New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“A nice choice and updated hotel...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Daddy O Hotel

Daddy O Hotel
Atlanta, Georgia
“A nice choice and updated hotel...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Stayed at the Daddy O for a nearby wedding. Hotel has been updated recently and it shows. Location is great - just a block from the beach. Beach towels and chairs included which is nice. Beach is very nice as well.

Room was nice, cool (great A/C) and quiet. Bed and linens good as were the towels. Nice restaurant on site and a great roof top bar. Room (and hotel) is clean and nice.

Staff was also very nice, helpful and pleasant. Would stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Rod A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at Daddy O for a one night quick get away. We arrived at 11 am and went inside to get beach towels and chairs, which was very handy and the chairs are super comfy. I asked for a early check in and I received a call at 2pm on beach that my room was ready, it was great timing. We checked inn and had room 301 and wow was it nice, it was a semi private queen suite, lots of room and loved rainforest shower. It was a short walk to sundeck and there was only one other room on that floor 302, which the couple staying there said it was a little noisy from sundeck. Really only down falls were the price and the maze to get to the 3rd floor but besides that it was perfect. The price is understandable due to the many "motel" options on the island, if your looking for a great classy place this is it. I didn't eat at the restaurant I usually go to chegg or other favorites on island.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ct3311
Highlands, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

This botique hotel is a great find on an island where all of the other establishments are "motels " . They are 5 doors from one of the best beaches on all of LBI .The decor is a great throwback to 60's Beach Chic. The rooms are a little small but with so much to do on LBI there isn't a need to spend much time in the room . Their beautiful restaurant is top notch with inventive delicious food at very fair prices and was recently redecorated (after Hurricane Sandy).Their main bar is a great place for a good drink .They also have a terrific rooftop deck with bar service and a great view of the island .They also have another outdoor space with a bar which is the perfect place to chill. They also provide beach chairs, towels and beach badges which is a wonderful convenience. They have a "no children under 12 "policy which really appealled to us .I recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a unique place to stay on LBI .

Room Tip: Ask about one of the larger rooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tom K
The shore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful! Love the way they redid everything after the storm. Food was delicious, service was great! Felt at home when in the restaurant.
Did not stay in the rooms which is why I only gave it a 3 BUT I'm sure they are just as beautiful

• Stayed May 2014
Surf City, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

A couple of years ago I had eaten here and had some drinks, it was ok ..... I really enjoyed the roof top deck up until we had a not so great experience. We showed up and the entire menu was changed, it was short and very unusual, which is fine becuase i like trying new flavors and food. Yet on the roof it was packed with people yet no bartender to be found, and i was very disapointed because i had talked to highly of this place. BUT i do want to let everyone on trip advisor and management of Daddy-O know that i recently had dinner here, and the food was fantastic and the waitress we had Deena was outgoing , personable, held great conversation and gave us great menu choices. She told us that the roof top deck will be re-opening and to please come back and check it out, which because of my experience i will be ! SO GLAD we decided to come back and give this place another shot, i was very happy !

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Daly City, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

This is a review for the hotel. The hotel is super modern and nice, and very walkable to the beach. We came there during the off season on a weeknight through a deal from Jetsetter. The front desk lady, Heather, was professional and sweet, and without me asking for it she upgraded me to a queen suite. I asked what the differences with rooms are and she explained without hesitation. I read some previous dissatisfied reviews on Trip Advisor so I was a little concerned. She said I wasn't near the laundry or elevators. She also said that we could request a later check out, and to check back tomorrow when the manager is there.

We had to call back in the room and ask about the internet wifi password and parking pass (parking is free) which I think we should of been told at check in so although she's a sweetheart, with a boutique hotel you expect them to be more proactive. The wifi is very weak in my room so I had to tether my phone. There was fresh fruit out, though, which is a nice touch. The hotel, room and bathrooms are all very clean.

The room itself is gorgeous. It is spacey with a sitting area, queen sized bed and a sizable bathroom. Like the rest of the hotel, it's modern contemporary with a hint of vintage beach art. The elevator is cool looking but not for the claustrophobic. The stairway is actually carpeted and decorated. We loved the room. The tv seems disproportionately small compared to the rest of the room though, and not super viewable from bed, but we don't watch much tv.

Now my biggest complaint is something they can't do much about, the noise. Our room, 215, is right next to Long Beach Blvd, so starting around 6:30am you hear traffic through the rest of the day. I would recommend they double pane the windows to avoid this but it did wake me. The other noise issue is that we heard furniture being moved around at 11pm and probably again around 7am/8am (not sure), so that was disturbing. Also, the walls to the bathroom are thin so you should be comfortable with who you're staying with. You could hear noise from anyone in the hall which isn't a major issue when only one other couple is staying in the hotel. If there is music below you you'll hear that too. So for this hotel keep in mind unless you're a heavy sleeper, you may have noise issues.

Room Tip: Get a south side room farther from the boulevard.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank jenssey
NYC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I was very disappointed with our room, and of course there were no other rooms available.
I knew in advance from the room description that the room we would have would NOT have a view. "No view" means that when you look out the window, there is not a scenic vista in front of you. My expectation was that we would not be looking out on the ocean or the bay or something pretty and instead would be facing a parking lot or some other building which would have been perfectly acceptable.

My expectation WAS NOT that we would not even be able to look out the window at all! We essentially stayed in a room with no window which was very claustrophobic and weird. Room 205 has two small windows both of which are covered on the outside by large shutters with just about 3 inches of light coming in on the bottom third of the window. The room was dark and depressing in the day time (even though it was August) which made us uncomfortable. Through the 3 inches of space on the sides, we could see the rooftop which was covered with pipes and ducts. Looking onto that without the shutters would have been much more preferable to not having any light in our room at all. And of course we couldn't open the windows either.

In short, we were misled by the room description. Something in the description like "severely obstructed window view" would be a much more appropriate way of describing the actual situation in room 205 not "no view." Additionally, the scented cleaning products they use in the rooms are very strong and left a permanent, lingering cinnamon scent that made me nauseous. I sent an email to the manager following our stay TWICE and never received a response which is also unacceptable. Given the premium pricing of this hotel and the actual quality of the rooms and the service, we will opt next time for a simple, beach motel. This place is a rip-off and clearly the management doesn't care about repeat business.

Room Tip: Do not accept room 205 as it essentially is windowless.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
The Sand Castle
The Sand Castle
#1 of 5 in Barnegat Light
5.0 of 5 stars 134 reviews

Been to Daddy O Hotel? Share your experiences!