This hotel is in a good location, right on a sandy beach, near a small shopping complex. It is a full service hotel, with restaurant, pool, pool side bar, beach side bar, buffet breakfast. The rooms are fairly nice, comfortable bed and bedding, sl shabby, nice beach view from upper floor, side of hotel, facing north. We visited in last summer, ideal weather, very crowded. Many of the facilities, restaurant, pool were more crowded than I like. The beach was perfect. Nice chair lounges, umbrellas, beach attendants to help. Water temp in August is perfect.
On arrival, our room was not ready so we checked our bags. They have a system that you have to be checked in and have an armband to use towels and the locker room, and the beach, but no one told us. So, despite being guests of the hotel, they wouldn't let us walk on the beach, until we went back to the desk, then back to the locker room to then go back to the beach. Apparently, all the NJ people are used to having this type of system, but I found it annoying. Then we couldn't buy a drink at the beach shack, because we didn't have ID on us, I didn't know you had to take your driver's license to the beach. Since our party was all in our 50's and 60's, I was surprised to have a 21 ( possibly) y o bartender, from Croatia, telling me I had to get my driver's license, this is NJ law. Well, I've been going to NJ beaches more than 30 years,and this was a first.
In spite of some annoyances, we had a great time at the shore, ate at nearby restaurants and bars ( where no one asked for ID), has some nice walks and runs on the beach and enjoyed it. I give the location a 4-5 for the beach, the hotel accommodations 3-4, and I hope they get some new management.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape from everyday life, and retreat to Ocean Place Resort & Spa in Long Branch, New Jersey- an elegant oasis of white sand beaches, gentle breezes, and enchanting waterfront vistas.Located on a pristine stretch of shoreline, Ocean Place is the premier New Jersey Shore hotel. Select from 256 guest rooms, including five luxury suites, each delightfully and finely appointed.Indulge in limitless recreation at our Jersey beach hotel- including two swimming pools, a private beach, oceanfront promenade, and access to nearby championship golf.Ocean Place offers a tranquil escape in a breathtaking location along the Jersey Shore. Discover the ultimate family vacation and weekend beach retreat - peaceful and refreshing, with a world-class European spa and tantalizing dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Ocean Place Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Place Hotel Long Branch
- Ocean Place Resort And Spa
- Ocean Place Long Branch
- Ocean Long Branch
- Ocean Place Resort Spa