“Great Stay!”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Long Branch
San Diego, California
“Great Stay!”
Reviewed November 17, 2011

I recently visited the Bungalow for a small get away with my boyfriend and I was blown away! We purchased the romance package and when we got there we had chocolate covered strawberries and champagne set up in the room and dinner over at the Avenue. It was a perfect little getaway, my only complaint is that I was only able to stay one night... I will recommend this hotel to all my friends and family.

Room Tip: Ask about their package deals.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DKNJ54

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Long Branch, New Jersey
Reviewed November 8, 2011

My girlfriend and I just stayed the past weekend at the Bungalow Hotel. I have stayed there previously and must have been on a good night. Last Friday night the 2 bedroom suite for $750 did not have heat. The GM of the hotel stated that he would make sure that they would take care of the issue in the morning and I thought that after all the inconvience they would at least cut the rate in half, if not remove the charge since we sat in the living area in coats and scarves to stay warm. They gave us a room across the hall from the suite to sleep in to keep warm. That defeated the purpose since the reason we booked a suite was to hang out in the living area. The fireplace was not working as well. We also were harrassed for making too much noise that night at 9pm, but the GM appologized in the morning since it was not us making the noise after all. When checking out they credited us $50- big deal. I would never stay there again. Walls are paper thin, management is inexperienced! Not a customer oriented hotel at all. I requested the owners name or email address to let them know how business is being conducted, but the GM said he was in charge. Good luck with the current management. Do not stay there.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
6 Thank donna b
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I loved the aesthetic of this hotel. It truly has its own identity. The bed was very comfortable and the room felt grand. The walls needed some touch-ups and the carpeting was stained outside our room. It was pretty expensive, considering no ocean views and the restaurant and beach club ($25 extra for beach club access) was not attached to the hotel as it seemed from the website. The bar was bare and had no cocktail suggestions. Fresh ingredients and specialty cocktails would attract a nicer bar scene. The menu only listed alcohol types and no craft beer either. Value could be added with some fruit in the room to greet us, beach towels and beach umbrellas to borrow. The price point was about $100 too high. They are onto something with some tweaks in price and amenities.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank My2Cents4You
canada
Reviewed July 28, 2011

this hotel is a ripoff , $460 a night + taxes + room tax which i never heard of such a thing
i got a bill for one night $560 .

stuff are students with horrible costumer service skills

no breakfast , they give 10% at next door deli place ,

parking is very limited first come first serve , there is a parking next to the hotel for $5 for full day, cant they pay it if they have no spaces ,

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank ron111111
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 22, 2011

this place was great. we wanted to get away for a few days with our puppy so a co-worker who is from the Jersey Shore recommended the Bungalow Hotel. he was spot on. the staff was friendly, dogs are very welcome here, it's location is ideal and as for the price and the "extra" you have to pay for the beach club - totally worth it in my book!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 14, 2011

My assistant recently booked me at the bungalow on a business trip and I was dreading spending the weekend in New Jersey. I traveled all the way up from northern florida and I was pleasantly surprised, let alone shocked about how great my experience was. I travel around the country and overseas about 2 weeks every month and I am delighted to report the fabulous time that I had. It was a business trip which turned out to be an delightful experience. The staff was very tentative and went above and beyond to make sure I was satisfied. I even mentioned my interest in reserving a table at one of the hottest restaurants in the area and in no time I had an ocean front table.

I would like to personally thank the staff at the bungalow for making my dreaded business trip to jersey an very delightful time. I will be returning with my family to show them how great the jersey shore can be. Dont let the stigma of the " the jersey shore" deter you from staying at this fine establishment. They really know how to treat an valued guest.

I would like to thank the staff and everyone involved in making my stay absolutely wonderful.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Yachtcruz121
Northvale, New Jersey
Reviewed July 14, 2011

We are just back from a great visit to the shore. I just read the two poor reviews posted and agree with some of the minor points, but it depends on your expectations. Our family of four, with two teenagers, could not find a decent hotel on the shore that didn't add $25 to $40 per kid per night. The location, the staff, especially Scott, the beach, the pool table and antique foozball in the lobby are all terrific. The pool and "private beach" at Le Club is not worth it, the fenced off beach area doesn't even get close to the water, you may as well be in the parking lot that is the view from the room, but the rooms are so nice and the beach so close the view doesn't really matter. You get a small fridge in the room and complimentary spring water, not $4.50 if you drink it, and a new cafe just opened within the same building call "cake, bake, and roll" for those late night snacks. We took the train to town and borrowed two free chairs and an umbrella that worked great for us. We plan on returning next year with friends and getting two rooms.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
La Quinta Inn West Long Branch
La Quinta Inn West Long Branch
#2 of 3 in West Long Branch
Homewood Suites by Hilton Eatontown

Been to Bungalow Hotel? Share your experiences!