“Great location great price great service”

Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lyndhurst
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We absolutely thought this was a steal. A very reasonable price and only a quick 15 min bus ride to Time Square that you got on and were let off less than a 2 minute walk from the hotel. $ 4.25 each way so just buy a round trip when you first get on to come home with no hassles. staff was always friendly from check in to check out . Rooms were big and clean and bed was comfy . Flat screen tvs and free wi fi if you are facing the quality inn across the street . No complaints . They had delicious cookies and refreshing water with watermelon in it waiting when you came back after a long day . Coffee always available in the lobby . Last but not least it was right off the highway .so if you wanna go to New York and not break the bank but still enjoy cleanliness and comfort and don't mind taking a quick buried into the city.....this is the ideal choice hands down

Room Tip: Ask to be on a higher floor facing the new York skyline. It's not magnificent or anything but i...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

GregKara,
We appreciate hearing from you and receiving a wonderful review. I'm glad you liked our property and staff. I hope you had a wonderful time in NYC and plan to return. Please plan to stay with us if you do, and come back for more delicious cookies!

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I have been a Marriott Rewards member for some time and this is the worst experience i have ever had at a Marriott Property. Upon arrival there was a confusion with my reservation. Fortunately I had the reservation saved in my email on my phone and I emailed the reservation to them. They could not bring the file up on their email system. They ten asked me to go to the in house computers and print it for them. I did but a maintenance man was working on the computers and it could not be printed. As i went back to try again a manager assisted with the reservation and was able to accommodate my stay. You wold think that was the end of the story. Well not so. My check in was well after check-in time and when i did get my luggage to the room I found the room was not yet ready. The bed was unmade and the towels still on the floor. I had to call the front desk to arrange for a different room. This was accomplished. Again not finished. My stay was for 3 days. The 2nd day I left at around 9:00 AM and returned at approximately 3:00 PM to find yet again my room unmade exactly as I left it. Another call to the front desk to clean it up. A little later I was getting ready to go out and got out the ironing board and iron to press my shirt for the evening. After getting ready I found the iron to be covered with something that must have burned at one time and was still on the iron. Again another call to the front desk. The one thing I will say was of excellent quality was the cleanliness of the room. No issues there.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

phillupi,
Thank you for your review. We're pleased you chose to stay with us at Courtyard. I'm glad you found our rooms clean and comfortable. I apologize for your discontent during your stay. I will take special note of the housekeeping issue and make sure your comments are discussed in our next staff meeting. I am glad to hear that our staff was accomodating to your needs and hope they added to your overall experience. Please allow us to show you our high quality service and come stay with us again for a more positive experience.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

The room was very nice and spacious, but I was surprised there was a charge for wifi and breakfast. Most hotels of this kind don't charge for this.

The air conditioning worked well and there is a nice pool area (but no hot tub).

Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Cindy S,
Thank you for your review. We value your business and appreciate you staying with us at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands. I'm pleased you liked our rooms and found them to be nice and spacious. We welcome you to come and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

The area is not the greatest..but the Hotel was far beyond expectation.
Rooms very spacious..very comfortable beds..extremely clean..Customer Service is really Customer first...our ac wasnt working properly, my husband called front desk and in less than 15 min we had somebody from maintenance trying to fix it...they offer to change us to another bigger room because of the inconvinience, but they fixed it and we stay there.
Public transit to Port Authority in 20 min.Make sure you have exact change ready..some bus driver are very rude.We really love the hotel and we highly recomended,and if you dont want to spend thousands in Manhattan this is the place.

Room Tip: There is rooms with NYC skyline.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

sunnyandcold,

We're so pleased to hear from you and receive a wonderful review about your stay with us at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands. I'm glad we exceeded your expectations and added to your exciting trip to NYC. I apologize for the a/c mishap. We have a great maintenance staff so I'm encouraged to hear of their speedy assistance. Please come and stay with us again the next time you visit The Big Apple.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

My family of 5 was truly blessed to have stayed here. Everyone took excellent care of us. Customer service is superior! In particular, Nicole, and Cadea were so kind and caring. The beds were comfortable. (my husband, however, didn't sleep well on the sleeper sofa.) But, the room was spacious enough. At breakfast, the omelet's were made just right. For the price, we couldn't have stayed at a better place. Also, it only took us 20 minutes to get to NYC and 20 minutes back. Just be careful not to miss the last bus back to the hotel. (You have to pull the string to make sure the driver stops at the right corner.) Also, make sure you arrive early enough at the bus station to find the right place of departure. The icing on the cake was our stops at Lyndhurst Bakery (homemade frozen treats and baked goods), and at Mazur's Bakery (more upscale, homemade baked goods.) They are located on the same street , just around the corner from the hotel. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We liked being able to see our vehicle from our room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Grace R,

Thank you for your delightful review about your stay with us at Courtyard. We’re glad you and your family chose to stay with us and had a pleasant visit. I’m glad you liked our comfortable beds, delicious breakfast, and very convenient location to NYC. It’s great to hear you supported our local bakeries and hopefully got the chance to taste many of their wonderful treats. We hope your future travels will bring you back to stay with us again soon.

Regards,

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Was very pleasantly surprised by this place. Hotel was clean, and there is a bus that will get you a block from Times Square in 20-30 minutes adjacent to the parking lot.
Service was more friendly than any hotel I've ever stayed in. Example: one morning my wife and I were late to catch the bus and I (who was taking care of something else) asked her if she could grab me a cup of coffee from the free coffee dispenser with 3 creams and 1 Splenda. My wife responded that her hands were full too, so I'd have to do without coffee that morning. The hostess at the front desk overheard my request to my wife and immediately brought me a coffee with 3 creams and 1 Splenda. This was consistent with the friendly service we received while there.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Arnaldo C,

Thank you for your review and kind words about our facility and staff. We’re glad to have provided a comfortable, pleasant stay for you and your wife while visiting NYC. I’m pleased you were able to experience firsthand our extraordinary staff who genuinely enjoy their jobs and helping others. We invite you to stay with us again, now that we know how you like your coffee, the next time you visit New York.

Best regards,

Reviewed August 11, 2012

My wife and I and our three year old daughter stayed here for the Hambletonian. The room was clean and as expected. The breakfast was good but the staff was overwhelmed with the crowd. We had to sit in the bar part which was fine but they just needed more waiters. The "made to order eggs" were very confusing. We never saw who was making them, my wife said there were slips to fill out but I never saw them or was told about it. Oh well, the buffet was adequate and my daughter was free. My only real complaint was that they housekeeping did not tend to our room during the day. We told the desk and it was taken care of while we swam. I noticed maybe they were understaffed a little bit everywhere. The cookies and coffee disappeared after day shift. I wish they had free shuttle to the Meadowlands since they are a partner hotel. All this aside, I would go back I am just nitpicking a little. P.S. Lyndhurst pizza is bomb (check my review).

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Joby1only
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Joby1only,

Thank you for taking a moment and writing about our hotel on TripAdvisor. We’re pleased you chose to stay with us during the Hambletonian. Congratulations to Market Share! I’m glad to know that your overall experience with us was a good one and truly apologize for the little mishaps during your stay. We strive to meet all of our valued guest’s needs but at full capacity, sometimes we experience glitches. Please come and stay with us again for next year’s Hambletonian.

Best regards,
Michelle Giovanni, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lyndhurst
Homewood Suites by Hilton East Rutherford-Meadowlands
2 mi away
Hampton Inn Carlstadt-At The Meadowlands
Renaissance Meadowlands Hotel
Residence Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands

Been to Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands? Share your experiences!