“Had lunch and dinner...very good local place”
Review of The Sitting Duck

The Sitting Duck
Ranked #12 of 139 Restaurants in Long Branch
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a family owned/operated full service family restaurant serving lunch, dinner & cocktails. We pride ourselves on food quality & service
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place was recommended by a friend at the racetrack. We went there for lunch one day and dinner another.

Overall -- very good. Nice menu, nice local, casual place, variety, etc. Whether you want a sandwich and pub-type-grub, or more of an entrée, pasta, etc. -- it was all good.

There is plenty of room, good drinks, and each dish had good flavor, taste and so on.

The service was good, but the one time I was there for lunch, the waitress was a bit inaccessible. Maybe she was busy or something, but it didn't ruin the experience for us.

I enjoyed it and would have no problem going back. It's a good place amongst fast-food, mall, track, etc. -- an asset to the area.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Have been here many times. Husband is a carnivore and just LOVES the burgers. Little did I think the veggie burgers would be good. Well Surprise. They where better then I expected. And the place is always cozy. Stop by great menu and bar.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

The food here is so-so. There is nothing here to really rave about. The burgers are really big, but never seem to be cooked as ordered. Service lacks enthusiasm. Was greeted at the door by a man who told me to follow him with a stern voice. For my waitress, she lacked a smile. I live in the area so would return to the duck, but as last option. This place is not by any means my goto spot

Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is a great place to get a variety of dining options in a short period of time. That is of course unless its between May-September (racetrack season) when it can be quite busy. Daily specials are diverse. Only drawback is inconsistency in preparation.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I have eaten here several times and would rate the food ok.Their hamburgers seem to be their best item but I find them to be alittle pricey for an ok burger.Their dinners are also kind of pricey for just basic fair.I would tend to stick to a sandwich, wrap or burger when I eat there.