“Weekend Stay”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Long Branch
Upper Black Eddy, Pennsylvania
“Weekend Stay”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Recently attended a women's conference at this resort. The staff was courteous and quick to respond to any request. The hotel provided meals for our convention and they were superb. The proximity to local restaurants and boutiques is a definite plus. Would highly recommend this hotel for a stay.

Room Tip: Request higher floors with an ocean views. Otherwise you'll be looking at roofs or parking lot
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Sounds from construction pounding through the walls at 7:00 AM. Called front desk and they informed me that construction starts at 7:00 and that I should have been informed at the time I made the reservation. That never happened, so I am writing this review to warn others. I don't expect this at a $250 a night hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Mr_G999
OceanPlace, General Manager at Ocean Place Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you for your review. You'll be pleased to know that our renovations are just a few days away from completion, however we know that doesn't make the disruption during your stay any better. At your convenience, kindly call the resort directly so we may learn more about your stay and allow us an opportunity to regain your trust.
Fairview, New Jersey
Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

Ocean place is under major construction. I stayed two nights for a speech convention.

Pros: new rooms very clean and shore like in a modern way. Nice view for a standard room / convention rate of 159 a night . Walking distance from a wide array of restaurants such as the avenue, sawa and pier house . Large convention rooms with good climate control and clean public areas . I think when they are done this will be lovely nj shore escape but I'm also sure it will be expensive in the summer .

Cons : construction dust and some nasty roach like looking critters noted in the convention rooms most likely due to the construction . I do not think that it is from dirtiness because it's clean . Lack of eating on site because of construction. Front desk services such as a bellman not available early / late hours .

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Robyn W
OceanPlace, General Manager at Ocean Place Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thank you for your review, Robyn. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us during the speech convention! The location of the resort is unbeatable, as we sit right on the Atlantic Ocean, next to Pier Village. We take great pride in the cleanliness of the resort, and do apologize if you noticed any extra dust during your stay. You'll be pleased to know that renovations are just days away from being complete. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and thank you again for your review!
New Jersey
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I stay at the Ocean Place hotel every year for my volunteer job. The hotel was always nice, but it was getting a tired feel. I just stayed this past weekend and my room was beautiful. The furniture and colors was so nice. They even thought of outlets. I don't know how many times I have had I hunt to find enough outlets. But here they added two outlets next to the bed. Perfect for charging your phone. While many public areas of the hotel are still under renovation, if they are following the same thoughts throughout the hotel I'm sure it will be beautiful. One more thing, they will have an indoor and outdoor pool for all season use.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
OceanPlace, General Manager at Ocean Place Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Thank you for your review, donjol. We are thrilled to hear how pleased you are with our renovations. It's always fun for us to hear from guests who have stayed with us for years. We took past suggestions from guests in to consideration when planning the renovations, including more accessible power outlets on the nightstands/desks and in room mini fridges. We are just days away from revealing our new dinning area, lounge, martini bar, fitness center and pool. Thank you again for your review. We're looking forward to welcome you back soon so you may experience all the new and exciting things that Ocean Place Resort has to offer!
nj
Reviewed April 27, 2014

nice lobby, new updated rooms. comfortable beds, nice towels and sheets, super clean. nice, new bathrooms.
most rooms do not have bathtubs and there are only a few rooms that connect
nice ocean views from beds and balconies.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed the renovations. While we chose to upgrade many of our bathrooms to a tile & glass walk in shower, some of our guestrooms do have tubs to accommodate those requests. The resort is situated in such a way that the majority of our rooms have a spectacular, unrestricted view of the ocean and the coastline.

Be sure to join our email list via our website to receive special offers and promotions as well as resort news and update!

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Vernon, New Jersey
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Stayed for the 2014 NJ Marathon and was a little disappointed. The told me the allow dogs, then charged me an additional $50 per night when I got there. Also, the entire place is under construction, my kids were very upset about the indoor pool being closed and again they made no mention of this when I booked. Room was very clean, but I booked a ocean view and got a view of a huge AC unit which was very noisy all night. I would stay again, but not until the construction is done.

• Stayed April 2014
OceanPlace, General Manager at Ocean Place Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. Ocean Place Resort & Spa is a pet friendly resort. We charge a fee as we must treat the room after each pet leaves to ensure all allergens are removed. We will certainly look into the noise of the AC unit, and appreciate you bringing it to our attention. Renovations will be complete in just a few weeks, so we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Belmar, New Jersey
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Spent 3 very relaxing days at this hotel in a newly renovated room. We had a balcony overlooking the ocean with a beautiful view. Check in to check out was seemless and no hassle. Chris was an awesome bellman. And Adam at the front desk was very professional. My friends and I were looking for a couple days to relax by the beach and do nothing. You can order food and drinks on the beach which is a huge plus in my book. The staff was quick and food was great. The hotel also has a tiki bar overlooking the ocean. We were able to sit back and relax with a nice cocktail. We walked around the property and spent some time in the pool ... a couple times i can recall the staff actually taking the time out to see if everything was ok and if we needed anything. My friends and I plan on making this a yearly trip!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank BelmarBeachGirl
OceanPlace, General Manager at Ocean Place Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you for your review. Thank you for your kind words about our staff. It is our ongoing commitment to provide exceptional customer service and it's fulfilling to know that we're doing a great job. Be sure to join our email list via our website to receive special offers and promotions, as well as updates, schedules & news. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Long Branch
Bungalow Hotel
Bungalow Hotel
#2 of 4 in Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
#1 of 6 in Asbury Park
Empress Hotel
Empress Hotel
#2 of 6 in Asbury Park

Been to Ocean Place Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!