“Not the place to stay with small kids”
Review of Daddy O Hotel

Daddy O Hotel
Reviewed September 8, 2011

While this hotel is decorated with stylish sophistication they believe that if you have younger children you should not stay there. I was visiting LBI for one night. This, sadly was the only hotel in the area I was looking for that would allow one night reservation. Their child policy listed on the website conflicts with what I was told over the phone while trying to make the reservation. The hotel made an "exception" for my 2 boys who are aged 4 and 6 because it was the middle of the week. The reasons as for their policy really boil down to the hotel did not want to upgrade the noise proofing between rooms. And that aspect is very apparent. Our visit was uneventful and we literally spent 12 hours in the hotel. But, I was so anxious over every peep my kids made that I was not very comfortable. I am well aware there are lenient parenting styles but I feel their policy could be tweaked and enforced in a way to not make parents uncomfortable. Just because I have young kids does not mean I don't enjoy a stylish hotel. It also doesn't mean my kids will act like wild animals.
I think if you are a couple or a family with older kids this place is fine, but a bit pricey. However, one of the reasons given to me for why management doesn't like to encourage children staying there is because "amorous" noises are easily transmitted between walls. As a hotel patron if I can hear the couple next to me going crazy I am going to be pissed, kids with me or not.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank redtiggrLA

Reviewed August 22, 2011

We stayed July 4th weekend but only for one night and wished we could have stayed longer. The rooms were a little small and we were surprised that there was no refridgerator. The food in the restaurant was fantastic and the waiter we had was so helpful. He told us about the Nardie's bus and we used that trick all weekend. Would go back!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank dan1elleb
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We stayed here for only one night but wish we could have stayed longer! The hotel decor is hip and modern the food was great. They have a great restaurant a rooftop bar and a nice outdoor lounge area. You wont miss being directly on the beach the hotel is 1/2 block to the beach and they provide beach chairs and towels. Great place to stay!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank MCCMaplewoodnj
Reviewed July 30, 2011

We booked two of the boulevard queen rooms for a 2 night stay a couple of weeks ago. The man i booked the room wiith (i think his name was tim) was very knowledgeable and super helpful when it came to booking the room and confirming everything. we arrived at the beach a few hours before check-in and were able to pick up our beach badges early. after spending a few hours on the beach we walked the half a block to daddy-o and were greeted by the friendliest, most down to earth front desk representative i had ever dealt with. he answered all our questions about the hotel, where to go to eat, where to drink, and some of the more fun things to enjoy around lbi. he let us know which places to avoid and where to show up early. his name was brian.
we spent our first night at the bar downstairs and were all super impressed. the atmosphere was classy, but not stuffy. the bartenders (susan and tre) were incredibly friendly and definitely great bartenders.
the hotel is a little expensive, but its definitely worth it.
and to brian, susan, and tre, thank you guys again. you made our stay so wonderful. can't thank you guys enough.
sincerely, hurricane nizzi

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank hurricanenizzi
Reviewed July 26, 2011

The Best Hotel in Long Beach Island! The staff was very friendly and extremely knowledgable about the island. Every morning the women at the front desk had such great suggestions and recommendations of places to check out and activities to do with the kids. Great since we have not been to LBI the past few summers. Staff consistently made sure everything was perfect! Room and linens were extremely clean and restaurant was fantastic. We were so happy with the restaurant, had friends join us the second evening of our stay. Again, service and dinner was fabulous! Beach is just down the block from the hotel. Daddy O's provided beach badges, towels and chairs. Overall, only have great things to say about Daddy O's. We had a wonderful long weekend in LBI and will definitely be back. Hope we are able to get a reservation because Daddy O's is absolutely one of LBI's best kept secrets!

1  Thank KSP044
Reviewed July 26, 2011

I booked a weekend with the Daddy O Hotel and gave them a 50% deposit. They have a very stringent cancellation policy, but I called them a week before our stay was due to begin, and the person with whom I spoke said they would waive their no-refund policy. I thanked him, but thought it was strange that he did not give me a cancellation number.

I therefore sent them an email the next day, thanking them for waiving the cancellation policy and issuing a full refund-- no response to my email.

On what would have been the second day of my stay, the hotel called me:"gee, you were a no-show last night, and we are wondering if you are going to show up tonight?". I explained I had called to cancel. six days previously, and that I had sent an email confirming the cancellation.

The hotel management continues to insist I never called to cancel, and/or that whoever I talked to at the hotel did not have the authority to waive the refund/cancellation policy.

Not exactly the best customer service!

2  Thank EBE0
Reviewed July 24, 2011

Did a Mother/Daughter trip with my daughter and my sister-in-law and niece of the Jersey Shore. Very much enjoyed the beautiful white sand beaches the state has but unfortunatly did not have a pleasant experience at this hotel. They are very understaffed and the few staff they have are not well trained. One late evening "Brian" came knocking loudly on my door and demanded for me to open door. He woke my daughter and I of course wouldn't let him in and demanded he tell me what he wants...I guess he got us mixed up with someone who didn't pay their bill at the bar...well he should have checked rooms and not been so rude! Also walls are paper thin so you hear everthing! Wall paper is peeling off some walls and breakfasts are not good. plus there are few staff to help with luggage.

3  Thank evita1208
#1 of 49 in Atlantic City
Sea Spray Motel
Sea Spray Motel
#7 of 12 in Beach Haven

Been to Daddy O Hotel? Share your experiences!