“A place worth visiting for relaxation”
Review of Cedars & Beeches

Cedars & Beeches
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Long Branch
Reviewed July 19, 2008

Lovely B&B. I received a warm greeting from the desk clerk, who checked me in and showed me to my room. The bed was comfy and breakfast on the front porch was pleasant. I selected oatmeal, yogurt, fresh fruit, juice and coffee. Service was perfectly timed by the B&B owner who was personable and warm.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk

Reviewed June 15, 2008

We booked this B&B for a last minute one night getaway on a weeknight. After booking, we checked out tripadvisor.com and were apprehensive, considering all of the bad reviews! Luckily we had a lovely stay. The Queen room we stayed in was bright and pretty, as was the rest of the house. The staff was really helpful and pleasant, and we felt welcome for the duration of the visit. (Some reviewers found the innkeepers to be distant, cold and rude, but from our point of view, the owner was polite. Definitely not the warmest woman in the world or a "typical" innkeeper, but she was fine.) The breakfast was "continental" but was plentiful. Finally, we found the B&B to be very reasonable - $130 for a weeknight stay, far more economic than other accommodations in the area.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed August 9, 2007

My boyfriend and I stayed at this B&B for two nights along with two other couples. Although the house itself is very nice, the man and woman who ran the B&B could not have been more unpleasant and rude. Not only were they impolite, unhelpful, and brash to the six of us, but also it was evident that they were similarly disrespectful to the staff members who work there, including the waitresses. Although I could give several examples, two are telling. When we requested towels to use at the beach (after all, the B&B is located just a few blocks from the ocean), the manager not only seemed annoyed that we would request towels, but offered only to give us tiny bathmats that were no longer in use by the B&B because they had stains and holes. When we returned from the beach at the conclusion of our two night stay, we asked if we could use a restroom before catching a train back home. In response, the manager rudely told us that he would not allow us to use a restroom because there were no “public” restrooms for use at the B&B. At that point I must have had a look of bewilderment on my face that, in spite of having spent a considerable amount of money between the six of us to stay for two nights, we were not even permitted to use an employee restroom before departing! The manager then rudely quipped “how come you look so surprised?” I seriously cannot believe that this B&B is able to stay in business given the fact that customers often choose a B&B (as opposed to a hotel) because of the “homey” and cordial atmosphere they usually provide. This B&B is definitely one to be avoided.

Stayed: August 2007
8  Thank ah2222
Naples, FL
Reviewed June 16, 2006

I stayed at the Bed & Breakfast for 4 nights. The room was very quaint, clean, and gave a feeling as if you were at home. The breakfast was delightful and the atmosphere the B&B was comforting. Since I stayed 4 nights, I had to dine out for lunch and dinner, which got pretty pricey. I guess most B&B's don't have a fridge in mirco in the room, but some places have a general fridge and microwave that everyone can use. I paid a total of $850.00 for 4 nights in one of their least expensive rooms. The location of the B&B is safe and quite. It's near the mall; hour drive from Siz Flags Theme Park; places within a few miles to dine out. Overall, it was very relaxing and comforting. Just wish they had a fridge and microwave. =)

• Stayed: June 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
mnpls
Reviewed June 9, 2006

My husband and I stayed at this B&B a few years ago just for one night. It was our first stay in a B&B, and although the house was charming and the breakfast adequate...our room was nothing special and hot. The woman innkeeper was very abrasive and seemed almost snobbish and superior acting to us. She was not very friendly to say the least. The next night we stayed in the city and I left there wishing we would have spent both nights at the hotel in Manhattan rather than one night at Cedars and Beeches and the other in Manhattan. I do not recommend this B & B, as it left a bad taste in my mouth.

Stayed: August 2004
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
West Newbury Ma.
Reviewed April 30, 2006

Cedars and Beaches, Long Branch N.J.
May 1, 2006

I have with my wife and son, a student at Monmouth University have enjoyed at least four stays at Cedars & Beaches. Our travel time from the Boston area is around 6.5 hours. After the trip to N.J. I am always so happy to arrive at Cedars and Beaches.
The accommodations are so comfortable you almost feel as though you have arrived home.
The Inn is very clean and the Inn keeper is a delightful person. Every staff member we have spoken with have been more than polite and helpful.
On one of our returns to Boston the Inn keeper baked some extra muffins and packaged them up for our return trip.
This is one First Class Place.
I will be at the Inn next week looking so forward to this visit.

Paul Delaney

• Stayed: September 2005
Connecticut
Reviewed August 7, 2005

A very special weekend was planned with family and friends and this looked like such a beautiful B&B to stay in. I must preface this with I have stayed in many B&B's throughout the Northeast and this by far was one of the more unpleasant stays that I have had. The innkeeper was not friendly or inviting as one would expect when staying in a B&B and that impression set the tone for the weekend. Although I must say that the food was wonderful and the house and grounds were charming. But I would not stay again, especially for the amount of money that was spent. I believe the tone is set by the innkeepers, and by the chilly reception that my party experienced and received throughout the entire weekend it really ruined the whole B&B atmosphere and made us most uncomfortable. I would not suggest going back again.

• Stayed: June 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Long Branch
Bungalow Hotel
Bungalow Hotel
#2 of 4 in Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
Homewood Suites by Hilton Eatontown
Empress Hotel
Empress Hotel
#2 of 6 in Asbury Park

Been to Cedars & Beeches? Share your experiences!