“Great standby.”

Splash Seafood Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Nestled at the foot of Schooley's Mountain in the heart of scenic Long Valley, New Jersey, the Long Valley Pub and Brewery resides in a breathtakingly restored 200-year-old barn. Our brewery and kitchen are central to the character of our establishment. Our award winning brewer and outstanding culinary team have developed a wide variety of unique beers and culinary creations to appeal to the diverse tastes of our patrons. Like the 200-year-old barn that houses our restaurant, our fresh beer, quality food and dedicated staff stand to make this a perfect site for a night out for your special occasion. The Long Valley Brew Pub is part of Restaurant Village which also features Splash Seafood & Pasta and Sweet Endings Dessert Shoppe and Wine Bar.
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Can't miss here! Great bar-food, first class seafood dinners, and awesome pizza. Nice family atmosphere. Always good service. Get the stuffed sole and the steamed clams..tasty!

Reviewed April 5, 2012

Fresh seafood, well-prepared, for a reasonable price is hard to find - but always found at Splash!

Reviewed April 5, 2012

Went to splash last night and ordered a Martini before dinner. When the cocktail came, I could not help but notice it was only 70% full. There is something about a full martini glass, the one that you have to take a sip of before you attempt to lift the cocktail, that always puts me in a good mood. The 70% full thing was just a bummer but I got over it. They had raw clams and oysters, but at $3.25 for bluepoints, I was going to pass. I figured I'd just get some raw clams, that's safe, and at 1.25 a shot I could live with it. So I ordered 8 cherrystones wanting the shucker to pick out larger ones for me. The Bartender looked at me like I had three heads. She said, what do you want? I said, cherrystones, you know.. Clams, hard shell clams, littlenecks. OH? she said in a very cute manner. She said she had never heard of clams called Cherrystones? I should have known right then, that this was not the place for seafood. When the clams arrived, they were tiny, small even for littlenecks, these were more like count-necks; the smallest legally harvestable clams

Anyway, I wanted clams so it did not really matter. They looked fine, but when i picked them up they stank to high heaven. I don't know what happened to them because they looked fine, I suspect they were in a bag with dead clams and the smell transferred on to the outer shell. In any case it was nasty and i wanted out. I looked at the menu thinking I'll just get some fish. For a seafood restaurant called splash, I would of thought they would have more fin fish. They only had Sole. The whole menu was mostly just shellfish. Lobster, crabs, shrimp and mussels. For a seafood restaurant it was limiting and just not very creative. Live and learn... I had the salad and left.

1  Thank VineyardBluefish
Reviewed September 25, 2011

The meal my family had was average. Food good enough but nothing exceptional that would want me to return especially for the prices they were charging. The service was good although they were understaffed but we did come early and you can see that as the crowd came in service began to struggle. In fact they had to get someone from the Brew Pub next door come to help out.

1  Thank SteveCap
Reviewed September 9, 2011

A friend of my husband's asked me to help him plan a surprise spa day for his wife, Katrina. I went online and searched the area of the spa and found Splash. Katrina is on a seafood diet so from the website I thought this was a good pick.

I sent an email to Andrea, the event coordinator and we communicated via email over the course of two months. She planned a special menu so we can ensure the husband knew the max amount he would be paying. She arranged for a private brunch on the deck if the day was nice (which it was). At the last minute we discovered I was planning for a Sunday and she thought it was a Saturday. Splash doesn't open until 5P on Sunday's so I thought I was screwed.

Andrea made it so that the plans remained the same. She actually had Splash open early for us. We had private servers and everything! The view on the patio was breathtaking. And the staff was so great! It got too hot so they allowed us to move inside.

The Icing: EVERYTHING! From great customer service to a fantastic meal I would totally recommend this place to everyone! Definitely great for large groups too.

PS - Try the mimosa... Yummy!

Thanks to Andrea and the staff at Splash for making this a great girls day out!