“Excellent”
other travelers have booked this property
Beautifully Restored Modern Kitchen
same bedroom different view
another view same Queen bedroom
2nd Queen Bedroom 3rd Floor
another view 2nd Bedroom 3rd Floor
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
tiacuone1
Mahopac, New York
“Not a full house rental”
Reviewed August 25, 2016 for a stay in August 2016
people found this review helpful

The home itself was fine. It is old, but it was clean and charming if you appreciate vintage. Plenty of room. Beach was beautiful. BUT.......
We did not bring the kids bikes because it was written that there were two available at the house. When we got there, that was not the case. There was one, broken up, no rim and shoved under the porch. I had to rent two bikes, which was expensive.
There are two bathrooms in the home, the toilet in one was broken and would not flush. I was told about it upon check-in, it was not fixed until the last day of our departure.
Our grill had no gas, when I called the housekeeper she was " 1.5 away, but would replace when she got back". I had brought food to grill, but problems with tank took so long, we ordered pizza that night.
Lastly, and this is a big one, for me. When we arrived and pulled into the drive-way, I thought I had the wrong house because of the 3 people hanging in the driveway. I shortly realized it was the woman and her family that lived in the apartment of the house. I was not informed that other people lived there.
They often hung out in there "patio" area, which is directly under the front wrap-around porch. They are CHAIN smokers, loud, and the woman, when alone, talks on her phone continuously. I get migraines from smoke and it was over powering. The smoke came directly into porch area. I was unable to sit on the porch, enjoy the sound of the waves and read as I usually would. It was awkward to be outside. My kids were upset over it.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Charming home, beautiful beach.
Liked least: You are not advised that there is a smoking tenant living there
Traveling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
Aug 27, 2016
I have been involved in renting my homes for vacation rentals for about a decade now and I have to say this particular renter acted the most unusual. It started with a pre welcome letter that I emailed to her a few weeks before her arrival. My email confirmed the number of guests which she booked the house for online. Her online booking stated 2 guests. She replied she did not realize that it mattered how many guests she brought, she was bringing up to 10 or 12. I informed her that the pricing online is set up to allow small and big families to afford the house. Each additional person after 6 increased the amount of the nightly rate. She did not like this at all. (you could image making a booking at Holiday Inn for 2 and showing up with 12) She also forgot conveniently to mentioned a dog was coming as well. After I agreed to only charge her for 2 additional guests and waive the extra dog cleaning fee, she paid. A few days later, I emailed her a more specific welcome letter with dates of arrival and departure. Now according her the dates were all wrong. I checked all the confirmation emails from the booking site and indeed my dates were correct. She then sent me a screen shot (taken who knows when) with her dates. After she contacted the booking company and I told her that unfortunately her new dates were not available, she was not happy and displayed an obvious attitude. Next she confirmed an arrival time of 4pm for the caretaker to meet her and showed her around. She showed up and 10 30 PM, stated she got lost. She lives 3 hours to 4 hours away hard to be lost by 6 and a half hours and not have the courtesy to call. We attempted to call the phone number she gave the booking company but she apparently made a mistake putting the correct number in the phone record as well. There is a small mother-in-law apartment that I keep in the basement for myself ( I have used 3 nights in the last 2 years) and the caretaker can use it for late check-ins and problem guests. The caretaker has an apartment to far away to go back and forth several time a day. This house is located in an extremely quiet and well cared beach block family neighborhood. The neighbors are pleasant and great and do not deserve to have a noisy rowdy house next to them. If a group that it is apparent will not work tries to rent the house (i.e High School and College students), I do not rent it to them. From time to time if it is apparent that a group has slipped in that is not going to follow simple rules for being quiet after 8 PM, or not having surprise undisclosed loud parties, many extra guests, the caretaker stays in the basement apartment to monitor the situation and inform the tenants when their behavior becomes unreasonable. Because of all the unknowns as set forth above with this guest and her group. I ask the caretaker to stay at the house and monitor so the neighbors were not affected. There were other issues with this guest which I do not want to bore you with. (not the least was an attempt to get money back or give a bad review). The home is as stated 6 bedrooms/2.5 baths next to the beach. This is a great house if you intend to peacefully enjoy a pristinely clean beach block area in a charming nice beach town with a really cool well cared for Victorian House.
Jaimie S
Edison, New Jersey
“Excellent”
Reviewed August 28, 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

We were a bit hesitant because this is an older house and it is hard to see the interior with the pictures posted, but the house turned out to be extremely clean and well refurbished to look like new! Also has a great variety of amenities for having a wonderful vacation at the beach. Welcome letter explained everything we needed to know. We would definitely recommend this house.

Traveling group: Large Group
Your age range 18-24
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Cape Coral, Florida, United States
Reviewed December 1, 2014 for a stay in November 2014

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing