“Great Weekend Getaway”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Long Branch
Clifton, New Jersey
“Great Weekend Getaway”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We spent the weekend at Ocean Place in Long Branch. Hotel and service was excellent. Buffet breakfast and restuarant had great food. Happening TIkki bar. Free parking and access to beach.

If you stay there ask for a renovated room as they are so much nicer than old ones.

The only negative is that non-hotel guests are allowed to stay on beach.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TravelBuddy799

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Came here for the night with a friend for a day of relaxation. We arrived at the hotel early and were able to get an early check in. We were in one of the newly renovated rooms. I wasn't too impressed with the room and would def. recommend requesting a newly renovated room as I can't imagine what the non renovated rooms would be like.

The beach access is great. I wish that they sold day passes to come back and enjoy the beach there. Everything seemed to go downhill at lunch. We went to their restaurant outside for lunch around 12pm. Lunch took 2 hours. We requested to speak to a manager countless times and I even went to the front desk twice for help to no avail.

Our relaxing beach/spa day was quickly turned into a stressful afternoon. Additionally, beach service, aside from chairs and umbrellas, was discontinued for the day. I requested the manager call me as they were impossible to find and am still waiting on the call...

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank LaurCK
Staten Island
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This was my fourth stay at the Ocean Place and I've been critical in the past of the hotel's run down nature, lack of room amenities and extremely high prices, but this time (by sheer luck) I was given one of the recently renovated rooms, and I have to say, it was a night and day difference. The newly renovated rooms are beautiful. Virtually all of the complaints with the older rooms have been addressed -- there are huge new TVs, new refrigerators (still no microwave), gorgeous and functional furnishings throughout. Considering the prices, the old rooms were embarrassingly dated and bare-bones; we stayed anyway because in spite of that, the views are spectacular (even the coast line rooms that don't directly face the ocean), the pool and beach and waterfront balconies are wonderful, and most of the Jersey Shore's other choices are far worse than the Ocean Place was. These new rooms (10th floor and above for now) are much more commensurate with the hotel's prices. Though the hotel's staff is predominantly quite young, the service they gave to us was flawless. The Ocean Place is still not a five star resort, but I'm glad to see that the hotel took feedback from its customers regarding the rooms seriously, particularly given its lack of competition along the NJ shore.

Room Tip: Until the entire hotel is renovated, make sure you get a newly renovated room. If you can get an oce...
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed June 26, 2013

After reviewing the website, Ocean Place (even though the prices seemed high) looked like it was a slice of heaven. This was a long a rough year for my family and I.
My room was changed 3 times due to the following:
1.Bug issue in the bathroom. Ants crawling in my bag and all over the sink.
2.Fire - Alarm lights going off at 2AM. With 2 children and NO instructions it was like being in a nightmare. The kids woke up and were nervous. It was hard enough to get my daughter to stay so close to the ocean after Hurricane Sandy. When I called down to the front desk there was no answer and I couldn't leave the kids..
3. The AC was dripping water and our bags in the closet were literally soaked. All my clothes stunk and of course other then my PJ's that was all I brought with me.
4. The Staff (Other then Michelle) seemed unhelpful and disinterested. In all honesty it was not until MICHELE serviced us that I started to smile.
5. I ordered room service for the kids and every time the order was brought up missing food, drinks, plates etc.

I will say the town is nice and the beach is one of my favorites. BUT for 400 plus a night I was expecting a cleaner room and help moving each time I was moved to the same dingy room. The final move (3) was updated however the linnens were filthy, the bathroom shower leaked water and again we saw ants in the bathroom.

The plan was to stay for a few days and then book a weeks vacation with family and our kids. I think if they had better management the little things would be fixed quickly. When people are spending $$big bucks to vacation they do not want to deal with any of the above. It really stinks bc I love long branch and was looking forward to taking a week off.

Room Tip: request a new room in the BLUE section with a ocean view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Christine L
Parsippany, New Jersey
Reviewed June 26, 2013

The first time I visited Long Branch and the Ocean Place was 5 years ago. I enjoyed it very much and have never been disappointed! The hotel, amenities, and Pier Village offer more than any other location at the Jersey shore I've ever been to. I have stayed at the hotel solo, with family and friends and most recently as a couple. The hotel is upscale with live music on the weekends and many other amenities. Everything is convenient and within walking distance and the hotel staff and management is extremely accomodating and very personable and friendly. I've stayed at the Ocean Place twice so far this summer and look forward to going back for more long weekends. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for an upscale resort with great service and excellent location in Long Branch. It is defintiely my favorite!

Room Tip: I have stayed in five different rooms over the past 5 years and all the rooms offer virtually simili...
1 Thank Pattigia
New Hampton, New York
Reviewed June 25, 2013

After long and tedious school year, my husband and I decided to get away for a few days. After seeing Ocean Place Resort and Spa, it seemed to be just what we were looking for. Unfortunately, I did not read guest reviews until right before we left. But I figured I would wait and judge for myself. Ocean Place has the potential to be a perfect get away, but unfortunately it definitely falls short of perfection. The rooms are highly overpriced for what you get. The room was clean enough, but in desparate need of a makeover, new carpeting, etc. The shower in the bathroom leaked all over the floor. But honestly even though there were many families vacationing there, it was very quiet where our room was located. There was no book in the room that you find in all hotels, to inform you about the attractions in the area, for example: shopping, good restaurants, churches, etc. It was difficult to find an employee to answer any questions. My husband stood waiting for an employee to finish a telephone conversation, so he could ask her some questions abou the spa services. She never acknowledged him, so he left. The "spa" rooms seemed to consist of several oversized closets, nothing like it was presented on the internet website. Overall the hotel was very disappointing, and I would not return to it or recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Our corner room was very quiet and the ocean front view was wonderful.
4 Thank Posie T
South Florida, Florida
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I just stayed at the Ocean Place Resort for over two weeks in June. I first have to praise the customer service at this hotel. Everyone from the Bellboy to the Front Desk staff and beach crew was so extremely nice, helpful and went above and beyond for my family and I. They have a great Tiki Bar, their own beach, a great pool that overlooks the ocean, an indoor pool and spa amenities. The rooms were very clean, but they do need some updating, which I know the resort is starting up again in the Fall. We had a King Sized Bedroom that overlooked the pool and we could also so a great view of the shoreline and ocean and Pier Village. It was a very big room and the sheets and bed were very comfortable. Another thing that I should mention is that you have to go all the way outside on the ground level to get your wristbands and towels for the pool. Having two small children, I wish they could have accommodated me on the same level as the pool. You are in walking distance to great shops and restaurants. I couldn't have been happier and my family and I had a great time! Bravo for the customer service.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 421 and we had a great view of the ocean, pool and the fireworks that go off every...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jennifer R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Long Branch
Bungalow Hotel
Bungalow Hotel
#2 of 4 in Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
#1 of 6 in Asbury Park
La Quinta Inn West Long Branch
La Quinta Inn West Long Branch
#2 of 3 in West Long Branch

Been to Ocean Place Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!