“go anywhere else”

Sea Horse Motel
livingston, n.j.
“go anywhere else”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I have by necessity had to stay here before - we still found service rude and room still smells - the pool is clean but too hot to enjoy and has the noisy traffic to look at - service ? none - walk to the beach across busy traffic corner.

Room Tip: all have a smell -
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
seahorsemotel, Owner at Sea Horse Motel, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
I'm sorry you felt that way about your stay. I only wish you had told me that our newly renovated rooms still smell. I don't see how that is possible when everything in the room is brand new. Floor, furniture, drapes, sheets, comforters - all new. We are booked every day in July and August. No one complains about the pool or the short walk to the beach. And service??? - Just ask and we will immediatly attend to your every need.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We booked a last minute trip to LBI on an unseasonably warm June weekend, and found the Sea Horse a nice, affordable option for one night. The room was small, and the pool wasn't open, but everything was clean and the beach was only a block away. We got bagels nearby for breakfast and played mini-golf in the evening. Bring your own toiletries and extra towels. Otherwise, fun times!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank adinab
Hatboro, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 5, 2013

The Sea Horse is one of the nicest placest I've stayed in Jersey. Eveyone I have meet here was SUPER nice! Staff is very pleasnt and easy on the eye's!! Unfortunatley hurricane Sandy stopped by and put a damper on January, February and March business. The owner is STONG , WILLING and LOOKING to come back BIGGER and BETTER than before!! I actually try to drive by once a month and get updates on the proress . Everything look's really good and can't wait untill the end of August to stay while we hit our annual clambake. I would stay here whenever I can!! See you soon Sea Horse!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Any room will do!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I was recommened to go there by another hotel, a favorite of mine that was full. Place is nice and clean, folks there are nice and happy to see you, they have their own pool and you are an easy 1 block walk to the beach. If I ever have an occassion to go there again I would ask for a diferent room in the main section of the hotel. The room we stayed in was in a back section of the property that I was told was newly renovated, hmmm. Anyway every thing else was just fine so I would return but as I said ask for a different room

Room Tip: Summer is busy on LBI so make your reservations before you venure out.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 14, 2012

The Sea Horse Motel is an ideal place to spend a summer vacation on Long Beach Island. Traveling with a family of four can often be stressful but booking with the Sea Horse Motel was a breeze. They have a great location, one block from the beach and a few miles from all the hustle and bustle that goes on in Beach Haven. Not to mention there is a pool right infront for the kids and they also offer pool classes on Wednesday mornings ( Perfect for moms)! The staff is friendly and helpful, with simple things such as extra pillows, towels. They even suggested some great restaurants and attractions! My room was very clean as well as the property itself. I highly recommend this motel for anyone who is interested in vacationing on Long Beach Island.

Room Tip: Book early, rooms go fast!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Linda B
Levittown, PA
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I stayed at the Sea Horse Motel for 3 nights last summer and just booked for this year! Elena is so helpful and accomodating to make sure my visit goes as smooth as possible! Can't wait to get there this August and have another memorable vacation!

Room Tip: Room #6 is my favorite!!!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Oaklyn, NJ
Reviewed October 23, 2011

I should have seen the warning signs. There is something wrong with an establishment that places on you hold for 10 mins and requires customer efforts to ensure a complete reservation process. So I guess I do share some of the blame here. I should have cancelled the reservation but when you are told it is non refundable after you've already given your credit card, what is one to do. It was dirty, no staff was on site..........period..........and the rooms were just plain divey. Splurge for a nicer place, trust me!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jaimee T
seahorsemotel, Owner at Sea Horse Motel, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
We would gladly give a refund if there was a good reason for one. But apparantly this customer did not have good reason because he didn't even ask for a refund. The motel is full every night in July and August. If it was such a dive I'm sure we would be out of business by now.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Long Beach Township
Legacy Vacation Resorts-Brigantine Beach
The Sand Castle
The Sand Castle
#1 of 5 in Barnegat Light

Been to Sea Horse Motel? Share your experiences!