“Superb Service and Easy Access to NYC!!!!!!”

Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lyndhurst
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Superb Service and Easy Access to NYC!!!!!!”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

My family of 5 was truly blessed to have stayed here. Everyone took excellent care of us. Customer service is superior! In particular, Nicole, and Cadea were so kind and caring. The beds were comfortable. (my husband, however, didn't sleep well on the sleeper sofa.) But, the room was spacious enough. At breakfast, the omelet's were made just right. For the price, we couldn't have stayed at a better place. Also, it only took us 20 minutes to get to NYC and 20 minutes back. Just be careful not to miss the last bus back to the hotel. (You have to pull the string to make sure the driver stops at the right corner.) Also, make sure you arrive early enough at the bus station to find the right place of departure. The icing on the cake was our stops at Lyndhurst Bakery (homemade frozen treats and baked goods), and at Mazur's Bakery (more upscale, homemade baked goods.) They are located on the same street , just around the corner from the hotel. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We liked being able to see our vehicle from our room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Grace R,

Thank you for your delightful review about your stay with us at Courtyard. We’re glad you and your family chose to stay with us and had a pleasant visit. I’m glad you liked our comfortable beds, delicious breakfast, and very convenient location to NYC. It’s great to hear you supported our local bakeries and hopefully got the chance to taste many of their wonderful treats. We hope your future travels will bring you back to stay with us again soon.

Regards,
Michelle Giovanni, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Korean first
Havertown, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Was very pleasantly surprised by this place. Hotel was clean, and there is a bus that will get you a block from Times Square in 20-30 minutes adjacent to the parking lot.
Service was more friendly than any hotel I've ever stayed in. Example: one morning my wife and I were late to catch the bus and I (who was taking care of something else) asked her if she could grab me a cup of coffee from the free coffee dispenser with 3 creams and 1 Splenda. My wife responded that her hands were full too, so I'd have to do without coffee that morning. The hostess at the front desk overheard my request to my wife and immediately brought me a coffee with 3 creams and 1 Splenda. This was consistent with the friendly service we received while there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Arnaldo C,

Thank you for your review and kind words about our facility and staff. We’re glad to have provided a comfortable, pleasant stay for you and your wife while visiting NYC. I’m pleased you were able to experience firsthand our extraordinary staff who genuinely enjoy their jobs and helping others. We invite you to stay with us again, now that we know how you like your coffee, the next time you visit New York.

Lebanon, OH
Reviewed August 11, 2012

My wife and I and our three year old daughter stayed here for the Hambletonian. The room was clean and as expected. The breakfast was good but the staff was overwhelmed with the crowd. We had to sit in the bar part which was fine but they just needed more waiters. The "made to order eggs" were very confusing. We never saw who was making them, my wife said there were slips to fill out but I never saw them or was told about it. Oh well, the buffet was adequate and my daughter was free. My only real complaint was that they housekeeping did not tend to our room during the day. We told the desk and it was taken care of while we swam. I noticed maybe they were understaffed a little bit everywhere. The cookies and coffee disappeared after day shift. I wish they had free shuttle to the Meadowlands since they are a partner hotel. All this aside, I would go back I am just nitpicking a little. P.S. Lyndhurst pizza is bomb (check my review).

1 Thank Joby1only
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Joby1only,

Thank you for taking a moment and writing about our hotel on TripAdvisor. We’re pleased you chose to stay with us during the Hambletonian. Congratulations to Market Share! I’m glad to know that your overall experience with us was a good one and truly apologize for the little mishaps during your stay. We strive to meet all of our valued guest’s needs but at full capacity, sometimes we experience glitches. Please come and stay with us again for next year’s Hambletonian.

Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed August 11, 2012

This property turned out to be a great find and provided an excellent home base for our summer family trip to NYC. The rooms are large - two queens & a pull out - and the beds comfy. The complimentary morning coffee in the lobby was a GREAT cup of joe ... and the bus stop steps from the hotel front doors was very handy for express trips right into the Big Apple. Even at rush hour, this trip was under 30 minutes door to door. Convenient beyond our expectations! Easy driving to nearby great Italian dining choices, bakeries and plenty of shopping. Nicole & Miguel from the front desk were friendly & helpful.

1 Thank RoadTripHamiltonGirl
RoadTripHamiltonGirl,

Thank you for choosing Courtyard for your family home base during your recent trip to NYC. We’re happy to hear you enjoyed our spacious suites, comfy beds, and complimentary coffee. I’m glad you found our hotel to be in a convenient location to New York City as well. I’ll make sure that Nicole and Miguel receive a special commendation for their outstanding service. We hope to see you again soon.

Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed August 10, 2012

The Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands in Lyndhurst N.J. is a great place to stay when traveling into New York City. There is a Bus stop within 200 feet of the hotel. The hotel and rooms were clean and the 2 Queen beds were super comfortable. One front desk employee at the hotel (Nicole H.....) made our 5 day stay most enjoyable. Nicole went out of her way to assist us to find the best way of getting into NYC. Her smiling face and pleasant attitude along with her patience went a long way to making our vacation to NYC a success. I noticed that Nicole was the employee of the Month for July. I can see why(Great Customer Service Skills !!) and I nominate her for employee of the month for August as well. All the staff we interacted with at this hotel were pleasant and helpful. We would definitely stay at this hotel again when travelling into NYC.

Room Tip: Our rooms were on the second floor. It was very quiet there.
1 Thank Raymond F
Raymond F,

Thank you for taking a moment and writing about our hotel on TripAdvisor. We’re glad you chose to stay with us during your NYC vacation. It’s also nice to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful, especially Nicole. I’ll let her know of your kind words and make sure she receives a special commendation for her extraordinary service. Please come and stay with us again the next time you’re in NYC.

Have a great summer,
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed August 7, 2012

After choosing this hotel as a reference from Nanina's in the Park in Belleville, NJ I have DEEP regrets. Here is the e-mail that my mother (mother of the groom) wrote to their management:

I thought you'd like to know that we were very unhappy with the quality of our stay at the Lyndhurst Courtyard for our son's wedding.
First...the good part...our room was OK...somewhat clean and comfortable...but it was when we left our room that the problems occurred.
For the entire time of our stay, elevator #2 was "acting up"...it would stop unexpectedly between floors...we were afraid to get on it in case it got stuck.
That in itself would have been annoying but not a major complaint except that MANY MEMBERS OF THE LARGE GROUP of people staying at your hotel COMPLAINED, BUT NOTHING WAS DONE TO RECTIFY THE SITUATION!
This went on for ALL THREE DAYS of our stay!!!
Our daughter-in-law rented a conference room for make-up and hair the morning of the wedding. We had problems in that room too!
Half the outlets did not work when we got to the room a big problem when you need curling irons and hair dryers to work...AGAIN, that in itself would have been annoying but not a major complaint except that WE HAD TO GO DOWN TO THE FRONT DESK SEVERAL TIMES TO GET THE PROBLEM FIXED - AND THERE WAS NO RESPONSE - AND LITTLE CONCERN - FOR MORE THAN HALF AN HOUR...UNACCEPTABLE!
Not only that...but a leak developed in a ceiling light right in front of the food table...again the complaint...and the response was a BUCKET! This was definitely not the atmosphere we expected in that room! UNACCEPTABLE!
If that wasn't enough, my son & daughter-in-law hired extra buses from your hotel to make sure that people would be transported from Nanina's in the Park to and from the hotel...BUT something went wrong there too! THE BRIDE, GROOM, PARENTS OF BOTH THE BRIDE AND GROOM, PLUS OTHER MEMBERS OF THE WEDDING PARTY AND GUESTS WERE STRANDED AT NANINAS! Lyndhurst Courtyard DID NOT FULFILL ITS PROMISE TO HAVE AN ADEQUATE NUMBER OF BUSES to transport us that day...WE HAD TO WAIT ALMOST 40 MINUTES FOR THE BUS TO COME...and this was after phone calls from Nanina’s and the bride and groom...again...UNACCEPTABLE! (PS...if you are planning to strand people, you surely should not strand the bride and groom!)
So...NO...WE DID NOT HAVE AN EXCELLENT STAY...

I am making it my business to ensure that Nanina's in the Park no longer suggests this HORRIBLE hotel as a suggestions - Riches to Rags...

Room Tip: Use one of the other hotels in the area.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank KenSchumacher
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
KenSchumacher,

Thank you for taking time to write a review on TripAdvisor. It is most regrettable that all of the accommodations you requested from our staff were not satisfactory. Please accept my apology. Your review will be discussed in our weekly staff meeting and we will review our guest services focus, particularly for large wedding groups. We do hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you better.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I've been 2 or 3 times to this hotel between 2009 and 2011. This hotel is great, very clean, room are confortable. What I like about this place is the location. It's near the lincoln tunnel. I find it very easy to take the bus and get to NYC.

The breakfast was very good too at this place. I would recommend this place and would return anytime! If you don't want to spend the 250$++ per night in Manhattan, this is the place to go.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank maxrx7
Maxrx7,

Thanks for writing a review on TripAdvisor and informing other travelers about our great hotel. We’re happy to know that you liked our clean, comfortable rooms as well as our delicious breakfast. Please come and stay with us again the next time your visit NYC.

Michelle Giovanni, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lyndhurst
Hilton Meadowlands
Hilton Meadowlands
#4 of 5 in East Rutherford
Hampton Inn Carlstadt-At The Meadowlands
Renaissance Meadowlands Hotel
Homewood Suites by Hilton East Rutherford-Meadowlands
Extended Stay America - Meadowlands - Rutherford
La Quinta Inn & Suites Clifton / Rutherford

Been to Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands? Share your experiences!