“Beautiful!”

Hacklebarney State Park
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We decided to take the most challenging path and it did get a little hairy! It was worth it. I loved the picnic tables everywhere!

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Hacklebarney is the only place I will walk when the temperature is unbearable here in New Jersey. It is bordering a river so it always stays cool. The trails go down to the river and then up. You can continue up and down for over an hour of walking. Our dog loves it too. She can always get a drink. It is a very laid back park; rangers aren't walking around to see if your dog is off leash. We have never picnicked in Hacklebarney but there are lots of tables and grills. I think you could take a dip, too, if you wanted to.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Nice trails. Local park to where I live. Husband enjoyed going there to take pictures of the stream and small water falls - very peaceful. Picnic area available and paved parking lot.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

This is a lovely small park with really good small waterfalls. Some nice easy trails too! I've been here a couple of times with relatives and really enjoy it. Usually seems pretty quiet too! The walk down the rocks is great...you can act like a kid again!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

This is a nice park for a walk with your dog. I havent run into many other people and the trail i took followed a river down to a small waterfall with plenty of spots for our dog to cool down in the water.