“Delicious”

Panevino Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Panevino Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 81 Restaurants in Livingston
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: State Route 10
Description: Panevino Ristorante is an Italian restaurant in Livingston NJ serving lunch, dinner, take out & catering with an outdoor patio for dining & private events.
glenside, pa
“Delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Went to Panevino for a company dinner. There were 16 in our group. Our drink orders were taken immediately and at the table within minutes. Our orders were then promptly taken. The restaurant was super busy with a constant flow of people in and out. This did not slow down the kitchen in getting all our tables food out hot and quickly. I had a mini salad with pine nuts, mini garbanzo bean and spinach soup and baked eggplant parmesan. The soup and salad were very good but the eggplant was the BEST I have ever eaten. There was a wide variety of food ordered at our table from lasagna, meatballs and polenta, personal pizzas, salads and fish. I do not recall seeing any food left on anyone's plate at the end of the meal. The service was very courteous and precise. If I lived in NJ I would defiantly make this one of my regular spots to dine. Do not miss your chance to experience this wonderful restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Greyhoundpa

“Decent menu, decent food, good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

This place will never set the world on fire but if you're looking for a solid, busy family restaurant then this is good. Don't expect to have a quiet intimate dinner for two but I took my team there at their recommendation and we all enjoyed it. Can recommend the blackberry mojitos too!

Visited June 2013
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
“Good Italian food in great ambiance...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

From out side this restaurant seems to be simple. But, it services were great and food were awesome. One of my local colleagues took me to this place and ordered food for her preference.

Though i ordered my regular food - Pizza and pasta (though variety i dont remember), but taste was good, Worth visiting and trying there if you are looking for good Italian food,

There were lots of crowd (though it was neither friday night nor wkend) which provides testimony for its popularity.

• Visited February 2013
East Windsor, New Jersey
“Worth Taking a Ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Didn't know what to expect when my girlfriend suggested we grab lunch at this restaurant, Panevino, which I had never been to or heard of. It is in Livingston, New Jersey and I live and work a hour away so I wasn't familiar with it. My girlfriend had been to this restaurant once but it was a couple of years ago and she never mentioned the place to me so I am thinking it couldn't be that good. Was I so wrong. We went on a Saturday during the lunch hour. The restaurant was fairly busy but we got seated right away. Even before I ate anything I was impressed by the atmosphere of the place. The tables were spread out so it was very spacious. It was well lighted and clean. Normally I don't pay attention to the way a restaurant was decorated but I liked what they did with this place. It just made me feel more comfortable and relaxed. We started off with the ice tea. It is rare someone raves about ice tea but it is justifiable when it comes to Panevino's ice tea which is infused with orange juice. Without a doubt one of the best ice teas I have ever had at a restaurant and definitely one of the most refreshing. I could seriously see myself just sitting there all day drinking ice tea if I didn't have a job. We ordered appetizers. They offer the ability to choose multiple appetizers at a reduced rate so it gives you the opportunity to try more than one. We got the fried calamari and Arancini which is risotto cakes filled with meat, cheese and peas. The fried calamari was not like others I had. Can't explain it but it was just seasoned right, not overly fried. The arancini was very interesting. Never had anything like it. I got the eggplant parmigiana and my girlfriend got the chicken parmigiana. If I could have prepared my dish myself it would have been exactly what they made. The thinner the eggplant is sliced the better and this was by far the thinnest slices I have ever had. Instead of frying the eggplant they baked it. It makes so much of a difference. If this wasn't enough the sauce was excellent. Tried my girlfriend's dish and it was done perfectly. Love the breading they use on the chicken. It was overcooked which tends to happen at other restaurants. We finished off the meal with panna cotta. I think I might have had this dessert once before in my life but their pannacotta was unbelievably good. A must for someone who loves chocolate. Panevino is not only worth the money but also work taking a ride to Livingston.

• Visited June 2013
New Providence, New Jersey, United States
“Overwhelmed by Lunch Crowd”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

I attended a business network event on Tuesday and the restaurant staff was completely overwhelmed by the turnout - 50 people showed up and they were probably expecting 25. It took 45 minutes to get our food and that was after waiting 15 minutes for someone to take our order.

After we finished - it still took 10 minutes just to pay.

The chop-chop salad was good but at $17 not the greatest value.

In all fairness the staff did the best they could so I would be willing to give them another shot on a less crowded day to see if the service was better.

• Visited June 2013