“Hip!”
Review of Bungalow Hotel

Bungalow Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Long Branch
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Very cool experience at The Bungalow. Super modern and laidback. I loved everything about this place, from the music in the lobby to the pleasant nature of the people working there to the clean and sleek rooms. My room was called "Aloha" (they have a surf theme!) It was the most inexpensive room but it was huge! I would definitely stay here again! Thank you.

Room Tip: You won't be disappointed opting for the more inexpensive room. The room called "Aloha&quo...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Hope S
Lisa M, Manager at Bungalow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Many thanks, Hope S. for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of Bungalow. We are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay and were impressed with our hotel and service. We look forward to your visit again! Regards, Lisa M. and our entire staff.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

I have been in the hospitality industry my entire career which makes me very observant as well as critical regarding services received from venues. Unfortunately, I did not have the opportunity to stay at your lovely hotel, but did have the pleasure of meeting with Mr. Smith. He is certainly an asset to your establishment and you are very lucky to have him represent your business. He took his time to answer questions regarding availability as well as rates. He is a seasoned professional which was evident in his demeanor and the time he spent with me. With the Jersey Shore booming with summer business, I would certainly make sure Mr. Smith is being compensated for his dedication and knowledge, employees of his statue are hard to come by these days.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank JudeMonmouthBeach_NJ
Lisa M, Manager at Bungalow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge Donald with such kind words. He is truly a valued part of our team who excels in customer service. Our staff makes every effort to ensure customer satisfaction beyond expectations. We look forward to having you visit again and hopefully give us the opportunity to impress you further with the comfort of staying in one of our charming rooms.
Wishing you all the best, Lisa M.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Fell in love with this hidden hotel located in Pier Village. My friends and I wanted to get away without going so farrr away! This was just the place! Pier Village has an array of options and the staff was amazing in guiding us to all the area had to offer (especially the Avenue! The food was delicious and they had a great crowd for off season). The room was beautiful, CLEAN and the bed was AMAZING!(best bed I have ever slept on), which fit all three of us comfortably. Upon check out we decided to book our same room for the summer! We will be back BUNGALOW!! :)

Room Tip: The Hangloose room is perfect for a small group of 3! It was a bit larger than the Aloha without a H...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Courtney V
Lisa M, Manager at Bungalow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Thank you Courtney V. for taking the time to share your experience with us. I agree our location in Pier Village has many dining options anf fun shops. We take much pride in our hotels accomodations and are happy that your stay was amazing! We look forward to welcoming you back this summer. Best wishes!

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Chic Hotel in Long Branch. We only could stay one night-wish we could have stayed longer.
Greeted with excellent service in a really cool lobby (bar and pool table -very eclectic art) Our room (201) was a very large suite. Sitting room with fireplace ,couches and a table with chairs off the bedroom. Beautiful bathroom with open tub area, lot's of towels,shampoo and soap and a large walk in shower. Little extras like fresh flowers and candles were throughout. We also had a very nice size balcony that had 2 oversized chairs and a nice view of the ocean a block away. Extremely clean and GREAT location. Walking distance to boardwalk/beach, shopping, coffee shops and restaurants. Parking provided in parking garage. Loved the uniqueness of the Hotel-The lobby staff was pleasant and extremely nice to us. We can't wait to go back and stay longer!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank EMSSPERR
Lisa M, Manager at Bungalow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Bungalow. We are happy to hear you were impressed with our hotel and staff services and enjoyed all the wonderful things that our surroundng village has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Wishing you all the best!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Located a block from the boardwalk in Long Branch, so unfortunately no beach views.

24 rooms. Very modern design by bravolebrities Robert and Cortney Novogratz (featured on Bravo TV's "Nine by Design" and in their book: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1579654991?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creativeASIN=1579654991&linkCode=xm2&tag=washpost-travel-20).

