“Great Spa”
Review of Spa at Ocean Place

Spa at Ocean Place
Ranked #6 of 14 things to do in Long Branch
Reviewed August 29, 2012

It was a very nice spa. They squeezed me in the same day and I found the prices to be comparable if not less than what I would spend elsewhere.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Just love the Ocean Place. Just went there for Mother's Day Brunch with my family and it was fabulous!!!

Reviewed May 3, 2012

I went with 7 other girls for a spa day as part of a bachelorette party. We all had varying experiences. Generally, the massages were good, not fantastic. Two of the girls who got facials had the same person do their facials and both had a major problem. One of them had her hair pulled when it somehow got stuck in the table and the person doing the facial continued to try to move her. The other one had the horrendous experience of the woman doing the facial pulling the towel off of her face and having her nose ring ripped out with it!

1  Thank AHK212
Reviewed April 25, 2012

My girlfriend and I booked 2 services each and was looking forward to the amenities of the spa.

If you're going to this spa for the amenities, don't even bother! The spa clearly has not had a facelift or renovations in at least 15 years. The steam room smelled like feet with green stuff (mold?) near the pipe that released steam, some of the pipes were exposed. The small spa jacuzzi (3 person limit) had so much chlorine, it hurt your nose and the seating was metal so getting in you had to be careful. The sauna was broken and dingy. Overall, the spa does not have the clean spa feel you expect a spa to have.

The services itself was ok, not bad not great but I don't think the price they charge of $135 for a 50 minute service plus the mandatory 20% gratuity they tack is completely overpriced for what you are getting!

To top it off, when it came to pay with an Ocean Palace gift card that was given to me, I was told it was invalid due to a bankruptcy ruling that was just finalized 2 weeks ago! I was not a happy camper considering when I booked 3 weeks earlier, I mentioned my gift card and gave them the number for validation and they confirmed it was good. All they can tell me is I'm sorry that was the previous owner, we can't do anything! Clearly the new owner does not care about getting new clients!

Thats the first and last time they're getting my money!

5  Thank Shari R
Reviewed April 23, 2012

and also expensive! High priced spa services for average treatments. The treatment staff do their job both the other staff is quite questionable.

1  Thank pji