“High quality accommodations and service”

Ocean Place Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Long Branch
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We stayed at the hotel for two nights during my son's regional gymnastics meet. Quietness was important for us, so when we complained to the management that the room was close to staircase and people were slamming doors, they moved us up to a higher level and away from stairs. They were very responsive and treated us with respect to let us know we were valued. I would love to go back and stay there next time we go to Jersey shores area.
Many thanks to Adam Baczkowski for his excellent service and letting us know he would go the extra mile to make us feel welcomed and valued.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
OceanPlace, General Manager at Ocean Place Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Thank you for your review, Khaleda! It is our ongoing commitment to provide outstanding and personalized customer service. Adam is a great asset to our team and we will be sure to recognize him for a job well done.

We invite you to join our email list via our website to receive special offers and promotions as well as upcoming events and resort news. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

There are newer reviews for Ocean Place Resort & Spa

Reviewed April 5, 2014

I have had the pleasure of staying at Ocean Place for a convention for 3 years in a row now and am looking forward to staying again and again! I thought the hotel was beautiful before, but it is even more so since their recent renovations. What more can you say about this place, the staff was great, it was super clean, the rooms are beautifully decorated and the view is just perfect --- My suite is always ocean side --- and even though I have only stayed at Ocean Place in March, I always appreciate the serene beauty of our New Jersey beach in the off season.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your review, Stephanie. It's always a pleasure having you and we're pleased to know you love our renovations. While many think the New Jersey coast is only a summer destination, it really is peaceful and relaxing the rest of the year. With Pier Village next door along with our spa, there is much to do even if you aren't here for a convention. Thank again for your review and we looking forward to welcoming you back for years to come!

Reviewed April 5, 2014

This is my second year staying at Ocean Place Resort and Spa, and the quality if anything keeps improving! Our convention was kept interesting by the availability of conference rooms, all decorated differently. The Atlantic Ballroom is beautiful, and atop everything, the ocean is right next door! Completely stunning, can't wait to go back next year.

Room Tip: Try to get a view of the ocean! 7th floor is great but be prepared to take the stairs
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 4, 2014

First of all let me say that the staff were excellent, both courteous and helpful at all times. We only stayed for one night on a bed and breakfast basis. When I booked our stay from England, it said that the hotel was undergoing renovations which should be finished by April 1st. When we arrived on April 3rd they were far from finished. We were given a room overlooking the pool area from which emanated a lot of drilling noise. We could have used the Spa facilities, sauna, steam room, plunge pool etc but, at $15.00 each plus the inevitable taxes and service charge, it didn't seem worthwhile. The booking form said 'room with private bath but we only had a shower. Maybe this was a difference of language, however we were moved into a room with a bath. This wasn't difficult as the hotel was only 11% occupied. Our sleep was accompanied throughout the night by a roaring noise caused by the heating / ventilation system. The beds were very comfortable but, when it got cold in the night, there were no spare blankets in the room so we had to put our bath towels on the bed or extra warmth.
The breakfast voucher stated quite clearly that we were entitled to breakfast in the Ocean View Dining Room, however, as I stated earlier, this area was boarded up and out of commission. We eventually had our breakfast in the bar. The Avocado and granola came minus the banana, almonds and lavender honey that was stated on the menu , nor was there milk served with it, do they eat it dry in Long Branch? The smoked salmon came minus the sweet onion and grilled baby tomatoes, as stated on the menu. I asked for a side of scrambled eggs thinking that it would be quite small as the menu stated two eggs. When it came it seemed like a half dozen eggs had been scrambled, they were tough and served with a strawberry! and a pile of fried potatoes which were not fully cooked.
Would we go back there? Well, I don't know if the prices had been reduced to take into consideration the renovations, if not, we were definitely overcharged for the experience that we had. Maybe it's different in the Summer when everything is up and running but, for the time being, it's very much on the back burner.
One bright spot was our visit to the NJ rep theatre to see the musical 'Date of a Lifetime'. That alone made our visit worthwhile.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jonbake
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

Would stay there again. Totally enjoyed my stay. Quiet clean room and close to the beach. Staff was friendly. Loved the food and drink service on the beach! Will be back again for Rest, Relaxation and Mojitos!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Martha H

Thank you for your review, Martha. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us last summer! Much has changed here since last summer. Our indoor pool and fitness center has moved to the first floor, we have a new restaurant opening in a few weeks and our guest rooms are all completely renovated! Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I came to Ocean Place in January because my condo flooded. I was not looking forward to leave my home and be stranded in a hotel room for a couple of months. Little that I knew that in few days, Ocean Place became "home". I was amazed at the eagerness of every one to help and make my stay so enjoyable. I would send an email to be printed by the staff at the Front Desk and before I get the chance to ask to have it printed, I get a call letting me know that my print is ready.

Mike, Manager of in-house reservation offered me an excellent rate. He greeted me as soon as I arrived and took me around to check different rooms. Michelle, Manager of Front Desk, Rich, Adam, Lorain, Justin, Rosie, to name a few, were great in addressing all my concerns. I can't thank them enough for all what they have done for me and for putting a smile on my face each single day. Food was also great...I didn't have one meal that I didn't care for. Everyone was just so eager to please.