Public spaces spacious and clean, pop art motif. Small bar on main floor, no gym (though guests can use Gold's Gym nearby for $10) nor dining (though dining plentiful on boardwalk a block away, and there is a bakery next door).

Rooms were clean, well designed, whitewashed floors and white walls. Beds comfortable, no road noise to interfere with sleep. One minor quibble is that, at least in our room, some of the features were placed too high for my 5 foot tall wife to reach.

It is a delightful property and we would happily stay here on another trip to the Jersey Shore.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David S
Lisa M, Manager at Bungalow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear David S,

Thank you for your review. It was our pleasure to have you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Best wishes for our Bungalow Team

Reviewed March 21, 2014

My only experience with this establishment is based on a reservation made and cancelled. I booked a suite for two nights for this week, but had cancelled it eight months ago after reading some disappointing reviews. At 12:30am, today, our family was awakened by that "middle of the night call" we all fear brings terrible news. Fortunately, it was only a rude staff member of the hotel calling to inform us that our credit card would now be charged, as we had not yet checked in. We were confused, because we are actually booked at another establishment arriving today. This morning when I checked my credit card account, I found that my card had been charged for the full amount of our "cancelled stay". I called this morning and they had no record of cancellation, but rather us checking in today. I am glad to say I kept the emailed confirmation of cancellation or it was apparent I would have had no resolution. Upon several attempts at email receipt acknowledgement, they finally replied Hello "again" Mrs... and that "the funds were released and would again be available to me", as if I was financially paralyzed by their ineptness. This statement is truly one of the rudest and most condescending responses I've ever seen. We will never experience this hotel to share our "in person" experience!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CEC1024
Lisa M, Manager at Bungalow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

“Hello CEC1024,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with the TripAdvisor community and our team regarding your recent experience with the Bungalow Hotel. We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused as a result of our hotel staff’s actions. Please be assured that we have addressed this issue with the appropriate staff in an effort to prevent this from occurring again. At the Bungalow Hotel, it is always our goal to provide our guests with a truly memorable experience, and I am sorry that we were not given the chance to welcome you in person. Guest satisfaction is very important to us. I sincerely thank you for bringing your issue to our attention. Should you wish to discuss your experience further, do not hesitate to contact me directly at lisa@bungalowhotel.net. We hope that we are given the opportunity to welcome you to the hotel and improve upon your past experience with the Bungalow Hotel. Best wishes from Lisa and our Bungalow team”

Reviewed March 13, 2014

I stayed here during one of the several snow storms. All I have to say is this place is fantastic. The lobby was something out of an HGTV show, so elegant yet trendy. Big focal point is the floor-to-ceiling picture of a Queen Elizabeth II stamp, made entirely of ivory buttons no less. The room was comfortable. All white with color accents (i.e. the rug, wall fixtures, lamps, etc.) very very chic and THE MOST COMFORTABLE BED I HAVE EVER HAD THE PRIVILEGE OF LAYING MY BODY ON...if I could've fit it in my suitcase I would've taken it home. Seriously you don't know what comfort is until you wrap yourself in that down comforter on that bed, trust me. Its location within a residential/commercial complex was different, but in a good way. Its not full service, so being surrounded by a dozen various restaurants to choose from was awesome. And the fact that people actually live around the hotel, everywhere had a good crowd so you never feel alone or awkward. The front desk attendants were helpful and cheery, very accommodating. Overall, I would definitely suggest a stay here. Its a nice little getaway.

Room Tip: go with the hangloose room, little more room then their standard but it really makes the difference
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank DJ H
Lisa M, Manager at Bungalow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this fantastic review of the Bungalow Hotel. I am pleased to hear that our team has dellivered a great experience during your stay with us and that you found our hotel to be comfortable and its location inviting and enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you back again! Best wishes.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
The Asbury Hotel
The Asbury Hotel
#1 of 6 in Asbury Park
Homewood Suites by Hilton Eatontown

Been to Bungalow Hotel? Share your experiences!