“great price for quality, clean hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Westminster Hotel

Westminster Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Livingston
Jupiter, FL
“great price for quality, clean hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2010

Stayed for one night at the Westminster, a clean and modern hotel in the pleasant suburb of Livingston, NJ about a half hour ride from Newark Airport. Got an unbelievable $80 rate from orbitz.

• Stayed December 2009
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Korean first
newjersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2010

I booked the Westminister Hotel for my friends and family to stay for my daughters wedding on jan 10,2010. We could not have asked for anything more!! From the begining I worked with Johannie to book the rooms she could not have been more sweeter. This woman always returned my calls and bent over backwards to make sure we had a wonderful time.They extended the bar hours for us and the breakfast in the morning was terrific. The beds were sooo comfy!! The pool was beautiful our guests loved it. My daughter stayed before the wedding and had the best massage ever!! The shuttle bus drivers and all of the staff were the nicest people I have ever dealt with.We had twenty two rooms booked and no one had any complaints. I would reccommend this hotel to everyone. Thanks again to the staff michele ferrarella

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2010

We stayed at the Westminster on Thanksgiving night at a rate of only $95 (which included a buffet breakfast). We saw that it was rated as 4 stars but didn't believe that we could get such a hotel in Livingston, and certainly not at that low rate. We were wrong. The hotel was excellent in every way, and the staff was pleasant and accomodating. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable, and the heatlh club was fine (I was the only person in it). Perhaps the only negative was that most of the guests were leisure, not business travelers, and everyone went down for breakfast late in the morning, all at around the same time, and the room and staff simply could not handle everyone very well. Next time I am in the area I will not stay at the nearby Courtyard Marriott (which I always like) unless it can offer a room rate that is far below the Westminster.

Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Northern New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2009

My daughter was recently married and the Hotel Westminster was our rendevous location. All of our out-of-town guests had beautiful rooms. The hotel was able to provide shuttles for our guests to and from the reception. They could enjoy the party and not worry about driving home. The Bar and Restaurant were also very accommodating: the bar stayed open late and I was able to offer our friends a buffet breakfast before they had to travel home. Joannie Cruz was an attentive contact and helped me through the whole process of planning this. Kudos to her and the rest of the staff.

Merredith Krekel

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2009

Went for a night away with Fiance. Started with dinner at the Strip House restaurant. The bone-in ribeye was among the best I've had (what a tasty rub the chef used!) The restaurant had a retro feel.
The pool is nicely done, with natural sunlight shining through its windowed roof. The fitness center, though not large, includes some strength training as well as cardiovascular equipment and is well-maintained overall.
The standard room is has an open feel to it as the decor is somewhat minimalistic. The bed was very comfortable and soft. (Apparently the mattresses have a softer side and a firmer side when flipped over.) The windows open fully which is always nice. The sheets were bright white and the oversized bath towels had a soft feel.
No place is perfect, but the staff seems willing and friendly and the atmosphere makes for a relaxing stay.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Palm Harbor, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2009

We've stayed in some of the top hotels in the country and this is every bit as nice as some costing two or three times as much. And the bed and towels were outstanding. It provided a great way to relax after a great Thanksgiving dinner with family.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Morristown, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2009

First and foremost, the service is amazing. Everyone is very accommodating and professional. My sister had her 40th birthday party in their banquet facilities (which was an awesome experience) a year and a half ago. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed the party and service then.

I chose to stay at this hotel again for my wedding, as it is right down the street from where I was married...and the price was great. All of our out of town guests stayed here too. Every one of our guests raved about its cleanliness and service and decor.

We also had our rehearsal dinner at the restaurant/bar there. The food there: Amazing!

Again, this place is great and it gets a 2-thumbs up from my guests and me.

• Stayed October 2009
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Livingston
The Wilshire Grand Hotel
The Madison Hotel
#1 of 5 in Morristown
The Westin Jersey City Newport
The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown

Been to Westminster Hotel? Share your experiences!