“the staff made our trip excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Daddy O Hotel

Daddy O Hotel
“the staff made our trip excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

We booked two of the boulevard queen rooms for a 2 night stay a couple of weeks ago. The man i booked the room wiith (i think his name was tim) was very knowledgeable and super helpful when it came to booking the room and confirming everything. we arrived at the beach a few hours before check-in and were able to pick up our beach badges early. after spending a few hours on the beach we walked the half a block to daddy-o and were greeted by the friendliest, most down to earth front desk representative i had ever dealt with. he answered all our questions about the hotel, where to go to eat, where to drink, and some of the more fun things to enjoy around lbi. he let us know which places to avoid and where to show up early. his name was brian.
we spent our first night at the bar downstairs and were all super impressed. the atmosphere was classy, but not stuffy. the bartenders (susan and tre) were incredibly friendly and definitely great bartenders.
the hotel is a little expensive, but its definitely worth it.
and to brian, susan, and tre, thank you guys again. you made our stay so wonderful. can't thank you guys enough.
sincerely, hurricane nizzi

• Stayed July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Location
      Rooms
3 Thank hurricanenizzi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Wyckoff, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

The Best Hotel in Long Beach Island! The staff was very friendly and extremely knowledgable about the island. Every morning the women at the front desk had such great suggestions and recommendations of places to check out and activities to do with the kids. Great since we have not been to LBI the past few summers. Staff consistently made sure everything was perfect! Room and linens were extremely clean and restaurant was fantastic. We were so happy with the restaurant, had friends join us the second evening of our stay. Again, service and dinner was fabulous! Beach is just down the block from the hotel. Daddy O's provided beach badges, towels and chairs. Overall, only have great things to say about Daddy O's. We had a wonderful long weekend in LBI and will definitely be back. Hope we are able to get a reservation because Daddy O's is absolutely one of LBI's best kept secrets!

1 Thank KSP044
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

I booked a weekend with the Daddy O Hotel and gave them a 50% deposit. They have a very stringent cancellation policy, but I called them a week before our stay was due to begin, and the person with whom I spoke said they would waive their no-refund policy. I thanked him, but thought it was strange that he did not give me a cancellation number.

I therefore sent them an email the next day, thanking them for waiving the cancellation policy and issuing a full refund-- no response to my email.

On what would have been the second day of my stay, the hotel called me:"gee, you were a no-show last night, and we are wondering if you are going to show up tonight?". I explained I had called to cancel. six days previously, and that I had sent an email confirming the cancellation.

The hotel management continues to insist I never called to cancel, and/or that whoever I talked to at the hotel did not have the authority to waive the refund/cancellation policy.

Not exactly the best customer service!

2 Thank EBE0
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

Did a Mother/Daughter trip with my daughter and my sister-in-law and niece of the Jersey Shore. Very much enjoyed the beautiful white sand beaches the state has but unfortunatly did not have a pleasant experience at this hotel. They are very understaffed and the few staff they have are not well trained. One late evening "Brian" came knocking loudly on my door and demanded for me to open door. He woke my daughter and I of course wouldn't let him in and demanded he tell me what he wants...I guess he got us mixed up with someone who didn't pay their bill at the bar...well he should have checked rooms and not been so rude! Also walls are paper thin so you hear everthing! Wall paper is peeling off some walls and breakfasts are not good. plus there are few staff to help with luggage.

• 3 of 5 stars
3 Thank evita1208
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

We stayed here for one night for a friend's wedding. The hotel does have a modern look and is much nicer than your average shore hotel/motel. The beds were nice and comfy. However, we were disappointed with many other things. The elevator was extremely slow, the rooms were small, and the rooftop deck was a joke. There was no pool. The walls were paper thin. In the afternoon there was a band playing right outside our room, and at night you could hear some noise from the lounge. Luckily it wasn't too bad at night though. The rooms had weird pictures of people from the 50s/60s at the beach. The bathroom was very nice and modern, but the door was horrible. I actually got locked in and my husband had to help me get out. Not a good value for the price. They didn't require a two night minimum in the summer like many other hotels though, so that was good.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
Plainsboro, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

We stayed at Daddy O last weekend and thought it was great. The rooms were clean and modern and the service was great. We especially loved the rooftop deck with bay and ocean views. Food at the restaurant was very delicious and creative and they have a great wine list and martini menu. We even liked the bar menu and would recommend it as a great weekend getaway place.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
      Location
      Rooms
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

I ate here with my husband and the food was excellent! I had the Buffalo Shrimp and hubby had the Filet with Crabmeat....we were quite pleased. Our waitress, Courtney, was so good we will request her again. You won't be disappointed.

Stayed January 2011
The Sand Castle
The Sand Castle
#1 of 5 in Barnegat Light
5.0 of 5 stars 134 reviews

Been to Daddy O Hotel? Share your experiences!