“Thumbs down”
Review of Catch

Catch
Reserve with OpenTable
Catch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Longport
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: S 24th Avenue
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Thumbs down”
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Total disaster: no evidence of any management. Poor service:waiter took our order and only returned to our table to present the check. Food was poor and overpriced/crabmeat fish sides drinks were all bad! Suggest any of the other local places over this sub optimal dining experience!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Leslie S

Malvern, PA
“Nice Addition!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We went there with our children for dinner and had a very good dinner. Service was a bit slow and, occasionally, forgetful. Hello! We aren't expecting Philly service at the shore! The ingredients were fresh and preparations creative. I love the décor (yes, I know it looks like Miami in the 2000's, but I love it in stuffy old Longport). Went a second time with my daughter at the start of happy hour for a snack. Better service (less busy) and had the mini bucket of fresh potato chips. OMG! Delish! The chicken fried lobster is delicious. The sushi is good, but IMHO vastly overpriced for what you get. Won't be ordering it again. Cheerful server also gave us the happy hour price on the sushi even though we weren't seated at the bar. Nice! REALLY hope they survive the winter! We'll be back in June if they are!

• Visited August 2013
“Loved it!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

What a refreshing new shore dining spot. Must go for the atmosphere alone. Great menu,awesome bar drinks and the cheesesteak app and flatbread are the best.Great weekday happy hour menus too.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Deaffy
Kathmandu, Nepal
“Monday night is NOT lobster night!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Very funny. The front page of this restaurant's web page proclaims "Monday night is Lobster night" $39 per person. So we go Monday night and all four of us order the lobsters....... only to have the waitress tell us we are nuts and that Lobster night is Tuesday night. I whip out the iPhone and show her the web page. Undaunted, she gets the hostess/owner. We are told that they just haven't had time to change the page...... AND that "the web page isn't my department". Pretty much completely unapologetic. Sort of "get over it". No alternative was offered even though they did have some other lobster specials on the menu. Not a great way to start dining..... Hey, take the page down if it is not correct and you have no time! I would have given them an "average" rating if it weren't for the above. Their handling of such an obvious mistake doesn't warrant average.

Service was slow over all, but the wait staff was competent and attentive. Not sure where the problem was. I can't imagine how slow it would be if they were crowded.

When we did get our food, it was excellent and actually worth the wait (see I can say nice things!). On the other hand, we found the prices expensive as compared to other local restaurants near by (like Steve and Cookies). The portions were also on the small side (but not tiny).

Decor is very nice. The redecorating by "Sandy" suits the space and is very clean. Perfect for a restaurant a block off the beach in July!

Would we go back? I guess maybe we will give them a second try..... Certainly not on a Monday night though :-).

Visited July 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Don't go on a Monday.”
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Went initially on Saturday night 7/6/13 & enjoyed it so much returned w friends on Monday night. Service was night and day. Saturday consisted of a sharp attentive professional staff however on Monday our table for six was never cleared for the four that we were. There was dinnerware and roll ups all over the table. We didnt get our ice teas or ice water til our appetizer came which by the way came before the surf flatbread for the table had arrived, sooo I had to refuse the flatbread. The comp chips came late too in fact they arrived the same time our meatball appys came. Ugh! My stuffed trout was fabulous!!! I heard the salmon was delicious and the veal parm was good. The house manager came over and my first thought was oh good she's going to apologize for all of the poor service and then I'd feel better have recommended Catch to our friends but she was only leaning over me to dim the lights.

• Visited July 2013