“Somewhat Disappointing”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Recently went here with a friend of mine for dinner. I've been to the sister restaurant Queen Margherita several times and always enjoyed it.

On the plus side, this restaurant is much larger - so you aren't sitting on top of each other. With that said, it lacks some of the quaintness of its nearby sister restaurant. The wait staff were terrific with just the right amount of attentiveness without being annoying.

Perhaps I just didn't order correctly - I had shrimp scampi light on the garlic. This dish came with just 5 shrimp over pasta that was extremely oily tasting and I don't think any garlic at all. I think there was a $1 difference between my dish and my friend's dish - hers was chock full of mussels and fish...she loved hers! We had the Italian cheesecake for dessert - it was just okay; somewhat dry.

I probably won't go back - I'd rather go to the "older sister" - Queen Margherita!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We ate at this Italian restaurant with my friends (amazing decoration) on Saturday night. The place was packed so it was good we had reservations.( Live music ...!!!! fantastic...)They seated us right on time. We had some appetizers (seafood salad-mussels in fradiavolo sauce-shrimps stuffed with crab meat-fried calamari- were wonderful), then three of us had pork osso bucco ,and two veal chop special (delicious desserts-ask for the toasted almond cake). All of the dishes were very well prepared and we enjoyed them. The recommendation of our waiter San Diego was excellent...the service was great, very attentive, and the atmosphere is very nice (Italy Live) Highly recommend.....thank you Piazza Margherita...

4  Thank moe949
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Food and staff is top notch. Yes the place changed hands but its for the better. Cheese and sauces are top quality and every saturday night a local band plays live. I would recommend this place to anyone. Oh and its BYOB, so youll save some cash if you want to have a couple drink.

Also the review below is clearly the previous owner because he wrote a different review on yelp, and urbanspoon, but on the same date. Come on bud, the new owners run a legitimate business, why would anyone try and hurt a family owned business in this economy, Kind of sad.....

7  Thank Al S
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I was at piazza two weeks ago friday with some of my friends and let me tell you we were very disapointed. Veal dish i ordered was very chewy and the other dishes were not that great. It was the first time for two of my friends and i had to listen to them for picking this restraunt. When we left i was so disapointed that i had to go to the other restraunt that the owner Pasquale owns in nutley and ask him what happen, that is when i found out that he has sold piazza margherita two months ago.
The man was so appolegetic that he found us a table and gave us pizza, coffe and dessert on him. If you want real italian food go to Queen margheritha in nutley.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

I have been here at least 4 times and the food is great!!!! I always have great service and I have tried different dishes here and no complaints!!!! Sometimes they have a singer there, very light, soft singing, a nice Italian touch. The restaurant is very cute and European. I recommend this place, it's a little pricey, but worth it.

6  Thank Gzuza