfast is additional (as it is as at all Courtyards unless you have purchased a special package room rate that includes this).

This is a great option for families who want to explore NYC, but do not wish to pay NYC prices for a tiny hotel with an additional charge for parking.

My only caveat is to request an even-numbered room-- odd-numbered room occupants (especially on lower floors) may find themselves awakened by the sound of (garbage?) trucks at early hours of the morning (3:00 a.m.?!) The loud interruption to a peaceful sleep in a comfy bed that disrupted the rest of the night's sleep is my reason for deducting a star since I see that other reviewers have also noticed this phenomena and it doesn't seem to be an isolated occurrence.

Highly recommended for a clean, spacious room with easy access to the city!

Room Tip: Odd-numbered rooms may be affected by noisy (garbage?) trucks in the middle of the night!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank hfitzger
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
hfitzger,
Thank you for writing a review and letting us know of your pleasant stay at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands. We're pleased you enjoyed our hotel and found it clean and comfortable. I hope you had a nice time in NYC, and I hope you'll plan to visit us again soon.
Cloughwood
Reviewed November 21, 2012

One of the better Courtyards - possibly because it used to be a Novotel. Comfortable and tidy rooms and helpful but unfussy staff. There is a small gym and pool (the sort with a 'No Diving' sign that makes you wonder how stupid people must be). Far better than norm bar and eatery - breakfasts are very good for this class of hotel and the staff enjoy a friendly chat. If you fancy a change but don't want to drive (and don't mind crosswalks with no sidewalk at the other side) then there is a sports bar/diner at the Quality Inn across the road or a decent steakhouse at the nearby Rennaisance. There is a medieval banquent place next door - but I've never felt the urge to go. Too much 'forsoothing' in a NJ accent for my taste, I suspect. You probably only come here because you have business in the area, but it is definitely one to return to if you are a regular visitor to the area.

Room Tip: The in room heating and cooling canbe disruptive in the wee small hours so if the weather allows it...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Paul L,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your experience with us at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands. We're glad you chose to stay with us! Please visit us again. We look forward to your next visit.
Toronto,ON, Canada
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We absolutely thought this was a steal. A very reasonable price and only a quick 15 min bus ride to Time Square that you got on and were let off less than a 2 minute walk from the hotel. $ 4.25 each way so just buy a round trip when you first get on to come home with no hassles. staff was always friendly from check in to check out . Rooms were big and clean and bed was comfy . Flat screen tvs and free wi fi if you are facing the quality inn across the street . No complaints . They had delicious cookies and refreshing water with watermelon in it waiting when you came back after a long day . Coffee always available in the lobby . Last but not least it was right off the highway .so if you wanna go to New York and not break the bank but still enjoy cleanliness and comfort and don't mind taking a quick buried into the city.....this is the ideal choice hands down

Room Tip: Ask to be on a higher floor facing the new York skyline. It's not magnificent or anything but i...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
GregKara,
We appreciate hearing from you and receiving a wonderful review. I'm glad you liked our property and staff. I hope you had a wonderful time in NYC and plan to return. Please plan to stay with us if you do, and come back for more delicious cookies!
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I have been a Marriott Rewards member for some time and this is the worst experience i have ever had at a Marriott Property. Upon arrival there was a confusion with my reservation. Fortunately I had the reservation saved in my email on my phone and I emailed the reservation to them. They could not bring the file up on their email system. They ten asked me to go to the in house computers and print it for them. I did but a maintenance man was working on the computers and it could not be printed. As i went back to try again a manager assisted with the reservation and was able to accommodate my stay. You wold think that was the end of the story. Well not so. My check in was well after check-in time and when i did get my luggage to the room I found the room was not yet ready. The bed was unmade and the towels still on the floor. I had to call the front desk to arrange for a different room. This was accomplished. Again not finished. My stay was for 3 days. The 2nd day I left at around 9:00 AM and returned at approximately 3:00 PM to find yet again my room unmade exactly as I left it. Another call to the front desk to clean it up. A little later I was getting ready to go out and got out the ironing board and iron to press my shirt for the evening. After getting ready I found the iron to be covered with something that must have burned at one time and was still on the iron. Again another call to the front desk. The one thing I will say was of excellent quality was the cleanliness of the room. No issues there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
phillupi,
Thank you for your review. We're pleased you chose to stay with us at Courtyard. I'm glad you found our rooms clean and comfortable. I apologize for your discontent during your stay. I will take special note of the housekeeping issue and make sure your comments are discussed in our next staff meeting. I am glad to hear that our staff was accomodating to your needs and hope they added to your overall experience. Please allow us to show you our high quality service and come stay with us again for a more positive experience.
Bellaire, Texas
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The room was very nice and spacious, but I was surprised there was a charge for wifi and breakfast. Most hotels of this kind don't charge for this.

The air conditioning worked well and there is a nice pool area (but no hot tub).

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Cindy S,
Thank you for your review. We value your business and appreciate you staying with us at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands. I'm pleased you liked our rooms and found them to be nice and spacious. We welcome you to come and stay with us again soon.
Toronto.
Reviewed September 19, 2012

The area is not the greatest..but the Hotel was far beyond expectation.
Rooms very spacious..very comfortable beds..extremely clean..Customer Service is really Customer first...our ac wasnt working properly, my husband called front desk and in less than 15 min we had somebody from maintenance trying to fix it...they offer to change us to another bigger room because of the inconvinience, but they fixed it and we stay there.
Public transit to Port Authority in 20 min.Make sure you have exact change ready..some bus driver are very rude.We really love the hotel and we highly recomended,and if you dont want to spend thousands in Manhattan this is the place.

Room Tip: There is rooms with NYC skyline.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
sunnyandcold,

We're so pleased to hear from you and receive a wonderful review about your stay with us at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands. I'm glad we exceeded your expectations and added to your exciting trip to NYC. I apologize for the a/c mishap. We have a great maintenance staff so I'm encouraged to hear of their speedy assistance. Please come and stay with us again the next time you visit The Big Apple.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lyndhurst
Hampton Inn Carlstadt-At The Meadowlands
Hilton Meadowlands
Hilton Meadowlands
#4 of 5 in East Rutherford
Homewood Suites by Hilton East Rutherford-Meadowlands
Extended Stay America - Meadowlands - Rutherford
Renaissance Meadowlands Hotel
Residence Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands

Been to Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands? Share your experiences!