“It has been better”

Gencarelli's
Ranked #12 of 76 Restaurants in Lyndhurst
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed December 20, 2012

This place used to be amazing but lately it hasn't been the same. While the portions are generous, the flavors have definitely decreased over the years.

1  Thank John F

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Love the consistency here. They always use Fresh ingredients. The staff is very nice and offers great service. Prices are fair

1  Thank mauinokaoi1973
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Ordered take-out from this place for the first time on 6/29/12. I am very selective of places I eat from because of my food allergies. My husband said to me why don't we try this place out. I was reluctant, but saw they had the white pie on their menu and felt it was safe to order. The girl who took my food order answered my question about the ingredients in the white pie. I went ahead and ordered. She told me it would be ready for pickup in 20-25min :). This was the most fastest time I was given ever by a restaurant for pick-up. I arrived at Gencarelli's and the inside of this restaurant was roomy and comforting. Staff was very friendly. My pies were ready waiting for me when I arrived :) A huge plus!! I ordered the personal white pie for me, personal small pie for my son and a large pie. Let me just say that their white pizza is to die for!! The wonderful flavor of ricotta, mozz, garlic and parsley combined wonderfully together.

This place is a definite with my family. I would highly recommend the white pie! This place gave me a wonderful first experience and I plan on ordering from them from now on. I don't even care for the drive as I live in Rutherford. It is well worth the trip in my book!!!

Reviewed May 29, 2012

My only issue is that I really dont like their pizza, however my husband says it is the best pizza around. The service is great and the place is clean which is a big deal for me. The portions are large and 90% of the time we can not finish the meal, I just am not crazy for the pizza. Occasionally I have had to add salt to enhance the flavor, but for the most part food is very good

Reviewed October 11, 2009

We experienced a new pizza/italian place in the ShopRite Plaza in Lyndhurst. Was an old Dollar Store, now a very large restaurant. As we entered the counter man immediately welcomed us and showed us the daily selection of different pizzas behind the glass counter. Nice booths with a wooden type accent roof above them along with tables in the middle. Service was quick and efficient. We ordered from the 6 page menu which included hot & cold sandwiches, dinners, pizzas etc. Food came in a timely manner and very hot and plentiful. They do not deliver but pick up is available. owned and staffed by two brothers and a cousin, who work there everyday. We met one of them and he was very helpful. We will definitely go back again.

1  Thank rprichied