“Great Italian BYOB”

Dining style: Casual Dining
New Jersey
“Great Italian BYOB”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Went to Ciao last weekend with a group of friends. Had an 8 o'clock reservation and the table was ready when we arrived. The restaurant was packed as it was a Saturday, so reservations are a must. The food was some of the best Italian we have had in this area. We had the calamari with arugala as an appetizer which was delicious, crisy with a light batter, I could have eaten another order by myself. For dinner I had the Fettuccine with shitake mushrooms, asparagus and truffle oil, it was to die for, so much flavor. I would definately reccomend this. My BF had the veal cutlet served atop ravioli which was also very good. Dessert was the chocolate cake which was dense and rich, sending one into chocolate overload, worth every bite. Service was good, attentive to our needs, the fact that it is BYOB makes it even better. Can't wait to go back and try something new, or maybe I will just have the fettuccine again.

• Visited April 2012
3 Thank JerseyGrl121

Oceanport, New Jersey
“Great Food, and Service”
Reviewed March 6, 2012

I went to the new Ciao Italian restaurant in Long Branch last month. The food was excellent. The wait staff was super.
We had the clams as an appetizer and they were "to die for.” I had the seafood special of Halibut that was sweet and moist. My companion as the Veal shank that was delicious. Overall, the best new place in town!!

• Visited February 2012
4 Thank Deborah B
New Jersey
“Great new restaurant! We will be going back often.”
Reviewed February 2, 2012

This recently opened restaurant exceeded our expectations! The service was attentive from the moment we walked in, and all four of us were impressed with the high quality of the food. The special broccoli-cheese soup made with Guinness was seasoned perfectly, and not heavy at all. I had the buffalo mozzarella appetizer, served with roasted red peppers, and loved it, and the Caesar salad got high marks too. Each of us had a different entree and each of us loved our meals - my salmon with lemon-caper sauce from the menu was light and delicious, and apparently the Bolognese pasta was fabulous too. Best of all, the bill was very reasonable and it's BYOB

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank AmyGNewJersey
West Allenhurst
“Wonderful overall experience”
Reviewed February 2, 2012

My husband and I first experienced Ciao at the grand opening and had a terrific meal, from start to finish. We recently returned with friends and were not disappointed. The staff are attentive without being intrusive and know the menu from top to bottom. The appetizers were great and the main courses even better. The atmosphere is intimate and inviting. We are looking forward to our next chance to dine there! Congratulations Mark and Mary Pat on your wonderful restaurant.

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank AmyK443
Rumson, New Jersey, United States
“Sublime ,food service and atmosphere”
Reviewed January 23, 2012

My Girl friend and I had New years eve at ciao and all I can say was it was perfection in everyday.
The food was spectacular and the presentation to die for.
The staff is friendly and attentive without hovering.
Mark and Mary re destined for greatness with this place.
There menu is unbelievable and everything is hand made.
It's fairly priced and has become our new favorite spot for date night.
I can not give this place. Anything but a ten with oak leaf cluster

Visited January 2012