“sweet sixteen”

Ocean Place Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Long Branch
Reviewed June 12, 2013

when stephanie promised me 'white glove service' for my twins' sweet sixteen i wasn't sure she was aware that i had hosted hundreds of parties and had seen it all. but stephanie, kal and the rest of the wonderful staff far exceeded my expectations. from the level of service to the food to the professionalism to the attention to detail to the ambience....everything was just perfect!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nagwa A
Write a ReviewReviews (1,597)

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We apent one night at the hotel to attend a wedding in the area. The room was clean and spacious, albeit a bit dated (we did not get a renovated room). The beach service was excellent - we got chairs, towels and umbrellas with no hassle and the food and drink service was an added bonus. There was live music playing near the Tiki bar and the place was hopping. Did not have a chance to use the spa. Would definitely return if we could get a good deal - the rack room rates are pretty high.

Room Tip: Try to get a high floor with anaocean view - also if you can afford to get a renovated room - they a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I got a hotel/spa package and was not dissapointed. This was not the first time I went there, so I knew what to expect. The rooms are average size, but they are clean and well appointed. I don't normally eat at the hotel, because the restaurants at the new boardwalk are plentiful, the food is delicious and the views spectacular - and are within walking distance.

Room Tip: This hotel has a great view of the shore, ask to stay at one of the higher floors as the lower might...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2013

My sister & I stayed the weekend of June 1st, 2013 for her birthday. We started off by being greeted by Ms. Davis at the front desk who was so pleasant and courteous. After speaking with her and informed her of her birthday, we were upgraded to the newly renovated room n the 12th floor overlooking the ocean! It was spectacular! The staff was wonderful, always greeted by a big smile by everyone. Love the Pier Village and knowing that you do not need to use your car while you are there. We enjoyed the live music and a few cocktails at the Tiki Bar! This was my 2nd trip and I look forward to my next visit. (Simple trip from Westchester County, NY)

Judy - Bedford, NY

Room Tip: 12th Floor - Newly Renovated!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank judy f
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We attended a regional conference for educational professionals, and I was looking forward to being at a hotel on the Jersey Shore as I'm originally from NJ. Despite the fact that my school was paying for my two night stay at a hotel and the conference - no expense on my part - I was truly disappointed at what I thought would be a pleasant stay at a "spa resort". So many issues at this hotel, from the little details to the big items. Starting with the appearance and condition of our room, like others have mentioned, chipped, scratched, dirty, worn cabinets and dressers, flickering bathroom lights, a shower head that was so loose the water sprayed straight down and I had to hold it in place to get the water to hit my body rather than the drain. My friend and I laughed when we entered the outdoor pool jacuzzi area - the jacuzzi had cool water and no jets. Fortunately the pool was clean but the lounge chairs were worn and looked dirty - as most of the hallways looked. And I have to comment on the housekeeping. When we arrived we had no cups for the coffee maker and only one water glass for a double room. No problem, but when we called down for what we lacked, no one ever came. This happened several times. They were really nice at the front desk for any problem but never showed to correct. We also thought the $12 additional charge to the room for parking, paper, and Internet was a joke as there is ample parking space, the "paper" was a very local circular, and WiFi is no longer really considered a luxury add on. The view is good if you demand a front ocean view if not you'll be looking at a side view and predominantly the roofs of the adjoining buildings. Sorry I couldn't be more positive.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank santafegal54
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Dingy, threadbare and worn. Could not relax in the room ....felt dirty. Had to ask the maid to change the comforter as there were stains on it.
Huge grand main entry but not a doorman or bell hop to be seen the entire stay. Drag that luggage yourself!!
Disappointing especially for the heavy cost per night. Construction on their renovations(not Sandy related) started at 9AMand the hammering and drilling continued all day. At over $300 a night, they should do more for their visitors to make up for the uncomfortable conditions. At least a free breakfast. Hotel management school might help.

Room Tip: Don't bother.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank dwnstate
Reviewed May 15, 2013

My two daughters and I stayed for Mother's Day weekend and it was awesome.
We had a very comfortable room with a nice coastal view. We understand they are going through renovations right now but we were not bothered by it at all. Can't wait to see the results when they are done. Our favorite part of the weekend, besides just being together, was visiting the Spa. We originally had a package that included one spa treatment the first day we arrived. We loved it so much all three of us went back the next day for additional facials and massages.
The staff in the hotel and the spa were all very pleasant, helpful and made us feel so comfortable.
We are certainly going back this summer! We were very happy with the indoor pool and are excited to go back this summer to use the outdoor pool and the beach area. The breakfast buffet offered so many choices of fresh, delicious food. We love the fresh fruit too! Thank you to all of the staff, hotel & spa, for the best Mother's Day a mom could wish for!
Elizabeth, Staten Island, NY

Room Tip: We were on the seventh floor with a coastal view, it was great, watched surfers while having our mor...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Long Branch
Bungalow Hotel
Bungalow Hotel
#2 of 4 in Long Branch
3 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
#2 of 3 in West Long Branch
Cedars & Beeches
Cedars & Beeches
#3 of 4 in Long Branch

Been to Ocean Place Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!