“Good food and family atmosphere”
Review of The Sitting Duck

The Sitting Duck
Ranked #13 of 132 Restaurants in Long Branch
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a family owned/operated full service family restaurant serving lunch, dinner & cocktails. We pride ourselves on food quality & service
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

This is a great local family restaurant it is very well-managed the food is good the service is good the overall vibe of the restaurant is excellent you can tell that it is very well managed and spotless. You will not be disappointed at this plac

There are newer reviews for The Sitting Duck

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I love the sitting duck, always have & always will. great service and great food. very friendly staff & they treat you like family. definitely an experience worth repeating.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I have been going to The Sitting Duck for years and it is still has the same great atmosphere, good food and reasonable prices. The owner is almost always there and usually seats the customers. I was there recently on Saturday night for dinner and it was a packed house as usual which is always a good sign. We started out with Crabmeltaways which consists of French bread baked with melted cheddar jack cheese & lump crabmeat...excellent as always. My friend had the Caesar salad and I had the Sitting Duck House salad which consisted of a mix of romaine and iceberg lettuce topped with shredded carrots, cauliflower, sliced red onion, cucumbers, diced tomatoes, broccoli florets & shredded cheddar jack cheese. I ordered it with the Mandarin Orange Sesame Ginger dressing which was out of this world. Our server was initially friendly and attentive. However, as the evening progressed, we saw less and less of her. When she finally returned to our table, it was with the check which she just placed on our table and walked away. Never asked if we wanted coffee, dessert, etc. Not sure if she was ending her shift and wanted to leave or what. That was the only disappointing part of our visit. I would definitely recommend this place to everyone and they're family and kid friendly.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place was recommended by a friend at the racetrack. We went there for lunch one day and dinner another.

Overall -- very good. Nice menu, nice local, casual place, variety, etc. Whether you want a sandwich and pub-type-grub, or more of an entrée, pasta, etc. -- it was all good.

There is plenty of room, good drinks, and each dish had good flavor, taste and so on.

The service was good, but the one time I was there for lunch, the waitress was a bit inaccessible. Maybe she was busy or something, but it didn't ruin the experience for us.

I enjoyed it and would have no problem going back. It's a good place amongst fast-food, mall, track, etc. -- an asset to the area.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Have been here many times. Husband is a carnivore and just LOVES the burgers. Little did I think the veggie burgers would be good. Well Surprise. They where better then I expected. And the place is always cozy. Stop by great menu and bar.