“Standard, not memorable, but pleasant”
Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #57 of 83 Restaurants in Livingston
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I came here with two friends. I have been to the one in Union and find that the one in Union has better atmosphere. The food here is standard Olive Garden food. It's not memorable, but pleasant. I do enjoy my angel hair pasta. Service is on par. The staff were courteous and professional. Cannot complain. I came with two friends who do not eat a lot. So the three of us ordered two-for-$25 and the waitress was cool with it. Of course we did leave decent tips to compensate her doing the extra work for one more person -- she was very nice to offer to split up my friends' meals in half for them. It's not a place that I would go out of my way for, but if people want to go eat there, my response would be 'of course, let's go!'.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

The experience didn`t good. There was very cold inside and was blowing. Then we changed the table and at least there didn`t blow any more. The service was more or less normal, but blue -coloured nails of waitress annoied me. The house wine from Trentino was too sweet. I ate eggplant parmesan what was good but I have eaten better, thicker version in Florida.

Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Came here with a group of 6 people a few nights ago and we were very surprised and unhappy with the service. The restaurant was relatively empty and we had to wait several minutes to be seated. Even when we were seated, our waitress although she was very nice seemed very rushed, overworked and tired. Also took a long time to to get our orders taken and to get our food. We even noticed the other guests who arrived after us got their food quicker. One good point however is the fact that the manager did apologize and gave us a $20 gift card for a future use. Definitely not the standard of service that one would expect with this national chain.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Made a reservation for our group there, fit in all 85 people and gave us a great deal. The food wasn't spectacular, the portions smaller than usual and the waitstaff sparse but the manager worked out a deal, we fed the entire group and left us with a good impression.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I've been to a few Olive Garden's and was always very satisfied with my dishes. Maybe because I've ordered from the specialty pasta menu, instead of their standard menu. This time I wanted to save some money and ordered from the standard menu. I was very disappointed. It lacked the "wow" factor. In addition, the overall ambience of this particular restaurant was cold and unattractive. It had carpeting, which was speckled with paper debris. The service was slow, which led to food being served all at once. I HATE when that happens. My Sprite beverage tasted like Seltzer because their soda fountain ran out of syrup, an item was missing from my daughter's order, and the soup was lukewarm. No one wants to eat lukewarm soup on a frigid night. The chicken parmigiano was okay - the red sauce tasted like it came out of a Ragu jar. Breadsticks and salad were good, though. Waitress was knowledgeable of menu, but could not handle the pressure.