“HORRIBLE SERVICE!!! WILL NOT RETURN!”
Review of Piazza Margherita - CLOSED

Piazza Margherita
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Clifton, New Jersey
“HORRIBLE SERVICE!!! WILL NOT RETURN!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Horrible service!!!
Our family recently went to Piazza Margherita on a Wednesday night to celebrate a birthday.
When we got to the restaurant, there were very few customers and yet no one at the door to greet us. We had to wait for one of the waiters to notice us and bring us to our table. We then waited for our waiter to bring ice buckets for our wine bottles and then considerably later he took our orders. We had to ask several times for water for everyone.
The food did not come out all at once and so we waited. Once the food came out, it was good, however, our water glasses were empty and there was no one to refill them. There were several tables of other diners but there were no waiters or busboys or owner/manager anywhere to be seen. We waited and waited and then a waiter came out and we asked for water. He said he would get some and then got distracted and we had to wait some more. Finally our waiter came out on the floor and we had to flag him down and ask for a pitcher of water. He never apologized or asked how we were doing.
We finished our meals and wanted our check. Again, there was no one on the floor of the restaurant - we waited for a very long time and were ready to start getting up from the table when miraculously our waiter showed up and asked if we wanted desserts. We said no, just the check.
Again we had to wait and when the check came, there was 18% gratuity added on. Talk about adding insult to injury! It was a family occasion so we didn't dispute it but vowed never to return as the service was the most neglectful and unprofessional we ever experienced.

1 Thank Maria563

North Bergen, New Jersey
“No Air conditioning in August?”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I bought a Groupon for this restaurant and although the servers were friendly, we should have not even gone in once we saw that the doors were open and the air conditioning was not on. No Air Conditioning in August! Really!. We had dinner at 5 PM on a Thursday evening and the employees were professional and extremely welcoming. The food however is another story. The caprese salad should have been served with balsamic vinegar, it was not, It was flavorless. The sauce on my entree was horrible and the food was not seasoned. The roasted vegetables were tasteless, undercooked, and old looking. The decor is very nice and again I must stress that the servers were excellent. I do return to most places that I try out from Groupon, however I will not be returning to this restaurant.

North Haledon, New Jersey
“A Terrible Experience”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We found this restaurant through Groupon and so far have always had a good experience and at the same time have found some new restaurants that we will definately return to, however Piazza Marghertia is not in this category! We arrived around 5:30 p.m. And we're seated immediately. We placed our order and waited quite long, finally asked if we could have some bread. They brought out regular white bread slices, sprinkled with a little garlic and toasted! We have never seen this ever! my husband later saw someone bring in several loaves of bread( how can they not have bread at the beginning of their serving hours on a Sat. Night? I ordered the salmon entree, it was served with a burned crumb topping and fresh? vegetables that were terrible tasting and disgusting. The yellow sauce was not even pleasant to look at let alone try to eat. I Ate very little of my dinner and told the waiter I was not interested in even wanting to take it home. I requested angel hair as the pasta that came with the entree, I had to remind them to bring it and when it came, it was stale tasting and a bit crusty with some sauce on it. it certainly wasn't fresh pasta just cooked! I do not know how this restaurant will stay in business. I do read and contribute to Trip Advisor and I should have believed the majority of the previous write-ups, however, I had already paid the Groupon amount of money and was hoping for a better experience. I really do NOT recommend this restaurant.

1 Thank Arlene S
Vermont
“Awesome Calamari”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Appetizer were great. Especially the ginger calamari. Eggplant parm was average. But the other meals at the table were very good. Went on a hot day, and it was hot inside the restaurant, I don't usually sweat when I'm eating but I did this night. Will defiantly go back. Our server was very attentive.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank FoodieInVermont
North Arlington, New Jersey
“Nice Place - Service could have been better”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The restaurant has a nice atmosphere and we enjoyed the musicians. They played a variety of music and people joined in the singing. Food was good, prices were o.k. Our waiter left due to an emergency and no one knew about it and we had to wait a very long time for someone to come and take our order. I understand that now other waiters had double their tables, but I would have thought the managment would have offered us a free appetizer due to it being almost 40 minutes untill someone took our order. We were a table of 4 and ordered two appetizers, salad and entrees. Some of the orders did not come with what was on the menu, and they forgot to bring out the pasta side for one of the dishes. We used the restaurant.com coupon which helped bring the cost down. Hopefully it was just a bad luck night. May give it another try we'll see. Also, if you don't want to be close to the music sit in the back by the corner as it can get loud. The tables are tight and some people may get up and dance, but it is nice to see people enjoying themselves.

• Visited June 2013