The lobby has this huge fountain and the sound of the running water was so soothing especially in the evening. The rooms are nice and spacious...My room overlooked Pier Village and the coast...breathtaking.

I can't wait to come back when the season begins to enjoy all what Ocean Place has to offer!!

Claudine

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank 40Claudine

Thank you for your review, Claudine. While we're sorry you weren't staying with us on more leisurely terms, it's great to know that you felt so at home with us. We have an incredible team of individuals here that not only provide excellent customer service, they are truly nice people who care about guests and their experience with us. We hope you're all settled in at home now and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

WARNING - I stayed in one of the "renovated" rooms so this review goes for the entire hotel (which is currently under renovation (i.e. you listen to construction until 9:00 p.m. at night.

The location is beautiful - especially if you get an oceanfront room. My out of town family and I have been coming to this hotel since it was a Hilton - ownership has changed several times since then. Sadly, I will never come again. FYI - I am writing this review to warn people because I love the Jersey Shore and I would hate them to waste their money and be stressed out by the terrible service, broken everything, paper-thin walls with no soundproofing and the facilities which are closed down during renovation (i.e. gym, pool, oceanfront diningroom.

I came here to relax - this is what happened:

When I called to make my reservations, I was told that I would be upgraded to an oceanfront room because the last time I stayed the construction was so loud (until 9:00 p.m.at night) that it shook my side of the building. In addition, emergency announcements blared throughout the building at 10:30 p.m. and kept on going off for a 1/2 hour (I was on the 11th floor and didn't know if there was a fire or the system was broken - turned out that the system was broken).

When I checked in, the front desk pulled a "bait and switch" and put me in a coastline view room. The beds in this room face the wall rather than the water - again this was a renovated room. You would have to sit on the balcony (it was 43 degrees) or stand by the sliding glass doors to see the view. I called central reservations and they said that there was an empty oceanfront room (so they should have put me in there in the first place). I asked to be moved to this room and they agreed.

My package included breakfast for two and the front desk confirmed that I wanted a voucher for two breakfasts but only wrote breakfast for one on my voucher.

The bellhop who moved me to the promised oceanfront room (again a newly renovated room) told me that the battery was low on my door security device and that he would send up security. Two security men came, looked at the door and said that they would have to take the whole lock apart to fix the problem. They offered me the alternative of having a traditional key to open the room. Since I wanted to relax in my room, I opted for the traditional key.

I could hear every word that the couple next door was saying (and they were using normal tones). When I nicely mentioned this to the manager, he nervously giggled and said I could make a noise complaint (my "neighbors" weren't being noisy - the problem is that the rooms have no soundproofing.

When I went down to breakfast, the wait staff was lovely except for the manager who was running around like a chicken with her head cut off, had an abrupt German-type accent and took forever to get a pot of coffee.

When I returned to my room to enjoy the view of the sun rising over the ocean the fun really began! I could not get the key to open my door. I called the front desk from the hall phone and Justin assured that he would send up security to open my room. Over the next hour, I called from the hall phone three more times and was assured that security was coming. A lovely woman who was also staying at the hotel advised the front desk that I was still locked out. After an hour of waiting in the hallway, I went down to the front desk where Michael, an incredibly rude person, told me that he had sent up security. I asked him if the manage was in and he said he came in at 9:00 a.m. (they don't have a manager 24/7?). I asked that the manager call me when he got in - as of yet, manager hasn't called....

When I returned to my floor a gentleman from security was there! When I told him that I had been waiting for an hour he said that he had never been contacted by the front desk until a minute before he came and he carries a walkie talkie with him. So the three people who told me that they had called security never did.

The security gentleman was lovely and after he couldn't get the key to work, he looked at it and said "this isn't the key to your room! They gave you the wrong key." He was very distressed that the security men who had been to my room the day before had messed up and he rushed downstairs to get me a new key.

Soooooooooo - I for one am very sad to see this hotel go down the drain like this. Proceed at your own risk - the website says the hotel will be renovated soon - NO WAY IS THIS GOING TO BE DONE - they have another six months of work to do easily.

Save your money and stay at a local Hampton Inn, Marriott or Holiday Inn and drive to the beach. The Jersey Shore is a beautiful place but this hotel will stress you out - not what you need on vacation!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
5  Thank Anthony C
OceanPlace, General Manager at Ocean Place Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Thank you, Anthony, for taking time out of your busy schedule to review your visit to the resort. Guest feedback is critical in understanding our guests needs and how to better our services for future visits.

On behalf of the entire staff at Ocean Place Resort & Spa, please accept my apologies for the experience you've described. The number of unfortunate events listed are unacceptable and for that, I am truly sorry. To better understand the details and specifics of your stay, please contact the resort directly.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Long Branch
Bungalow Hotel
Bungalow Hotel
#2 of 4 in Long Branch
Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel
Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel
#3 of 6 in Asbury Park
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
#1 of 6 in Asbury Park
Cedars & Beeches
Cedars & Beeches
#3 of 4 in Long Branch

Been to Ocean Place Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!