“Very nice stay”
Review of Westminster Hotel

Westminster Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Livingston
Reviewed August 3, 2010

My wife and I stayed here for her class reunion and were very happy with the accommodations and service. The room was rather large, well appointed, and spotless. Everyone we encountered there greeted us with a nice smile and a hello. A lot of places could learn from them on how to treat customers. The discount price could not be beat. I was looking forward to using the hot tub but was dissapointed by the 3 weak jets.
The bar is nice and comfortable but I have to say, ordering food there is expensive. Do they really need to charge $16 for a shrimp cocktail that has 3 large shrimp? I was not impressed with the food that was served for the reunion either.
My suggestion is stay there for the service, atmosphere, and the great rooms but go elsewhere to eat.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 21, 2010

We enjoyed staying at Westminster hotel very much. Nice contemporary furniture, very clean room, comfortable bed, soft towels and bath robes. Recently renovated. It was great to be able to open the window and have fresh air at night instead of running the conditioner. Rate was VERY discounted at that time. Someone said rates are low during the holidays. Restaurant is beautiful, luxury atmosphere, good food, little bit pricey. Good quality continental breakfast. Convenient location: right on the major highway and close to great shopping places. Swimming pool is warm and very clean.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2010

Last weekend I had the pleasure of staying at the Westminster Hotel for the very first time. My travel companion and I chose the hotel as an alternative the crowds of New York City and it was such a smart choice. We were actually traveling with a group from Atlanta, but wanted an alternative to the midtown Manhattan location chosen by our group. Well firstly, it could not have been easier. It was a short commute from Newark Airport and once we arrived at the hotel we found the staff so much friendlier and attentive than any experience we'd ever had in Manhattan. The grounds were beautiful and the hotel is a real show place, full of accessible luxury and contemporary style. The suite was large, beautiful and so very comfortable. The colors are so cool and relaxing. We almost didn't want to leave.

Shortly after arriving we had an incredible dinner at the Strip House in the lobby of the hotel. What a menu! Room service was a special treat aswell. The trip was going so well and then we received special pampering with massages in the spa. Great staff. I never felt rushed.

We went onto have a wonderful , stress free visit to the city and the manager of the Westminster helped us out by organizing a car service to pick us up after seeing Fences on Broadway. We'd just seen Denzel Washington, but we felt like stars!

The weekend was going so well that I decided to propose to lady friend in the car on the way back to the Westminster and gratefully, she said yes!

The Westmister Hotel set the scene for a perfect weekend and a pending wedding. It was all so unexpected.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2010

I travel to the area once/month and always stay here because of it's proximity to my client's offices. While the hotel and rooms are nice I have 2 main problems:
1. The only menu is the expensive restaurant menu. no real bar appetizers and when eating in the bar, you usually end up with a stuffy waiter from the restaurant who turns up his nose because we just want the $15 bar burger vs. the $42 steak
2. The internet connections in the room are lacking. They are slow even when connected via the ethernet cable vs. wireless. The speed is okay during the day but at night when every guest is online you can't stream a single thing and wait for multi media pages to load.
Because we work very late when traveling here we're considering finding another hotel. I'd gladly pay a daily fee for a dedicated high speed connection.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 18, 2010

All of my out of town guests/relatives/wedding party stayed at the Westminster during my wedding weekend. The hotel was great - the rooms were beautiful, the lobby area was a great place for my guests to meet up, and the location was perfect (based on where I had my reception).

Joannie (main contact) and Amy (brunch coordinator) were both extremely helpful!

• Stayed: April 2010
Reviewed May 18, 2010

The Hotel Westminster far exceeded my expectations on a recent business trip. I had not known what to expect, given that it was a non-chain hotel in suburban Newark. My room was clean and large, and overall, the hotel is well appointed and very convenient for travel in and out of the Newark airport. The hotel van service is very nice for those travelling without a car, and the restaurant on premises is quite good. The work out area and spa were nice touches in what I had expected to be a no-frills, low-service experience. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 10, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for our good friends' wedding, which was held in the hotel. We always love staying at the location of a wedding as it makes life very easy! But it was especially the case here - the rooms were gorgeous and huge. We had our 10 month old with us, and made a ridiculous mess every day with all her junk, and the cleaners just tidied it for us each day so we felt very looked after. Everyone at the hotel was a delight to deal with. We used the pool each morning and that was a treat. The breakfast was delicious too. I am not very familiar with New Jersey, but the location isn't the easiest if travelling by public transport, but we had a car so it was fine (and would have been worth all the effort if we hadn't!)

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Livingston
The Wilshire Grand Hotel
#1 of 1 in Short Hills
Garden Plaza Hotel
Garden Plaza Hotel
#4 of 4 in West Orange

Been to Westminster Hotel? Share your experiences!