New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Great Escape from LBI Motels!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Daddy O Hotel

Daddy O Hotel
New Brunswick, New Jersey
“Great Escape from LBI Motels!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Daddy O Hotel over this past weekend and everything about the establishment was amazingly impressive. The Hotel Front Desk was more than helpful and each different employee that we met was just as generous and accommodating as the last. Our room was small, yet exceptionally clean. Next time we’ll get a queen. The first night we decided to eat down in the restaurant and service was once again great. Our server was more like a tour guide. She led us through the meal with excellent recommendations for drinks as well as food. It’s an interesting menu and the scallops were awesome! After, we headed up to their roof top bar and topped off our night with an amazing view and a stiff martini. Well recommended and we will surely be back next year!

2 Thank allie b

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Succasunna, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

From walking through the front door to the exit. The decor is nice and appears upscale until you have to cross paths with the various staff members. The bar access is blocked by tables? Bartenders are much more worried about other than the customers. The restaurant staff didn't fair much better. The best was sitting waiting for our dinners to arive with dirty plates around us.
The server brought our dinners, placed them at the opposite,clean, side of the table and left as he told us to enjoy dinner??? The food was excellent though. What a shame!!! I'm a property owner on the Island and cannot recommned this place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank GerryW7489
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for a friend's wedding near by. While the staff was friendly and helpful, the hotel was definitely not worth the $350/ night summer time price tag. I didn't even know that they still had hotel rooms in the US that only had full/double beds in them! We were up on the roof top later in the night and were told to go downstairs to the bar because it was closing. When asking why, we were told by a waitress that hotel guests were complaining, and "when they're paying $500 a night to stay here, we have to listen to them!" But apparently if you're only paying $350, your opinion doesn't matter.
No amenities.
Stay at the Holiday Inn.

Ridgewood, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

We stayed here for two nights for a friend's wedding and were very disappointed. It is marketed as an upscale hip boutique hotel, but was understaffed, disorganized, and lacking any real amenities. While the rooms were decorated OK, the walls were ridiculously thin and the door to the bathroom was broken. The elevator only went to the 2nd floor so we had to drag our luggage up the stairs to the third floor -- there was seemingly no one available to do that. There is no breakfast available other than boxed packaged muffins and other unappealing options. There is no pool, no spa -- nothing that would command the prices that we were charged. There was also a loud party on the roof deck outside our room on the 3rd floor both nights with pounding music till midnight. We have stayed in many fine hotels and this one definitely wasn't! If it were one third of the price, it would have been OK -- but it was definitely nothing special. Seems like the hotel is just an add-on to a lively bar scene and restaurant.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the 3rd floor -- too hard to get to and too loud!
Hoboken, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

After reading a NY Times article describing Daddy O's, I filed it away in the back of my brain for the next time I spent some time in LBI. Looking for places to stay for this past week, I started here and then looked at some of the other properties on the island. Ultimately, I made a reservation here even though it was about $70 more per night than I had wanted to spend. That said, I surely didn't dwell on that when I arrived!

Upon arrival, the staff was very friendly and accommodating and happily provided my room key and beach badges. My room had an Endless Summer motif which was appealing as I just watched the movie a few weeks ago and had my longboard strapped to the top of my car! The rooms were quite nice - - "W" like - - and included a Keurig coffee maker, an alarm clock/MP3player/CD player (which I couldn't figure out how to correct the time), 2 over priced bottles of water that I didn't open, a bed and a single chair (at least my room did). My room seemed quite sizable and also had two closets (only one with a bar for hanging stuff). The bathrooms were nice and new with that 1/2 shower glass that I don't really understand.... seriously, when did shower doors go out of style? The only thing missing was a small fridge (but my cooler with ice worked fine) and a window that opens to the ocean air.

The hotel itself is nicely located a short (really short) walk to the beach and the hotel provides you with beach towels, badges, and beach chairs. That said, the beaches near the hotel don't have a very good break so I traveled by car to 68th St.

One of the great things about the hotel is the roof deck bar, the courtyard bar, and the restaurant bar inside the hotel. Post-beach each day, I went to the roof for some quick happy. The crowd was eclectic and fun although more on the older side than I expected (although, early and Monday to Wednesday nights w/ no weekends; I understand it is younger and more lively on the weekends!). The calamari is fantastic....

Lastly, they offer a nice complimentary muffin / juice / fruit / bar (cereal bar) for breakfast delivered between 6 AM and 10 AM per your instructions each morning.

At the end of the day, will I go back? Yup. With glee. Although I'll look for a deal on the room cost...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Gary C
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

Hotel room was extremely small and poorly appointed. Service was horrible. Very disappointing. Will not return. Room on LBI Blvd side was very loud....heard road noise

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank Tyharley
Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2012

While somewhat excessively hip, this is by far the best hotel on Long Beach Island. It is inexpensive in the off season and not exhorbitant in the summer months. The rooms are small but quite adequate and there is an excellent, though pricey restaurant. Easy to park and located a block from the beach it is well worthwhile for the person exploring longer term stays on the island

Room Tip: ask for a room facing north
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
#2 of 7 in Seaside Park
Windward at the Beach
Windward at the Beach
#4 of 10 in Beach Haven

Been to Daddy O Hotel? Share your experiences!