All reviewsmedieval timesport authorityfront desknew yorkbus stopparking garagenj transitmy family and i stayed heremarriott courtyardstandard courtyardbreakfast buffetlincoln tunnelclean hotelvisiting nyccomfortable bedsindoor poolmin drive
Reviewed August 10, 2012

The Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands in Lyndhurst N.J. is a great place to stay when traveling into New York City. There is a Bus stop within 200 feet of the hotel. The hotel and rooms were clean and the 2 Queen beds were super comfortable. One front desk employee at the hotel (Nicole H.....) made our 5 day stay most enjoyable. Nicole went out of her way to assist us to find the best way of getting into NYC. Her smiling face and pleasant attitude along with her patience went a long way to making our vacation to NYC a success. I noticed that Nicole was the employee of the Month for July. I can see why(Great Customer Service Skills !!) and I nominate her for employee of the month for August as well. All the staff we interacted with at this hotel were pleasant and helpful. We would definitely stay at this hotel again when travelling into NYC.

Room Tip: Our rooms were on the second floor. It was very quiet there.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Raymond F
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Raymond F,

Thank you for taking a moment and writing about our hotel on TripAdvisor. We’re glad you chose to stay with us during your NYC vacation. It’s also nice to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful, especially Nicole. I’ll let her know of your kind words and make sure she receives a special commendation for her extraordinary service. Please come and stay with us again the next time you’re in NYC.

Have a great summer,

Reviewed August 7, 2012

After choosing this hotel as a reference from Nanina's in the Park in Belleville, NJ I have DEEP regrets. Here is the e-mail that my mother (mother of the groom) wrote to their management:

I thought you'd like to know that we were very unhappy with the quality of our stay at the Lyndhurst Courtyard for our son's wedding.
First...the good part...our room was OK...somewhat clean and comfortable...but it was when we left our room that the problems occurred.
For the entire time of our stay, elevator #2 was "acting up"...it would stop unexpectedly between floors...we were afraid to get on it in case it got stuck.
That in itself would have been annoying but not a major complaint except that MANY MEMBERS OF THE LARGE GROUP of people staying at your hotel COMPLAINED, BUT NOTHING WAS DONE TO RECTIFY THE SITUATION!
This went on for ALL THREE DAYS of our stay!!!
Our daughter-in-law rented a conference room for make-up and hair the morning of the wedding. We had problems in that room too!
Half the outlets did not work when we got to the room a big problem when you need curling irons and hair dryers to work...AGAIN, that in itself would have been annoying but not a major complaint except that WE HAD TO GO DOWN TO THE FRONT DESK SEVERAL TIMES TO GET THE PROBLEM FIXED - AND THERE WAS NO RESPONSE - AND LITTLE CONCERN - FOR MORE THAN HALF AN HOUR...UNACCEPTABLE!
Not only that...but a leak developed in a ceiling light right in front of the food table...again the complaint...and the response was a BUCKET! This was definitely not the atmosphere we expected in that room! UNACCEPTABLE!
If that wasn't enough, my son & daughter-in-law hired extra buses from your hotel to make sure that people would be transported from Nanina's in the Park to and from the hotel...BUT something went wrong there too! THE BRIDE, GROOM, PARENTS OF BOTH THE BRIDE AND GROOM, PLUS OTHER MEMBERS OF THE WEDDING PARTY AND GUESTS WERE STRANDED AT NANINAS! Lyndhurst Courtyard DID NOT FULFILL ITS PROMISE TO HAVE AN ADEQUATE NUMBER OF BUSES to transport us that day...WE HAD TO WAIT ALMOST 40 MINUTES FOR THE BUS TO COME...and this was after phone calls from Nanina’s and the bride and groom...again...UNACCEPTABLE! (PS...if you are planning to strand people, you surely should not strand the bride and groom!)
So...NO...WE DID NOT HAVE AN EXCELLENT STAY...

I am making it my business to ensure that Nanina's in the Park no longer suggests this HORRIBLE hotel as a suggestions - Riches to Rags...

Room Tip: Use one of the other hotels in the area.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank KenSchumacher
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

KenSchumacher,

Thank you for taking time to write a review on TripAdvisor. It is most regrettable that all of the accommodations you requested from our staff were not satisfactory. Please accept my apology. Your review will be discussed in our weekly staff meeting and we will review our guest services focus, particularly for large wedding groups. We do hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you better.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

I've been 2 or 3 times to this hotel between 2009 and 2011. This hotel is great, very clean, room are confortable. What I like about this place is the location. It's near the lincoln tunnel. I find it very easy to take the bus and get to NYC.

The breakfast was very good too at this place. I would recommend this place and would return anytime! If you don't want to spend the 250$++ per night in Manhattan, this is the place to go.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank maxrx7

Maxrx7,

Thanks for writing a review on TripAdvisor and informing other travelers about our great hotel. We’re happy to know that you liked our clean, comfortable rooms as well as our delicious breakfast. Please come and stay with us again the next time your visit NYC.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed here while visiting New York City for two days in late July 2012. It was a great hotel and we were greeted well by the staff on our arrival. The hotel is right on the bus line that goes directly to NYC every hour and takes only 25 minutes to get there. The facilities were very clean and quiet. There was a garage to keep the car in next to the hotel. Breakfast was good. We definately are coming back here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floors overlooking the NYC skyline.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

raynascar24,

It’s terrific to hear from you on TripAdvisor and to learn about your great stay with us while visiting NYC. Our facility is indeed ‘right on the bus line’ so we love to have NYC travelers stay with us. I’m sure your comments will be helpful for future travelers. Thank you again and please come and stay with us again.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

My husband and I stayed here June 30-July 4th, 2012. We were coming from Niagara Falls, and were going to check in about 2 hours after originally scheduled. I called and a very nice young man (David I think), was on duty that night (June 30). He informed us that it wouldn't be a problem, and he noticed that we requested a high floor room, away from an elevator, but our room was booked near an elevator. He quickly adjusted this for us. When we arrived there was a man who was displeased with his room. David was more than friendly to this man, and continued to apologize. From the conversation I heard, it sounded like his room was near some rowdy college folks. David was more than generous. He even offered to take care of one night- completely free. Still not good enough for this man. David stayed calm (sometimes you can't please everyone), and reminded him that he was getting one night free- I think he even moved their room.
My husband and I checked in and our room was on the 6th (top) floor. Our room was very spacious, and when we opened the curtains, we had a great view of NYC!! :) The Port Authority bus stop was just a quick walk across the parking lot- we used it each day to venture into NYC. We did have questions about bus routes, maps, etc...and Angela (I think was her name. African American young woman who won Employee of the month in April 2011), was such a great help! She was so pleasant! Everyone on staff was pleasant! The next time we come back to NYC, we will make sure to stay here!

Room Tip: We had the top floor and could see the city. Ask for a top floor room facing NYC.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Neely R
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Neely R,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a comment about our hotel and staff. It sounds like you not only had a great stay with us, but also had a great time visiting NYC. David, as you mentioned, is one of our many valued employees here at Courtyard so I appreciate your kind words about him. I will make sure to pass along your comments to both David and Nicole. We invite you to stay with us again the next time you’re visiting New York City.