“Wonderful food, great value, spectacular service”
Review of Agave Grill - CLOSED

Cuisines: Mexican, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Red Bank, New Jersey
“Wonderful food, great value, spectacular service”
Reviewed January 7, 2012

My boyfriend and I were looking for a quiet place to have good food at a reasonable price. We found it at Agave. Because we were "decompressing" from the week (Friday night), we did not want to be rushed. We ordered an appetizer, avocado and cheese, and had a drink (it is BYOB), and then ordered the main course. My boyfriend had a mixed grill served in a hot Mexican stone, for $16. It was huge, well made, and delicious (included chicken, shrimp, beef, vegetable; served with rice, beans, tortillas.) Yum.
Our entire bill was $40 and worth every penny. This is authentic Mexican food, made fresh. You will love!

• Visited January 2012

“get the molcajete!!”
Reviewed December 23, 2011

very cute byob mexican. excellent fresh salsa and homemade chips.
I had the molcajete, which is shrimp, beef , chicken and veggies in a spicy sauce served in a heated lava bowl. it was incredible! the waiter was very nice and they even let us keep our beer in their fridge.
My boyfriend had the Chimichanga and taco combo and he loved his too.
there was only one other large group in the restaurant. I can't believe it wasnt packed with their food being so delicious.
give it a try!

• Visited December 2011
Neptune City, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Mexican food i have had since returning from California”
Reviewed January 30, 2011

You would barely know there was a restaraunt there if you were not looking for it. Inside my girlfriend and I found a quiet romantic dinning room. The man who served us was also the cook, and even though he was pulling double duty, he did both excellently. We both ordered the most exspensive item from the "specials menu", shared an appetizer, and the total was less than if we had gone to a chain restaruant. The food was amazing. The appetizzer sampler, each different item was better than the previous, i even tried the jalepeno poppers ( I do not like spicy) and they were delicious. The entrees were more than either of us could finish, even though we gave it our best effort. Hands down, the best Mexican food I have had since I moved back here from California. I can not wait to go back., maybe this time I will have room to try the dessert.

• Visited January 2011
1 Thank ptsfn54a
lucybbear
“Excellent food and ambiance”
Reviewed August 21, 2009

Ate here with a friend last nite based on a review seen elsewhere. Every time we go by there never seems to be anyone eating there, but I'm glad we tried it. The review raved about the freshly made tortilla chips and the mexican shrimp cocktail and we had to agree it was delicious. I ordered a beef chimichanga and my friend orderd beef enchiladas. Both were good sized and exceptional. It was mid week so the dessert selection was sparse and we chose to pass. I would definitely eat here again. The place is impeccably clean, bright and inviting. They do not have a liquor liscense.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Pretty decent. A bit overpriced for food that is the same over at Los Papagaillos down the street, but the ambiance is...”
Reviewed April 30, 2008

Pretty decent. A bit overpriced for food that is the same over at Los Papagaillos down the street, but the ambiance is very romantic and quaint.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook