“Newly Renovated Hotel on the Beach”

Ocean Place Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Long Branch
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We spent 1 night here b-c we had a banquet at this hotel. The rooms were just newly renovated and were nice. Service was good. However the only disappoint we had here, was that the indoor pool was closed during our visit. When I made my reservations over the phone, the hotel never mentioned anything about the indoor pool would be closed for renovations. Other that this is nice hotel on the beach.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
OceanPlace, General Manager at Ocean Place Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our newly renovated guest rooms & service. We do apologize that you were unaware of our pool closure. The new indoor pool will be open in mid-spring on the first floor. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,597)

Reviewed February 8, 2014

had a great weekend at the Ocean Place! Mike Taylor the General Manager made sure our group had everything we needed. The Resort is right on the beach and a short walk to fun shops and restaurants. Planning my next trip there!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Dawn V V
OceanPlace, Manager at Ocean Place Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Thank you for your review, Dawn. It was our pleasure serving you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed February 5, 2014

I had such a wonderful weekend at Ocean Place Resort & Spa in Long Branch! Michelle at the front desk greeted me with smiles and enthusiasm when I arrived, and the employee that happened to be on the 12th floor when I got to my room helped me with my bags without my even asking for help! A group of about 18 of us were there to scrapbook for the weekend, and the meeting room we had was spacious and very comfortable!! Every time I looked out the window of this meeting room, my view was of the beautiful ocean! The lovely ladies who checked on us frequently kept us happy with tea and coffee, and made sure the temperature in our room was comfortable!! A huge thank you must go the General Manager, Mike Taylor, who made all this possible for us!! In general, I felt like every time I passed a hotel employee, they had a smile and a hello for me, they were all so genuinely friendly! The hotel itself was so clean, which can't be an easy task considering they are under construction. (I feel like every time I went to the bathroom someone was in there cleaning it! How nice!) The shops and stores were walking distance which was so convenient for us when we went out to eat, and we even got some shopping done!! And our hotel rooms were wonderful, comfy, and the view was AMAZING! I decided to treat myself to a aromatherapy Swedish Massage, and my therapist Hetomi was unbelievable! She was professional, had excellent pressure, and listened to my needs and requests. From when I arrived Friday morning until I left Sunday afternoon, I could not have been more comfortable, happy and relaxed! I highly recommend staying at this wonderful resort and spa!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Heidi H H
OceanPlace, General Manager at Ocean Place Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Thanks for your review, Heidi! It was a pleasure having the group with us for the weekend. It is our ongoing commitment to provide our guests, from the cleanliness of the public bathrooms to the smile on our staff's faces, a comfortable stay. Pier Village, the shops and restaurants mentioned, is just steps away from the resort and provides a number of activities throughout the year. For those looking for a little extra relaxation, The Spa at Ocean Place provides a tranquil setting and our therapists do not disappoint. Be sure to join our email list via our website to stay current on resort news and receive exclusive offers. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Great weekend away with the girls!! Wonderful experience from the moment we checked in. Beautiful hotel, spacious, newly remodeled rooms with a spectacular view of the ocean. Very attentive staff made sure that everything was to our satisfaction...., and it was! Mike Taylor, the General Manager and his staff made sure we were comfortable during our entire weekend stay. I was able to schedule a massage while I was there and it was awesome!! and......... I really loved the location ... just a short walk over to Pier Village where there was a nice variety of food choices and of course SHOPPING!!

Room Tip: I was on the 12th Floor and loved the view it gave of the ocean and the Pier Village area - especial...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jackie S

Thank you for sharing your experience, Jackie. Our location and newly renovated rooms combine with top notch customer service makes for great escape year round! While the majority of our guest rooms offer views of the ocean, the high floors offer spectacular views of the coast. On a clear day, you can actually see Manhattan from the North facing rooms. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Just got back from an awesome, relaxing weekend at the Ocean Place Resort & Spa in Long Branch. After a frigid start to winter, temperatures soared into the 40s, giving us a beautiful sunny view of the beach right outside our meeting room on the second floor. The staff was very accommodating - from Krisztina and Jacki in catering sales, to Serpil and Wesley who were our contacts on the floor. With their attention to detail, they made our scrapbook weekend a huge success and an A+ experience for all!

Room Tip: Because the hotel was built perpendicular to the ocean, all rooms are ocean view! The higher the fl...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank carolyn t
OceanPlace, General Manager at Ocean Place Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Thank you for your feedback, Carolyn! It's always wonderful to have our employee's recognized specifically for their outstanding service. Our meeting space you mentioned, has spectacular ocean views year round with floor to ceiling windows facing directly East. Thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

I've had the opportunity to stay at this great hotel on the beach last year around this time too fir a business meeting.

It's a price performer, they are very accommodating and it's a nice facility. The work that's currently going on now will set this place on a path to being a top notch beach resort.

I stayed in a spectacular ocean front room that's been updated and it quite nice. I'd love to come back done day when the weathers nice like May or June.

All in all it's a great place to stay and host meetings.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. Above all else, it's our ongoing commitment to provide excellent customer service to our guests with us on both on business and leisure travel. We're pleased to know you've enjoyed your time with us on a numerous occasions. We are very excited to present a new guest room product and updated public spaces this year.

Thank you again for your feed back and we look forward to welcoming you back on both your business and leisure travels.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Wonderful Winter Weekend Get-Away! We really enjoyed a relaxing weekend at the Ocean Place Resort & Spa. The rooms were renovated so beautifully, the Cafe was wonderful, the Spa Services were Phenomenal, and just a short walk over to Pier Village. There was no waiting, lines or reservations needed this time of year and it was so nice to enjoy the spectacular views and salty air. So very relaxing and peaceful here. We will be back for sure in the Summer and again in the Winter! Thank you.

Room Tip: Views of the Ocean and/or Pier Village are picture worthy. Some rooms have double beds or pull out...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Deb4343

Thank you for your review, Deb! As you mentioned, the resort & surrounding area offers has much offer year round. While summer is exciting and lively, a winter escape offers a serene & relaxing getaway. We invite you to join our email list via our website to stay current on resort news, as well as receive special promotions & exclusive offers.

A quick correction to the 'room tip': our bed types offered are either two queens* or one king with a sofa that pulls out.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back for years to come!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Long Branch
Bungalow Hotel
Bungalow Hotel
#2 of 4 in Long Branch
3 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
#2 of 3 in West Long Branch
Cedars & Beeches
Cedars & Beeches
#3 of 4 in Long Branch

Been to Ocean Place Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!