“Wish it was in my neighborhood!”
Review of baumgart's cafe - CLOSED

baumgart's cafe
Cuisines: American, Asian
Description: Here's the Zagat listing: http://www.zagat.com/r/baumgarts-cafe-livingston
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Went here tonight after reading the reviews posted. Wow! The service was too notch, a woman nearby dropped her credit card and they were right there to pick it up for her. You feel like a special guest the way the servers are there any time you need anything. Super friendly too. I ordered a dish off the light menu, chicken sautéed with my choice of veggies and a side brown rice. It was Delicious! I also ordered the house dumplings, which were good, maybe a little too much peanut sauce though, I would recommend getting it on the side. The atmosphere was great, again everyone is so friendly. Food came out fast and everything was fresh and tasty. I will make a point to return if work brings me back to the area.... I would love to have one in my neck of the woods! (CT)

Reviewed August 30, 2013

My 10-year-old daughter and I recently had lunch here. She had the lo mein, $6.99 (from the children's menu) and I ordered the chicken teriyaki, $10.99. The waiter was nice enough to substitute broccoli instead of the beans with her lunch. Mine came with miso soup, sushi, salad and an egg roll. Both meals were delicious. Her lunch, also, came with a dessert. She chose a coffee milkshake. We ate outside. The waiter doted on us. The atmosphere and food are so much better than a diner meal! We are returning for lunch this Monday with grandma. I would highly recommend this local restaurant.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

LOVE Baumgart's. We used to go to the one in Englewood, NJ until we moved to West Orange. Terrific food and it comes pretty quickly. I ordered the shrimp with walnuts and it was soooo TASTY.

I'm giving them one star less because they used to have these fabulous desserts but this time there was only a few to pick from.

Great for families because they have HUGE booths that can fit something like 8 people. Unfortunately, the outdoor mall they're in is losing one tenant after another so many of the stores there are closed.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

This is a local place for us and all the servers are really into making sure the kids are taken care of. The kids all love going there, I guess the home made ice cream that is included in the kids meal is one reason they all get excited. Food choices are great and fresh. Grat Family spot.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Wide mix of choices. Great for kids. Wow desserts. Great service. Some specials. Light bites. Affordable and close to home.