“Very nice stay”

Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lyndhurst
Reviewed May 20, 2012

My family and I stayed for one night while visiting the Medieval Times castle. The castle is very close...........within walking distance. Our room was on the sixth floor, and we had no problems with noise from other rooms/guests. There was no view (other than a parking garage), but the staff told me there were only full size beds on the side of the hotel with the view, and I had requested queen beds. Room and bathroom were clean. The pool area and deck were nice........the pool was VERY warm. Ample parking. We did not purchase the breakfast the following morning, but the day we arrived there were free cookies and coffee available in the lobby which was nice.
All in all, a pleasant stay!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank EllenMary2
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Dear EllenMary2,

Thanks for your review, we appreciate your compliments and hope you and your family had fun at Medieval Times!

Best wishes,

Reviewed April 30, 2012

After using Priceline to acquire a Hotel, I read the reviews others have left. I was hesitant about staying at this hotel based on all the bad reviews. I probably even went in "looking" for issues after this. But, I can say, I was plesantly surprised! There was no construction, the lobby and guest rooms were updated and very nice. I did receive the guest room that others talked about, above the trash dumpster area behind the hotel, but luckily it wasnt trash pickup day! Not much of a view, but it could be worse! The walls are super thin in the rooms. There were many college students in the hotel, and many of them were in the room next door. There was much noise in the halls from them as well. We were so tired from a long day of traveling that about 1 am we finally fell asleep and never heard another thing! This issue seems to be a reoccurring issue at this hotel. Management should makes the rounds of the floors periodically and keep this under control. The breakfast buffet on Saturday morning was just ok. It is not anything lavish, just basic. Scrambled eggs (dry and overcooked), Bacon, French Toast, Pancakes, Fruit, Cereals, Biscuits and Gravy, etc. They were not keeping the items stocked and there were many grumblings from guests at the Buffet. Service was good from the two Servers in the area. Overall, this is a nice property, if you can be put away from all the kids and noise!

Room Tip: Ask for a City view and on a floor where there are not a bunch of kids partying!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2012

Dear Scott K,

Thanks very much for your candid review, I appreciate each of your comments. Regrettably, the thickness of the walls is beyond our control, but I plan to review your comment about the buffet with my restaurant team. It’s great to know you enjoyed your stay despite these factors and I thank you for your compliments.

Yours truly,

Reviewed April 29, 2012

The hotel is right next to the NJ Transit, which takes you into the city in about 15-20 mins. When we arrived we were warmly welcomed and the hotel was clean and tastefully decorated. The room was a good size and clean as well. Overall my stay was great! The only issue if anything, would be at times we could hear the people in the room next to us, but it was nothing out of the ordinary when staying at a hotel.

Stayed: April 2012

Dear Britney B,

We’re thrilled that your stay with us inspired you to write your first TripAdvisor review, thanks very much for taking the time to share your comments! It’s always great to hear from our guests and to know you had a great experience.

Warm regards,

Reviewed April 8, 2012

We found this hotel on-line and it lived up to what was promised: comfortable beds, large, clean rooms, excellent location, close to Manhattan but also to places in NJ, friendly staff, ample parking and the price was quite reasonable

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view onto the Manhattan skyline
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank PIL-1
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Thanks for your review Peterlris – so glad you enjoyed your stay and the excellent view! Hope you visit again soon.

Yours truly,

Reviewed March 20, 2012

Although I was at first turned off by this location, appearance and address, I was in for a surprise. VERY friendly staff, Good service and a FULL Breakfast a reasonable price. Plenty of parking for my Coach behind the Hotel and my room overlooked it. My Group was staying in Manhattan. Easy access to NJ Transit to NYC and back and Cheap. Easy in and out of the city for my days off. I cannot say enough about the Staff up front, or the cleanliness of my room. Across from the Property is a Great Pub/Deli with great food and good beer. For a Buisness or Tour Group stay I would recommend this Hotel easily. I think if I had to be ultra picky, is that the Thermostat is touchy. These days seems to be a common theme in most updated Hotels.

Room Tip: Upper level rooms a little warmer in the winter or cold weather if your so inclined.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2012

Thanks so much WolfTravler for your wonderful comments! I greatly appreciate you taking the time to write a review and am thrilled to hear you and your group enjoyed our hospitality. We hope to see you return the next time you’re in the greater NYC area.

Take care,

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Hotel was very clean. Front desk was always positive and professional. NO smoke anywhere. With NY bus at the corner we were able to park the car, (free parking ) and ride the NJ bus to the city. I suggest the package that includes breakfast buffett and daily bus passes to and from Port Authority station, (only blocks from Time Square). One issue, and the front desk fixed it, was the mystery charge of $3.50 for bottled water that appeared on the folio the morning of check out.
TIP: The 9-11 Memorial requires timed entry passes. Available free on-line so print them before leaving home. Saw many sad/disappointed people turned away without passes.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor on front side of hotel for view of NYC skyline.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank danl14400
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2012

We’re so glad you enjoy staying with us; we greatly appreciate your business and taking the time to share your comments.

Thanks again,

Reviewed January 30, 2012

Stayed here for a Business trip for over a week. Picked it over the Sheraton due to having free wireless versus Sheraton charging you $8 per day. The location was convenient for where we were working. Lobby was clean, they offered free coffee in the morning right outside of the elevators which was nice in the morning. Rooms were clean, bed was comfortable. Fitness center was pretty dated, definitely could use a refresh. Wish the rooms could have a microwave. My colleague's said the Hilton down the road was a little better than this hotel, so I'd probably give that a try next time I'm in town for work although there was nothing wrong with this place, I'd stay again.

I guess if you're using this place for vacation, it's a short drive into the city...close to the Meadowlands if you're in town for a game. Me personally, I rather stay in the city if I was going there for vacation.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2012

Thanks very much for your review NKIM20! It’s great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed the free Wi-Fi and convenience to the office you were visiting. I do hope to see you again and that your colleagues will give us an opportunity to provide them with the level of service and facilities Marriott prides itself on.

Best regards,

Michelle Giovanni, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lyndhurst
Homewood Suites by Hilton East Rutherford-Meadowlands
Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands
Fairfield Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands
2 mi away
Hampton Inn Carlstadt-At The Meadowlands

Been to Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands? Share your experiences!